Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:03:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Waypoint Commands  (Read 12293 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:11:43 pm »

Akka,

A while back you were talking about rewriting the instance code, so I just wanted to ask for consistency in the commands and a few requests.

Here are the few commands that could be consolidated;
1. enter raid - can only be used in zone and by instance creator
2. enter raid postorms - can only be used by instance creator in or out of zone
3. raid join warbash - can only be used by invitee
4. raid join warbash postorms -can only be used by invitee

So here there are 4 different commands that do the same thing more or less.
Can they all just be enter raid warbash postorms?

Also the 10 minute timer for repop is wonky, it can range anywhere from 10 min to 30 min, i notice this is an issue mostly if you try to repop before the 10 minutes.

As far as request I know you have these but wanted to thrown them out there.

1. delete instance. if there are concerns with abuse, just make it follow the same guidelines as repop, 10 minutes or only allow it to be deleted if less than 5 hours left on instance?
2. create raid instance postorms- currently this is not possible, can only create instance in the zone
3. enter static zone postorms - there is already a pet you can cast to do this but i think this would stop a lot of zone hopping as I don't use the pet. I usually just port to a guild instance then leave instance. Maybe this could help reduce some load on server? Dunno but would be nice.

Thanks for listening.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »

Toward Xmas last year, or a little after, Hunter was talking about being able to "refresh" an instance, allowing you to pay a full amount (or trigger if you have the freebie) within 12 hours of an instance ending to restart the 72 hour timer. It'd help.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

Toward Xmas last year, or a little after, Hunter was talking about being able to "refresh" an instance, allowing you to pay a full amount (or trigger if you have the freebie) within 12 hours of an instance ending to restart the 72 hour timer. It'd help.
Yeah that would be cool, sucks if you have 2 hours left on instance and need to do a t7 clear or something.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:29:32 am »

I got 80% through rewriting, then something hit where it prevented me from making the transition to land the code. Writing the code took a smooth few hours and I did not have issues sailing through the implementation and writing it in about 100 lines versus the 8,000 that Hunter has crazily placed all over the place and it makes me want to die inside. I love Hunter but holy man.

The reason being is that landing the new instance code involved nuking a ton of code that Hunter left behind and it is a huge spiderweb of craziness that needs to be cleaned up. It is something I would need to land and be prepared to tackle issues that arise.

I had a few interesting features implemented. Here is a pic for those that need to see to believe:

You could delete any of your instances without issue. You were scoped Solo/Group/Raid instances that you can create on your own, trying to keep the system simple and as retrofitting to the old system as possible.

At any point you can do 'enter guild' or click the saylink of the instance above to bring you directly to it.

You could set your instance to an 'Open' or 'Closed' state, this would help for you macroers out there where you have a main toon who creates instances and then the rest of them you want to /bcaa 'enter guild Akkadius' for example, if my instance was set to Open, you could hop into it whenever you want. Otherwise closed means I explicitly would have to invite individuals which is not a huge deal either.

All in all it is very simple, most of the commands are the same, it's a lot thinner and allows for expansion of features very simply, I just need to declare a time in which I land this update. I don't like the idea of landing big updates and disappearing when they need proper attention.

1. delete instance. if there are concerns with abuse, just make it follow the same guidelines as repop, 10 minutes or only allow it to be deleted if less than 5 hours left on instance?

Not that hard to allow cooldowns of a certain amount of time to prevent abuse

2. create raid instance postorms- currently this is not possible, can only create instance in the zone

This is not outside the realm of possibility

3. enter static zone postorms - there is already a pet you can cast to do this but i think this would stop a lot of zone hopping as I don't use the pet. I usually just port to a guild instance then leave instance. Maybe this could help reduce some load on server? Dunno but would be nice.

There is really no load on the server to be concerned about, but entering the static non-instanced version would not be difficult to add

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:41:13 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 01:40:00 am »

Awesome,
Thanks for the response, cant wait to see it in action!

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 07:14:17 am »

I do believe the delete instance nerf was needed due to the tacvi style of farming the zone for essences. I don't see a scenario where you could clear before repop becomes available.

Keeze
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:37:50 am »

I do believe the delete instance nerf was needed due to the tacvi style of farming the zone for essences. I don't see a scenario where you could clear before repop becomes available.

That and old server limits, which are gone now

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:54:33 am »

under the current system you can not repop a zone and remain in place, you and everyone is ported back to safe zone in area.

we all know there is a way around this, so my question is, why not just go back to the way it was so you can repop a zone and stay in your current position?

if we do it anyway, why not make it so you don't have to leave that instance, repop it, then zone back into that instance and coth back your FWP toon?

I just see it as a silly rule that everyone bypasses, going back to the way it was just cuts out the zoning twice and casting a coth spell/clickie

just an observation

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

under the current system you can not repop a zone and remain in place, you and everyone is ported back to safe zone in area.

we all know there is a way around this, so my question is, why not just go back to the way it was so you can repop a zone and stay in your current position?

if we do it anyway, why not make it so you don't have to leave that instance, repop it, then zone back into that instance and coth back your FWP toon?

I just see it as a silly rule that everyone bypasses, going back to the way it was just cuts out the zoning twice and casting a coth spell/clickie

just an observation

That's been known and on the list to fix for a while too. Changing instances should move you to the zone safe spots to prevent that "silly bypass".

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 11:43:53 am »

just an observation

That's been known and on the list to fix for a while too. Changing instances should move you to the zone safe spots to prevent that "silly bypass".

-Hate

lololololol

Bet you didn't see THAT coming

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 11:52:24 am »

Seriously, I can pull up the Google Chat conversation from September or so....we just got behind with everything (as usual). :-P

-Hate

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 02:02:47 pm »

just an observation

-Hate

Nooo! I mean.. There are some instances this is not a bad thing. TOFS for example, when I clear floor 7 and don't get Tser, I zone into raid/guild and clear then zone back. That means running back up after zoning to the floor you're on. Sad

Then again I'm sure there are a lot more instances T6+ that are unfair with staying in a spot and zoning twice...

-Anuli
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 02:20:56 pm »

yes cause having to run across and entire room and click on a mirror is game breaking and to much work..

you brought it up enjoy the nerf! or adjustment! or whatever.....

makes sense to return to safe spot on instance change...its going to suck....for like lower guk...but whatever...bring it !@!

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

yes cause having to run across and entire room and click on a mirror is game breaking and to much work..

you brought it up enjoy the nerf! or adjustment! or whatever.....

No, this wasn't forgotten...just not worked yet. I was just surprised to see Akkadius pulling out magic and rebuilding instancing bits. :-D

-Hate

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »

I'm not sure how the current setup of waypoints can be "abused" in an exploit sense.

The only examples I can think of are:

LP it's not beneficial

OC it's not beneficial

Abyss it's not beneficial

ToFS it's very useful... but I don't view that as an exploit... All it would change is that you would have to re-run up to whatever floor you were on with master key, which wouldn't really HURT you, it was just be annoying.

ToV & Anguish- instance at each boss to get new bosses...
It's faster for Darpey to just clear the whole isntance from beginning to end in one instance then to flip through instances at bosses.

Dragons not beneficial

Qvic not beneficial

CT not beneficial

Unless I'm missing exploit possibilities, or the things I've listed are considered as exploits, I'm not seeing the benefit of forced safe spot on new instance.

The affected zones as far as I can tell are ToV, Anguish, and ToFS - and ToFS seems like a non-sploit benefit to keep it as-is.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79