Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:51:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12-20-2014 (Rain of Fear 2 Client BETA Launched)  (Read 57240 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

If anyone wants to click items from inside bags Breach showed me how >> just do /useitem 23-32 (bag slot 1-10, though we only have 8 atm) 0-9. ie /useitem 30 0 clicks first clicky in 8th bag for me

/casting "itemname" works just as well for me Smiley

not sure how you got them to work but none of my /casting hotkeys worked after using this client, had to switch everything to /useitem
Eh sorry assumed it would work like UF, did not test.

Just tested and it works fine using /casting "itemname"

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:09 pm »

At char select it says "String Not Found (5362) and wont let me go past.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »

Just tested and it works fine using /casting "itemname"

Just messed around with it again and seems to actually work with equipped items and items in your inventory (but not in bags). Soon as i put the item in a bag the /casting command doesn't work.

oh well, better then nothing Smiley
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »

Someone with a working version should host it and share with the rest of us. No clue why I can't make it work but it's a new copy fresh from steam with all the fixes.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 08:44:29 pm »

I got mine through steam through that link they posted. It works great.

Did you click the link that Trev posted and install that one?

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 08:46:30 pm »

I downloaded it from steam... then i downloaded the ROF MQ ...installed..run as admin ...starting game with wineq i get a bunch of errors about wineq not seeing client and mq2 says its wrong client...game loads fine I just cant use mq or wineq

starting a new hotkey in wineq got rid of that error...can we delete the old ones? have to start from blank....mq2 still says wrong client..i will redowload it again

should we download rof or rof2 from mq site?

ROF2 worked....

thanks for...um....reading?Smiley
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:54:36 pm by balidet » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 09:14:48 pm »

run speed seems to be half of run speed on UF with the fastest travel click that is

jck169

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 09:25:21 pm »

Aug Sealer has no combine button

Also the aug sealer merchant doesn't have class 1 distillers listed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:31:08 pm by jck169 » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36:33 pm »

it would appear that if 2 files in wineq are of the same name...lets say toontank(oldclient) and toontank(newclient) if you make a shortcut in wineq it will start both with 1 click...going to test if you can basically name all of your clients the same in wineq then start all of your toons with 1 shortcut...not going to lie..that would be awesome

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2014, 10:41:45 pm »

Client runs smooth, for the most part. However....a few issues that pop out:

1) Cannot sell to vendor. When you try to the sell button grays out and you are locked out of most types interaction: cannot sell to any vendor or right/left click items. Happens with or without MQ2 running.

2) Extended Target Window doesnt seem to work, any UI, no matter what we do. Happens with or without MQ2.

3) Aforementioned run speed issues

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 10:48:53 pm »

you put in & take out augs directly from the item link now but since you cant use the distiller trick to juggle augs, theres no way to use duplicates in 1 item Sad
jck169

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:52 pm »

you put in & take out augs directly from the item link now but since you cant use the distiller trick to juggle augs, theres no way to use duplicates in 1 item Sad

mind blown.

Side issue, is mq2autologin broken in the rof compile from here?  Trying to set up a new batch file and crash whenever I load the plugin.

Also messed around with the aug removal and found out removing epic augs replaces the aug slot with a buy now button.  It won't let me put the augs back in.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:02:00 pm by jck169 » Logged
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 12:54:49 am »

mind blown.

Side issue, is mq2autologin broken in the rof compile from here?  Trying to set up a new batch file and crash whenever I load the plugin.

Also messed around with the aug removal and found out removing epic augs replaces the aug slot with a buy now button.  It won't let me put the augs back in.

yes it is broken I have the same issue

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:41 am »

I will check out the Runspeed and Extended Targets issues.

As mentioned, augmenting does not work the same as before.  No more need for the aug pool as aug slots on items stats window have slots similar to a bag that you can just drop an aug into.  This is a pretty awesome feature and makes aug management must easier.  You do still need to have distillers in your inventory to remove augments.

Akkadius mentioned that you guys were reporting issues with making item Hotkeys.  As far as I know, the old client functionality is still available for making slot based hotkeys for clickies and such.  The new clients have a new feature that maps hotkeys to a specific item instead of a slot, and will follow that item around if you move it.  You can still create a slot based hotkey by holding ALT, then hold left click on the slot that you want to make a hotkey for.  At some point, we will get the item based hotkey stuff working, but at least the old functionality is still available in the mean-time.

I am not sure why you are getting the buy now button on items after you removed an epic aug.  What aug slot type is it?  I need  more info so I can test and figure it out.  I am guessing it is something in the item header that would cause that buy now button to show up.

I am also not sure about the reported "String Not Found (5362)" issue at character select, as I have not seen that yet.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 12:21:22 pm »

Thanks for the response Trevius,
One thing I did not see you reference is 2 like aug failure.
With the old system let's assume we have 3 like augs, heroic resist stone III. If you wanted to have all like augs in an item, you would have to put 2 place holder augs in the top 2 slots then insert the hrIII. You would then remove the middle slot aug and insert the 2nd hrIII. Rinse and repeat for the last and top aug. If you did not use a place holder in the top 2 slots, the hrIII would tak the top slot and not allow the same aug to be placed in the 2nd or 3rd slot. A poster above said with the new system they could not aug same augs together.

Edit. I just confirmed, you get the error "you cannot place two duplicate gems in the same item"
I tried different variations and same error.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:33:05 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179