Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:22:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Cleric Heal Buffing  (Read 40897 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:04:31 am »

I've read your concerns about clerics not being the top healer compared to paladins, and I think I would like to change that.

What would you all think of a cone AE CHeal for clerics? It would have greater health than the aoe heal that clerics get now, but a longer recast (I was thinking of doing it on the epic to replace the crap that never gets used right now.)

Obviously I won't change anything without running it through Hunter, but... I would like to see your inputs.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:40:34 am »

I don't know if that would make clerics any more in demand. People who already have their 2-3 pally's setup will keep using them. Why switch you can just keep going w/what you have. The pally heal proc is already good enough to keep everyone in the group alive in most  if not all situations. If anything you'd want to shorten the cast and recast time, and/or maybe even give them another type of HP buff to stack w/what is already out there. I don't know that I can see clerics over taking pally's as the main healers w/o some big change in the content or the class itself.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:43:30 am »

This is the land of boxing. Minimal effort for maximum effect will be what is used.
I don't see cleric healing, no matter how buffed, becoming relevant enough to warrant
the shift from paladins in the absence of;

(a) a decrease in paladin potency
or
(b) encounters which don't promote melee range healing

I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:47:45 am by Apology » Logged

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:04:27 am »

I would love to see cleric healing become worthwhile.  I have two t2 geared clerics that I just feel are a wasted group slot right now.

Maybe a regen effect on the group heal.  So it heals you and leaves a short term regen effect for several thousand health. It would have to be pretty high though because I don't think oracle would affect it with the current coding.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:04:35 am »

This is the land of boxing. Minimal effort for maximum effect will be what is used.
I don't see cleric healing, no matter how buffed, becoming relevant enough to warrant
the shift from paladins in the absence of;

(a) a decrease in paladin potency
or
(b) encounters which don't promote melee range healing

I could be wrong.

No you're pretty much right no w/that. It's all about efficiency. You have to figure out to make a cleric just as efficient at healing or more efficient than a pally. Maybe a beefed up ae HoT spell, that has another effect like an hp buff or ac buff while the HoT is on. Basically that's all your pally is, an ae HoT, cept he adds dps too and can tank if needed too.  So how are you going to make a cleric more or just as useful as that?

Zeval31

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:05 am »

heal proc is so effective, it breaks the balance. Call me extreme, but get this out and the healers will have a job again
Dood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 09:35:14 am »

How about a crafters guild aug for clerics that procs a group heal or rune, works for both boxes and people actually playing clerics. Smiley

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 09:40:07 am »

The first cleric I see up meleeing on a mob will get coth'd off the side of the island in PoG (PoA). They do it again and I am going to teleport them to lavastorm.

ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 10:08:14 am »

I think that a massive HoT would help alot if it was several thousand HP every 6 seconds for atleast a minute or so. It would amost be like Druid 3.0 but shorter duration and group.
This would allow you to cast it going into a fight and make those first few secondsa little easier.
Also consider beefing up the Bulwark line maybe.  Maybe a flat 10% absorb or 20%absorb that lasts only a minute or so.

If you did CH it would have to be very short cast time with a decent recast.  However if you have long recast boxing people will not want to use it.
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 10:20:42 am »

Remove the CH tag from the CH spells so they get all the focus benefits.
Cut the cast time on word of redemption from its base by like 4 seconds or so since enc spell haste does not effect it.
Maybe increase the base heal value on the top 4 or 5 heals by a few percent.

Honestly would probably take all the above to make it worth while to use a cleric over a paladin other then for DI'ing.
Even with max oracles the healing ability just sucks, I could not proc for several combat rounds and still heal more on a paladin.

I have some old screen shots and under the old charm system I was doing bigger heals with no oracle then I can do with no oracle now. So some where along the line things got disjointed and it just added up and added up until it became obvious that boxing 3 clerics per tank was not worth it when you could box 1 or 2 paladins and do the job twice over.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 10:26:52 am »

Remove the CH tag from the CH spells so they get all the focus benefits.
Cut the cast time on word of redemption from its base by like 4 seconds or so since enc spell haste does not effect it.
Maybe increase the base heal value on the top 4 or 5 heals by a few percent.

Honestly would probably take all the above to make it worth while to use a cleric over a paladin other then for DI'ing.
Even with max oracles the healing ability just sucks, I could not proc for several combat rounds and still heal more on a paladin.

I have some old screen shots and under the old charm system I was doing bigger heals with no oracle then I can do with no oracle now. So some where along the line things got disjointed and it just added up and added up until it became obvious that boxing 3 clerics per tank was not worth it when you could box 1 or 2 paladins and do the job twice over.

+1  Tongue
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 10:27:14 am »

It might also work to add to cleric AE heals something that removes the root that bosses do.  Make it take a few casts or something but that would be a semi-unique addition since radiant cure has a CD.
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »

Radiant cure use to remove that root in one cast. Now it doesnt.
Manastones ftw to get rid of root.

Another idea, lower mana cost on cleric t3 spell, reduce cast time and maybe even make it group heal.
Dont make it cheap enough to spam with in a macro but let a cleric get 2 or 3 off before having to med a little.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:30 pm »

So any plans to work on this? How about lowering the mana cost of the T3 spell for starters and maybe swap the cast time and recast time. Like 1 sec cast time 3.5 sec recast delay?Huh?

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 12:22:39 am »

Bring it on, I got several unused clerics sitting around full T4 with 4.0's.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053