Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:32:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Stability  (Read 4722 times)
Strix

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:17:58 am »

Hi All

For the past 24 hours I seem to be having massive problems playing on EZ.  I'm not sure if my location is playing a part in this as a friend who lives near me is also experiencing similar issues. 

We both live in Australia and have different ISPs.

The problems we're having can be defined as follows:

1.  Logging in.  One toon seems to log in fine, but when we go to log in a second or third we get the error message "Server Not Responding".  Those toons are then booted back to login.  If we persist we can get them all in one at a time but if we zone all will be booted back to login and we have to start the process again.

2.  Latency to the server.  I usually play with a 250 - 300 latency (and this is really playable - even boxing 6 or 7 toons).  Lately it seems to be closer to 400.  My friend's latency is usually lower than mine - and he's unable to log in with even one toon at the moment.

3.  If I'm in a zone with 3 toons I'll lag out on all 3.

4.  When I play with 2 toons the latency meter really seems to have waves of spiking (I've never seen it do that before).

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar that lives closer to the server?

Looking at our ping it is possible that it's the international link through the pacific or some sprint servers in the US that's causing this.  Too hard to know really without more data. 

Any thoughts?
Strix

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

All day off and on with no issues, I would go out on a limb and say you being overseas isn't helping much..

also if you are trying to log into an instance that isnt how do I say up and active sometimes it will take 2 to 4 shots to get the zone to boot up and allow you to get in game. If that makes sense
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:26:12 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:05 am »

Yesterday just loading into HoH instances was a pain, but i figuered it was the instances themselves. Then later that evening started doing AQ and got so frustrated had to stop in the middle of it because of zoneing problems involved with it, even after sendin a char to the zone to "wake it up" (that helped some) but useing the char mover every time we zoned got agrravating. So its not just you going throught it.

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:12:36 pm »

Good to know that it's not just me. Sky and HoH seemed to have more trouble than others; I pretty much gave up after losing a couple t3 mobs when my tank couldn't rezone.
pandalord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 04:35:37 pm »

Ive been having the same problem and I live in the States. it is pretty much impossible for me to box. I tried to zone about 10 times before giving up.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:51:22 pm »

I've had bad lag for the last week or so.  Thought it was because everyone on during double loot but then on Fri it was taking 20-30 seconds for things like the banker to open or NPC to respond (teleporter etc) and of course the usual combat/etc lag.

I think maybe the server's router need a reboot or something.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:29:51 am »

I think maybe the server's router need a reboot or something.

The lag seems to be a common issue for a lot of people both inside the US and out. 

/agree Walk2k - a router reboot might be a fix.

Not sure if this is related (but will put it out there) - we seem to be getting a lot of people logging on and spamming us with offensive nonsense.   Someone suggested today that these people really appear to be at war with the server and it got me wondering:  is it possible that someone is attempting to ping flood the server?  If not flood it - lag it so badly that it starts to affect playability?

Strix

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:07 pm »

This was the rumor and threat 4months ago Strix, only the server admins would know now. Osama is now attacking the internet from the grave....damn him to hell!!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 162