Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:37:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Anti Train Code  (Read 16924 times)
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 09:31:05 am »

I have to agree on this one it has been stated, posted everywhere pulling more than 10 mobs is a ban-able offense....I think Hunter is being more than reasonable~
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 01:12:48 pm »

Not sure if the issue is this code or something else....but any time I get myself and a guildie in T5, T6 or HoH we both get half our chars going out of sync, even with 6 boxes or less each. Getting to be a pain. Others in OOC have claimed to see the same issue.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 02:39:09 pm »

I agree, it's significantly more laggy for me than before the code was implemented... It isn't as bad as initially but it definitely is noticeable and quite likely is creating far more lag than it is reducing. At the very least, there are realistically only a handful of zones that this even  makes sense using it in and it should be restricted to those zones.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »

Just about unplayable in T6. Giving up on working this zone with anyone else.....not worth the time it takes to constantly restart clients.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 02:55:39 pm »

Just about unplayable in T6. Giving up on working this zone with anyone else.....not worth the time it takes to constantly restart clients.

I've been in T6 all day.  Not seeing any lag at all.   
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »

Wasnt getting it solo...nor was guildie. But if we were both in at the same time, desync all over for both of us. Others in ooc reporting same issue in PoS, HoH and T5.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »

ya if you have more then 1 player running especially if both are on hate list in zone its pretty bad can lag up to 45 sec sometimes :/
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »

ya if you have more then 1 player running especially if both are on hate list in zone its pretty bad can lag up to 45 sec sometimes :/

Make sure both players are filtering combat. You can actually lag each other from just being near each other. If I log in 18 characters and turn off my filters and do anguish with someone i could desync all of our characters just from attacking.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 10:35:25 pm »

Double Loot and Player Massive Trains are causes lag, not the anti train code that checks 1 variable number every 60 seconds.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2013, 12:59:16 am »

Seems the lag is worse in instances with other people than pre-train code on my end also.  Would rate it as unplayable
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2013, 01:14:35 am »

It was put in during double loot week and yes most double loot times have same complaint, about lag cause people are making biggest trains possible to maximize their gains.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2013, 01:17:44 am »

Double Loot and Player Massive Trains are causes lag, not the anti train code that checks 1 variable number every 60 seconds.

That's also true, except the fact that you entered my ToV instance and saw me pulling less than 7 mobs at a time and the zone lagging out because of it.  Are you actively logging anything while the anti train code waits the 60 seconds to check the variable?  Couple that with the suspect pathing of mobs in T8 wandering off and agroing another 6-10 mobs and you get a pretty good chance of desync.  This is with all clients filtering melee and spell damage out btw.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:44 am »

Hunter, I'd agree with you, but I tested with 2 players in T6, 8 characters, pulling 5 or 6 mobs at a time (not a train by anyone's definition) and 3 chars went out of sync....1 of mine, 2 of his. Not sure what the issue is, but its not huge trains, and it sure as hell wasnt large server pop (under 300 on when we tried).

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2013, 11:27:30 am »

Make sure both players are filtering combat. You can actually lag each other from just being near each other. If I log in 18 characters and turn off my filters and do anguish with someone i could desync all of our characters just from attacking.

i had 2 mobs on my hate list he had less then 8 i was in storms he was in 8 and it was baddddd.

I would agree with this in the past however i would say since you fixed oom the random full server/zone lag spikes have gone/ DL does add a lot of lag but thats expected with an influx of people
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2013, 12:06:04 pm »

Another thing to consider is how many updates I've been doing recently while the server is up and running. Just look at the front page of all the things we've updated in the last week. Server gets moody when I edit the database and quest.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64993
  • Total Topics: 5054