Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:31:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: MySEQ  (Read 9649 times)
Blubal

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:59:56 am »

Hi all..!  I was wondering if running MySeq was allowed on the EZ Server?  I assume it is, since it does the same thing as the map in MQ2 (shows the spawns on the map in realtime).   If it is allowed, does anyone have the "offsets" for it?   I have them for SoD and SoF I believe, but not for UF or RoF2.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:14:06 am »

Showeq does a hell of a lot more than just map. HIGHLY doubt admin will allow it....Hunter didnt.

If all you are after is mapping functions, use MQ2. Its easy, its allowed, its all set up in a free, easy to install and use package that not only helps map but helps easily run your entire box team. Dont really need ANY other program, especially after Windows 10.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 11:49:53 am »

speaking of which...has anyone installed Windows 10 and run it with EQ?  I tried to install windows 10 but had to roll back because my mouse was not supported and wouldn't work...and on that note is Windows 10 worth replacing Windows 7?  The only reason I can see doing it is because they will phase out updates/support for Windows 7 in the future....but I really like Windows 7.  Embarrassed

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:59 pm »

I had no troubles with win10 and EQ. I had a few problems with some other programs, but my entire EQ setup (ROF2, MQ2, EQBCS) worked just fine.

as far as "whether its worth upgrading", that's a really long topic Tongue You should almost certainly upgrade within a year, because it'll stop being free after a year. They implemented some really nice features, including new privacy / security features. But, there are some things that people still aren't satisfied with (eg, automated data collection that you can't turn off). Overall, I had very few complaints aside from "certain programs still don't work for some reason", which was enough of a complaint for me to roll back (for now).

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »

MySEQ is probably fine.. but better off using MQ2.. and if you need offsets you can get them from the mq2 source from mqemulator.net  and look in the file eqgame.h  .... not sure if it has all the offsets needed by MySEQ but Im sure it does.

Blubal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »

Showeq does a hell of a lot more than just map. HIGHLY doubt admin will allow it....Hunter didnt.

If all you are after is mapping functions, use MQ2. Its easy, its allowed, its all set up in a free, easy to install and use package that not only helps map but helps easily run your entire box team. Dont really need ANY other program, especially after Windows 10.

If you have never used MySeq then you don't know what you are missing compared to the crappy MQ2 map function.  As far as I know, it doesn't do anything that different than MQ2.   You can set up filters to flag you when a mob spawns (MQ2 does this too).   It's nice because you can have a full screen color map showing on a laptop on a 2nd screen.  It doesnt get all bogged down, and it's a huge and really nice map compared to the EQ in-game map.  But thanks for the response!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 10:05:19 pm »

ok, one is saying it is JUST a map....the other is saying it does a hell of a lot more than just a map....so what all does it do?  I am kinda leaning on the only map and stick functions (that is what the server rules state).....enquiring minds want to know!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Blubal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 10:19:42 pm »

MQ2 imbeds itself into the Everquest memoryspace or executable if you will.   It has 10x more offsets than Myseq uses. MQ2 knows everything there is to know about the client and information in memory.  Not only does MQ2 know all these things, but it can change them.  It can run macros and bots.  It can warp you around the map.  MQ2 can do everything that can be done with the client.   MQ2 is infinitely "does a hell of a lot more" than MySEQ.   All MySEQ does is display a better map than the MQ2 in-game map.  A really, really much better map.  Myseq doesn't change Everquest's memory or it's executable.  It only observes its memory for information on all the spawns (including players).   I admit the in-game MQ2 map is better than nothing, but only just.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 07:57:59 am »

I don't remember exactly (been years and years), but doesn't show eq identify and display the loot on each mob currently in the zone?  If that were the case, it would be a definite no go here.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 09:11:10 am »

oh many so i could reset vulak until he has no green scales on him? tell me moar  Shocked
dozey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 11:50:11 am »

MySeq can show loot on mobs, or could when it was on live.  I never bothered using it, but had buddies on live that would just zone into various lower level raids looking for worthwhile gear to sell that they could solo or get a group to take out.

In particular I doubt management will be particularly open to people being able to do this, though they may take the MQ2 stance and just take action against things that aren't allowed  using it.  I'm not sure.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »

loot on mobs is not sent to the client so MySEQ would not be able to see that.

Pretty sure AGES ago it DID show on MySEQ, but SOE changed how that is works.

MySEQ is harmless though.. so people going nuts over it.. are crazy!

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 05:22:03 pm »

if you can't see loot, I can't see the issue with it.  if people want a map that has ponies and rainbows on it, let them in my opinion.

dozey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »

Pretty sure AGES ago it DID show on MySEQ, but SOE changed how that is works.

That would explain it then, as I only played on live ages ago.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

Does it show who is gay in game? Does it show if those identified are willing to trade sex acts for game items? Does it show hidden farm animals in game? Does it identify which farm animals found are willing to back up?

If it does none of the above I will just stick with MQ2.......sometime in the distant future when I play again.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211