Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:44:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UCv3 Tier 9 Edition  (Read 11984 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:06 pm »

Not sure how much further this line of charms is going, but if one day we're going to see a UCv4 quest is it possible to make another route to attain UCv3 from Tier 9 (not easier, could be harder and twice as long for all I care) Currently, I'm getting about 50 essences per UC3 I do, which has been fine. Almost done with my second Ult Weapon in the zone, and I'm currently working on UCv3 #5 . I'd like to do more in tier 9, but farming UCv3's for at least my paladins and NS classes seems to be the best way to prep for what comes next. Like I said, even if it takes longer and is more of a pain, I'd rather be able to bounce around and farm different things and change the scenery around a bit.

The way I look at it is similar to the Leaf of Loping Plains being transitioned into Tier 8 and 9 and renamed into Leaf of Vitality. It's a powerful augment that people still need and loot in Tier 9 to this day, but whoever made that change realised people would be farming them for a longggg time, and even after farming tier 7 for months and months players still wouldn't have full 'rank X' leaves on their characters.

Couple things I've been brainstorming on the idea.

Idea #1: New drops + Quest
"Undead Essence" super rare drop from skeletons / ghouls
"Animal Essence" super rare drop from spiders / beetles / wolves / bears / cats / fishies
"Obliteration Essence"super rare drop from Obliteration / Orc / Dervish
"Elite Essence" guarentee'd drop from Black Priest / Hill Giant / Zerka

Quest in the similar fashion as Tier 8: 100 of each turned in for UCv3 to some Collector NPC

Idea #2: Using drops already in the zone:
50 of every rare crafting mat in the zone to a Collector NPC
High Quality Metal
High Quality Animal Skin
Strong Spider Silk
Shadow Blood
Fire Beetle Carapace
Glowing Lightstone
Cursed Bone Chip
Snake Skin

Both of these routes would take longer than the current UCv3 Quest I do believe, but Option #2 would only require a Collector NPC with a quest to be added.

The thought of doing Tier 8 500 more times is disgusting with nothing else to farm to fill the gap to tier 10 Tongue
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »

sounds like a good idea
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:12 am »

UCv4 can wait ...

UCv1 = T3-T4
UCv2 = T6
UCv3 = T8
UCv4 = T10 or later

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:52:15 am »

I don't like the idea of having to 2 another grind for a UC4 in a zone directly behind a zone being used for UC3. I would  hope that if the idea of going for a UC4 is implemented it will have a zone or TWO between them.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 07:08:24 am »

I think what he's saying, Keeze, is to make another way to farm UC3. Not an easier way....in fact what he's proposed would be more challenging, and would probably take longer! But it'd be a way to alleviate boredom. I can agree with that. I'd KILL to find an alternative to spending so much time in T6 for UC2....and from what I've seen and heard UC3 is far, far longer.

Getting UC2 isnt hard, its just long, drawn out and annoying. Having a different zone to utilize for working UC2 would break up the monotony some. I'd welcome an NPC that'd let us hand in T7 armor patterns for T6 augs!! Even if it were 2 or 3 different drops from T7 to exchange for the aug. Making an alternative to constantly clearing T8 would give players a break from the mind numbing....sameness.

Again, not easier. Different. Even if its just adding alternative ways to get the items needed next tier up, as Kruc suggested.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:10:40 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42:28 am »

I don't like the idea of having to 2 another grind for a UC4 in a zone directly behind a zone being used for UC3. I would  hope that if the idea of going for a UC4 is implemented it will have a zone or TWO between them.

UCv4 can wait ...

UCv1 = T3-T4
UCv2 = T6
UCv3 = T8
UCv4 = T10 or later

Not sure how this is confusing people. The title is UCv3 Tier 9, the first paragraph states ALTERNATIVE UCv3 route idea. It's a suggestion for an additional farm path to UCv3.

It doesn't have to be accepted, it was just an idea I had to try and migrate people into Tier 9 that are just farming Tier 8 again (and will be for months)

We were comparing it to UCv2 when we talked about it in guild the other day. Sadly, they don't really add up to being anything close to one another. UCv2 being 10 clears of the best farm zone (best AA, good plat) and can be completed in a few hours. UCv3 being 40+ clears of a zone with about a quarter of the AA and half the plat compared to Anguish.

My idea was just something to hopefully migrate people to Tier 9, because it seemes everyone just does T9 for a few days, finishes gear, and we're all back in Tier 8. Some of us would love to just explore Tier 9 some more  Tongue
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:42 am »

My hope was to try and alleviate some of this ^

I guess it's my fault for having too many characters. It's not something I'm super worked up over. If this doesn't get the OK, we'll just keep farming Tier 8. I imagined other people may have wanted the same thing, was just curious to see the response.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:16:13 am by Kruciel » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:47 am »

Sorry I need to read better before posting. I agree an alternative zone for uc3 farming would be great. I don't like how much money I make in t6 compared to t7 t8 and t9. I don't look forward to grinding out 12 uc3 in t8.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:34 am »

We were comparing it to UCv2 when we talked about it in guild the other day. Sadly, they don't really add up to being anything close to one another. UCv2 being 10 clears of the best farm zone (best AA, good plat) and can be completed in a few hours. UCv3 being 40+ clears of a zone with about a quarter of the AA and half the plat compared to Anguish.

My idea was just something to hopefully migrate people to Tier 9, because it seemes everyone just does T9 for a few days, finishes gear, and we're all back in Tier 8. Some of us would love to just explore Tier 9 some more  Tongue

Red: Look at the UCv1 before it. 25 of each charm from LDON/TOFS and then 25 of each charm v2 in HoH/TOFS. It can be done in the course of a day given ungodly hard farming (like 13+ hours of extreme grinding using a higher level character). The UCv2 takes a few hours. The UCv3 is a few days at minimum. I wasn't fond of Hunter adding a new "Ultimate" charm every 2 tiers as that's not ultimate, it's just mandatory. Right now, I would like to believe that the UCv3 is painfully slow enough to make up for the (boring) cakewalk that UCv2 is currently. Yes I know T6 is stupid high cash for some reason (I've yet to dig in or look closely...or care), but that's just part of it. Due to the sheer size and "completion" time of what is being planned for T10, I WILL be adding a fourth rank in there. It won't quite be "run this zone 800 times", but it definitely won't be as mechanically ensured (but hopefully more fun).

While an alternative might be helpful to those pursuing it, I'm not interested in adding such a thing. The first UC was obtained by painfully boring farming (LDON for charms and/or credits originally). I would mention that often in T8 clears, I see people ignore the areas without bosses. I may add a guaranteed random scale chance to the named, but mostly lootless drakes in the zone. That would add some incentive to clear through the zone.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

On the Horizon:

Scaling Mini-Dungeons
    Arena-Styled PVE Battles

Maybe these could serve to break up the monotony of ucv3/v2 farming a little bit or help reduce amount of time required to backfarm for chars.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:58:01 am »

I think that UCv3 (to keep with the previous grind of the UC quest) needs to stay as is...I don't want to see people jumping from t8 to t9 without having to go through the same grind I did.  too many titty babies as it is ...this is just my 2cp.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:06:20 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 12:14:53 pm »

And that's the problem. I walked to school 3 miles in the snow up hill, bullshit argument.

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

I don't want to see people jumping from t8 to t9 without having to go through the same grind I did.

This part I would understand if it made any sense whatsoever. Are you under the assumption people are staying in tier 8 until all toons are done with UCv3? Because its not mandatory by any means, neither was UCv2 in moving to t7. I'd assume everyone completed them on at least their tank before going further and this wouldn't change that at all.

As for your titty baby reference, lol again the context doesn't fit. The 2 alternative options listed are longer and more of a grind. Thus why the term alternative was used and not "free ucv3 option omg this quest is so hard."

Bottom line, it is fine like I said. Not something im super concerned about. If it takes time so be it. I just wanted to see what the community would respond with on the idea.

Case closed ~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 8678