Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:34:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Forage Idea  (Read 3658 times)
Ditri

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

I'm not sure how forage works on the high end... but ill throw this idea out there cause I imagine it's not really used at all.

But how about in later tiers you can forage good food/water that would replace the caster/fight guild food. Obviously it would be unwise to render the CG/FG rations worthless, but that stuff is low tier.

So, maybe starting around T4 you can forage better food or drink in respective tiers. You could even make each tier have progressively better stuff.

It would be best to make it tradeable since most people cannot forage.

I think its just a nice idea to take advantage of game mechanics that are mostly in place already.

Thanks.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »

Ditri,

As someone who has gone through the game, I can tell you that we come here to pull like champs, own shit, and grind out what we need. Foraging does not sound fun at all to me. There is a skinning knife in TOFS you can farm and it will give your toon (usually your tank) a nice 7500 hp food buff.

I can also say that those AA suggestions are cool, and by all means, keep posting, but the server is balanced out pretty well and AA's are not really a consideration for abilities.. just to grind for your ring and ear. Once your past 72 you will start to see what we mean.. when your pally is crit healing for 3 mil+ your toons are doing 1 mil dps+ you wont be worrying about that aa.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:16:27 pm »

^ +100

Ditri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:21:48 pm »

Thanks for giving your feedback.

My gut reaction is that you're definitely right...

If I didn't know any better maybe my suggestions are too cumbersome on staff. But I don't know... I see it as there are so many interesting features already in the game that are obsolete, and maybe it is just a quick fix to make them click-worthy. That's what I'm trying to offer up.

Sometimes I major in minors...
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:22 pm »

I doubt none of them will be implemented anytime soon. Keep in mind that we only have 2 developers on this server which have full time jobs. We have Akkadius but he works the foundation code and has multiple projects. You seem to have a good eye for detail. I would focus on getting your toons up to end game where your attention to detail would be of great use in areas such as new content development and testing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64989
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 243