Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:50:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update  (Read 130896 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:12 am »

Let me be clear on this.

I don't want to hear reports if you are not facing the NPC you are trying to hit.

If you are certain you are facing the NPC and you cannot hit them, that is what we need to know.

Also need to know if what you are reporting says 'You cannot see your target'

What I also need to know is if you are using MQ2.

I tried for several hours reproducing this and I am not seeing it. I see issues when my front is not facing the NPC which makes total sense.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:45:20 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2014, 02:01:24 am »

100% of the server uses MQ2 -
I am facing the mobs 100% -
I am getting you cannot see the target
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:00 am »

Just for fun i went into qvic tonight with levitate on and experienced absolutely no issues with 'cannot see target' or anything, justs the usual AE splatter-a-thon we all know and love.

So its not all zones. HOH and TOFS are the big two. Its hard for me to test abyss since i was waiting till dbl loot weekend to finish off the druid's t3/t4... and without Drake III i'm obviously not going to do much AEing in Abyss Wink

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:40 am »

Here's what I saw today in HoH and ToFS:

With or without MQ2 didnt matter. Results were the same either way. Without lev....no issues. Pull what I want, back up a smidge and no cannot see target message. With lev....oy. Was worst for me in HoH or 2nd and 4th floor of ToFS. Mobs either stayed in the walls in ToFS (FAR more than they used to), or in HoH and ToFS both tried crawling up my ass like a box character with /stick and no distance mod. Either way nothing I did seemed to get the mob movement issue resolved....though moving around a TON eventually got some of the mobs out of the wall. Also some mobs appeared to be out of the wall in ToFS but were not.....and wouldnt move out. I had to 4 times just pop a pet and let them kill the damned thing pure melee and IA3 on the pet.

Anyway, thats all I have found so far that resembles what people are seeing here. Not seeing the issue in zones after Discord.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014, 11:08:07 am »

100% of the server uses MQ2 -
I am facing the mobs 100% -
I am getting you cannot see the target

Being a smart ass is not helping at all. Don't post if you're going to post garbage please.

This is a problem I am trying to resolve for everyone and all I'm asking for is specifics and commonalities so we can reproduce and adjust.

For those that have been willingly trying to give information to help I truly appreciate it. We've had a few different EQEmu developers looking at the issue. They just need to be able to reproduce themselves and they've had no luck, most of which are PEQ folk.

Once again I've not been able to reproduce it after beating on mobs for 2 hours straight given levitate, Abyss, HOH etc. This is one of the few outstanding issues that are simply more annoying than anything.

EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2014, 11:18:43 am »

Over the weekend, I tested the things I posted in thread. One of which being train limit supposedly not working in private instances (which was untrue). I pulled ~4 wings plus the scrubs between each wing and backed myself into a corner. I killed about 1/4 of the train before I got murdered (graphical lag from being stupid enough to look up from my feet).

So...yeah, there is my brief test sample.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:19 am »

- using UF client, WinEQ, mq2, and eqbc, Optimization Guide applied.
Happened on main window, while 5 other low-specs toons were sucking xp at zone-in.

- there may have been some facing issues considering the repetition of pulls, but some pulls were very weird.
I have no idea of the game mechanics to be of better help, and english is not my birth language, so it's not easy to describe the episode, sorry.

- the renaming issue :
A toon's name is reported at several places in its toon-window : char info mini-window (w/ hp, mana, endurance), above the head of the char, in the inventory window.
After the weirdest pull, my char "Duluum daScar" was renamed "Rylos000 daScar", then "Waypoint000 daScar" after repop, in the char info mini-window and above it's head.
The name was still Duluum in the inventory window
Other toons still seeing Duluum in every name spot.

- repop :
i'm not sure what you want to know, my experience with freeWP is :
. /say repop instance
. wait a bit for mob clear and full respawn (that's what i see with map open)
. kill the one that aggroed me from the other side of the map (if i forgot to move to a safe spot before launching repop, in HoH an PoStorms at least, not really tested yet)
. go kill.
I must have expected a full repop, and a sort of reset of the instance ... maybe wrongly.
That time, after a long smoking break (sometimes repop is longer in postorms than in other zones), the repop was incomplete (85% of the mobs, no Emmissaries, don't remember for other npcs).
Same for other toons.

Anyhow, no problemo, seems i've had just an odd episode in postorms, maybe client side, maybe graphical lag ... again : not easy to describe better.

BTW : farmed HoH hard recently, without any issues.

Cool having you guys, gameplay offer is really nice ... and sorry for funky sentences Smiley
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:45:54 am by Duluum » Logged

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2014, 12:31:58 pm »

Being a smart ass is not helping at all. Don't post if you're going to post garbage please.

This is a problem I am trying to resolve for everyone and all I'm asking for is specifics and commonalities so we can reproduce and adjust.

For those that have been willingly trying to give information to help I truly appreciate it. We've had a few different EQEmu developers looking at the issue. They just need to be able to reproduce themselves and they've had no luck, most of which are PEQ folk.

Once again I've not been able to reproduce it after beating on mobs for 2 hours straight given levitate, Abyss, HOH etc. This is one of the few outstanding issues that are simply more annoying than anything.

Wasn't being a smartass bud, was being rushed and tried to squash the asked questions down faster. Maybe the MQ thing was smartass ish but rest was answering you. Mind you, it's not happening as much if I keep positioning mobs every couple seconds but I still get it.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2014, 12:44:26 pm »

Wasn't being a smartass bud, was being rushed and tried to squash the asked questions down faster. Maybe the MQ thing was smartass ish but rest was answering you. Mind you, it's not happening as much if I keep positioning mobs every couple seconds but I still get it.

Thanks for the info, every bit helps.

EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2014, 12:50:53 pm »

Also I did notice something at least in my experience in HOH, I have to pull them onto flat ground, outside of the sectors and not over the ledges by the bushes - i.e pulling to the entrance seems to help reduce the problem.
yiliumn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:58 pm »

I'm killing "a sand scarab" in SRO right now, Auto attack is on, NO "your target is too far..." messages, and I am not actually attacking him.  Cant attack him on a hill, cant attack him on flat ground.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:35 pm »

I don't know if this matters but some people may recall a bit of time ago after a source update we had a "similar" problem. Where i noticed it was in the abyss. you couldn't hit mobs and they were jumping as they tracked to you. only place you could hit them was on FLAT ground and that was after you pulled them to you and repositioned them. Hunter said it had to do with Z axis and it needed to be Broadened.

Now, i have NOT played recently, work hasp prevented this but all this looks very familiar, at least to me. Hunter at the time said he made a adjustment and after reboot the problem was gone. Some know that instead of trying to change source code Hunter would make small fixes that band aided in a sense some things. is this one of those things? i will try and find the message thread concerning this time frame and maybe it will show a little light on this. Or, this is completely irreverent from this actual issue, just seams to me that a lot of the symptoms are similar.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2014, 07:16:56 pm »

Might be on to something Nex.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »

Well, went through all of the updates thru jan of 2013 and could not find anything where hunter posted a fix. got a headache now and heading to bed. will try and pour thru general discussions tomorrow and look there.

I remember this problem was more prevalent in certain zones. abyss, POA, paulren caverns, on the boats in dulok (but shore line was fine) HOH around ramps/stairs to dif floors. anyone else remember this? What i remember in particular was pulling in abyss, mobs would almost hop. looked like they were bouncing. like they were trying to Drop into the world some (like there Z axis was lower then mine) and you just couldn't hit them. if you ran away far and pulled a train they all were like this. but if you stopped let them catch up and go forward n back some they would then be hittable.

As i said this may be a totally different issue but i remember that this issue happened after a source update and hunter did something to fix it vs a change to the source code itself. Ill see what i can find tomorrow and maybe find some time to log in and see if its like what i experienced before.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »

^^^

Hopefully that helps because it makes sense.  One mob in particular in HOH that just causes me pain to no end as far as a tiny hitbox when trying to position mobs is the Nightmare trash adds in Underworld. Died up there a couple of times, which is particularly painful since it actually takes a while for me to die in HOH and the amount of rage you can build up running in circles for a minute trying to get your toons to attack something builds up exponentially lol.

On a lighter note: all progression zones drop plat bags except Cazic Thule. Obviously its the zone that people spend the least amount of time in while progressing, so that may or may not be intentional.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww