Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:49:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 185961 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2016, 12:53:00 pm »

You're right, it WAS made for a select few...the few that have the exact same access to the exact same resources as the many.  It was made for the few were ready to advance to the next tier, and I don't know of anyone who sits and leaches in the zone...albeit I haven't actively been there for months but that's more of a reflection of my summer schedule than it is anything game-related.  But when I've been in the zone and someone else shows up, we almost always team up to do stuff in a raid, whether I'm hitting plagueborn mobs and they are working on orcs or we're both doing the same camp.  The zone is harsh, sure, and the reward really isn't there for the risk once you've gotten your armor done, but I like going into T10 just because it's not the same snoozefest as everything I am overgeared for.

tl;dr If you aren't able to do T10, you aren't ready for T10...you can do what people who can do T10 have done, gear up to a point that you can do it

Maybe a better idea would be starting a new T10 thread and have people offer up real feedback and maybe offer realistic ideas to tune it to be more tolerable.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »

Scaled down in SIZE, not difficulty. Sorry if I was unclear. And no one had to "mooch". Plenty of people walked in with no help and did fine....and more than a few did it before it was hit with the 4 nerfs I can remember.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2016, 01:58:39 pm »

The largest issue is the inability to achieve epics at this time, which in turn means you can't level, which in turn means you can't make UWXII. The main reason for that, as I mentioned earlier, is the extreme amount of plagueborns it takes (with a minor issue of needed wep drops and their current drop rate). I could be wrong, but I feel it was set at an arbitrarily high number without feedback during testing. The scope of the zone is so large and complex that a lot of attention was needed elsewhere and it was never tuned after a few months.

The herculean effort it took Brunaa to get to 79 and epic 10.0 in 10 months is crazy, and I believe he/she is the only one almost one year since the zone opened. That effort was helped by plagueborn spawning and the zone not sleeping when empty. In it's current state even semi-hardcore players will take YEARS to reach epic 10.0 with a typical T10 player with 18 toons.

I offered a few either/or suggestions earlier, but here are some more detailed versions:

Lower the kill count needed. Done.

If the plagueborn spawn mechanic was changed to random like the mission, at a rate of 1/10, you should reach 1000 kills in approximately 2 factions worth starting from scratch to ally. It takes between 5000 and 6000 kills to finish a faction through the quests: 250, 500 and 750 X 5 or 6 (forget the amount of 750's to ally). So 5000/10 = 500 plagueborns. At 1/20 you'd have 250 plagueborns per ally faction set. So, if you do orcs, gnolls and sarnaks you should finish the plagueborn count around the time you're finishing armor or shortly thereafter. Math is not my strong suit so if that doesn't look right please say.

Increase current spawn rate: Meh

Allow 18-24 in the mission: Less Meh, but still meh

As far as the named are concerned, IF the mini's do anything it's either broken or takes so many as to not be worth bothering. I know there is a second orc boss, but haven't seen him since testing. The basilisk boss has never been seen. I'd imagine there is a second sarnak boss besides BoB, but again, never seen it. Darkpaw Rellognub hasn't spawned in a good while either, unless someone who's played there recently can refute that.

Let's keep it constructive, please. A ton of work went into this zone and it's scope is huge. As mentioned earlier, it simply needs tuning.

Denzig <STONE>
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »

How is this zone the opposite?
Everything up to T10 can be managed with a single group, and all the quests not related to leveling requirements are optional. T10 requires a raid and those quests(rings, earrings, shields and uw's) are no longer optional.

The zone was created for anyone who got past T9.
Past T9 and more. Someone with just T9 gear and a single group wouldn't even be able to pass the dps requirements to take down a trash mob much less progress in T10.

I don't blame Akka for this, its simply how Hate had set it. More than a few players who attended the betas expressed concerns on this very point, but his goal was for players who had spent years waiting for a new tier to still be challenged.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »

Everything up to T10 can be managed with a single group, and all the quests not related to leveling requirements are optional. T10 requires a raid and those quests(rings, earrings, shields and uw's) are no longer optional.

T10 can be done with a single group, the mobs don't regen so it's not like you couldn't beat them down...it'd just take longer.  I don't really know people that limit their force to a single group other than Woodee, and even though he's not active atm, he can do T10 just fine with a single group.  It's also constantly emphasized to people who are progressing to utilize at least 2 and I think 3 groups is what people push as optimal.  I did all of T10 minus the other 700 plagueborn kills I need for epic with a 2 group setup.  I will agree that ROA, shield and UW on the main tank aren't optional in T10, but if alts are around 500 ROA they survive decently and if you have the mass rez item you can just rez in your gimps as they die to rampages or use range tactics to keep them from splatting.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2016, 03:54:57 pm »

I did up and thru T6 with 4 toons.

to be clear, it's possible to play EZ with 1 toon up thru about Qvic, and then you'll probably want 2-3, war/pal/dps..

it wasn't until T7 and some of the mobs have stupid strong lifetaps, that I wanted more firepower. the wiki says you need 12+ toons with bane weapons to beat the Floating Skull (7.0 boss) I did it with 8, but my group is not "optimized".. you could probably do it with 5 strong melee toons (war/pal/rog/monk/zerk)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:57:29 pm by walk2k » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »

More than a few players who attended the betas expressed concerns on this very point, but his goal was for players who had spent years waiting for a new tier to still be challenged.

I remember the beta testing of T10....I also remember the people expressing concerns...the difficulty of the zone is not a problem....I applaud how hard the mobs hit (hate the traps though as i think that is a sorry way to introduce difficulty) the only issue with T10 currently is the poor zone mechanics...and on a personal level the PB kill #'s....oh yeah and traps (to a lesser degree).

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2016, 05:18:50 pm »

I will agree that ROA, shield and UW on the main tank aren't optional in T10, but if alts are around 500 ROA they survive decently and if you have the mass rez item you can just rez in your gimps as they die to rampages or use range tactics to keep them from splatting.

I have found that if you have IG pet and all toons max SoA through T9...they wont splat on AoE rampage.....high RoA's help but other than Ray all other toons are between RoA 500 and 750. I don't think I would waste my time w/o IG pet at bare minimum on alts though or you will be rezzing toons all day long....and that gets old FAST!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2016, 07:31:45 pm »

People in t10 need to learn how to play nice again.... i have people pulling through my camp....running past me to snag a plaugborn (looking at you porkpie or whatever mage group) and just general jackassery because who gives a shit right? you dont need teamwork...

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2016, 07:40:39 pm »

I would suggest makeing the named mobs spawn in random location....right now everyone wants to camp the orc camp...if you dont you get no armor....I have some toons right now that are lackign tokens for 5 peices.....because the cheap ass orc only gives out 1 or 2 tokens a kill.....so.....if EVERYONE in the zone needs thundernuttst then its going to be a mess....just fyi

Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2016, 12:22:28 am »

if you groupe (make a raid) with the others which are in T10 you all will get the upgrades for the plagues and even thunder will drope more then just 1 token. At the beginning from t10 we all made raids together so we could split 1 where killing orcs the others sarnaks or gnolls and only came together when a boss spawned for the tokens. So we all got our upgrades on faction and armor tokens.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2016, 10:01:52 am »

you only get token in the order of your raid....so the first group gets tokens until they are all full...this is not fair to the other people in the raid...

Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2016, 10:39:17 am »

we swaped the raidleader after each boss:p
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2016, 08:53:38 pm »

OK!

prepare your brain... I have thoughts to share....

t10.....holy shit....t10....

I have some ideas....

When you first zone into t10 you hail the gnomly and he has you pick one of 3 factions.... you chose what factions you want for armor and hail and set them for each toon....

pretty much everything after that I would change...

Faction quest..

holy fing shit why do we have to Hail and reset the faction quest after each set of 750? cant we just gain faction and as it progresses we get access to more armor? I can't fully tell you how annoying it is to have to stop slaying and go reset yer damn quest ... just let us kill....and base it off our faction and not some crappy little quest that gives us GLS? like really? fill my alts up with gls ....so handy....how about 1 sls....for 750 kills ? that probably wont dirupt the economy on the server? or nothing...no quest....just faction like t9....that seems like ok to me...

So no more little faction quests... we can just kill....sweet....all day...for weeks....and weeks...you know what...thats fine!...great!

100 weapon fragments quest.... this kind of sucks...but its totally doable.....takes up bag space like mad but whatever...going to take years to get all thetoons done...but whatever...right?  I would like to see like..raid wide credit for turning these in.....so we dont have to farm 1200 freaking rare drop weapons...thats TOO much grind...IMHO....way to much....just finish on my main guy and like...everyone is armored up mostly now...this will take YEARS to finish on all my toons...years.......YEARS... 

Its no good...

Plaugeborn...holy fucking shit....this is probably where I should have started...1000 is stupid ....100 is good....make it 100 please.... thank you! I swear the 1000 must have been a typo... full armor on tanks and i have exactly 50 done....like....wtf...again....this will take years for hardcore players..... 1 year for insane players....not fun.....not...fun...100 is alot....100 is better...

Kidney quest.... holy shit...I dont know what i get for this but its going to take like...um...years...I am like 1/30 and ...yea....this one might be ok actually since i dont know the end result and if its not going to stop progression I am down with a rare quest...prolly a faction quest and i will slit my wrists at the end...

stolen goods... this one is fine....nothing to say...

vampire crap... yea seem to be fine...one again going to take years to finish for all my toons....and I don't see myself actually just trying to farm these in this zone....its boring to me...

qeynos and freeport exiles....ok..rare as shit damn shit..but whatever.....i did one on my main...did not seem to do anything...no reward....not awesome....some faction BS? I dunno..   I ran around hailing everyone and they all did not seem to give shit...maybe that will change when i get the other one done? fark i dunno i still need 2 more...someday maybe...

The zone in huge and has traps...traps can be bad...or good....depending if you live or die... buy hey....that's already been talked about.. so... Please consider moving the boss spawns...from one fixed extremely campable location....so that...people...can....like....you know..share...cause we suck at that....and its bad....if I need orc armor....and soemone else is in the zone....odds are I am fuxored.....and the wave of players has not arrived....yet....or I missed...it....not really sure..took a break....now I am once again solo in t10 most of the day....soo...no wave?...wave is over......not sure...Could killing the placeholder/trigger actually make the mob like....spawn...like...right on you.....so that I can farm orcs at camp 2 or...3......5.....whatever....and still get a fair shot at thunderpants?  might be fun...lets try it.

I have to go to the store now....I may have more to share....not sure....feedback?

Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2016, 04:06:05 am »

Just let me say that I did all the "shit" with in 10 month with 15 toons ( you dont need more toons for it) so its up to you if you run more then that makes only more work.
I would agree with the kidney quest becaus if you finish that you get a bag with only 10 slots (Hate told it should be 30 slots).
I agree with the the weapon, vampire and and exile quest because you get nothing for it so just forget those quests.
The Plague quest just half it or make it to 600 a 1000 is stupid.
All other things seems ok to me, because if you put all only on killing Mobs you will be done in 3 month time and after that what will you do then?
I dont think that Akka has the time to do one tier after the other just for players which hate a bit work.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190