Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:59:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88190 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

I think having an alternate T10 for INSTANCING, would be cool....maybe use a different zone or something would be cool. Allow the current version to stand (if you wish) for those few crazy guys who enjoy open raids.....or alllow guild instancing of the same zone (one guild instance per guild) so that fellow guildies could group up in a raid? The one thing i didnt like about T10 (other than traps and broken mechanics) was the way it was 100% different than the prior server culture for instancing and being self sufficient. As I don't play well with others.... Tongue

I undertsnad that the current T10 is VERY heavy on server resources....don't know what all could be done to cut down on that.  Heard mention of reducing mob movement or overall # of mobs in the zone. Keep the difficulty where it is though!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:36:57 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »

go OLD SCHOOL and use Kithicor (FUN flashbacks to Halloween 1999)

Ummmm no plz, thx....I use to HATE running that wall around kithcor at night time...undead.......the sound effects (back when I use to play with sound) use to scare the crap out of me back then (and i was in my twenties back then) lol

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 08:23:16 am »

I undertsnad that the current T10 is VERY heavy on server resources....don't know what all could be done to cut down on that.  Heard mention of reducing mob movement or overall # of mobs in the zone. Keep the difficulty where it is though!

Would splitting T10 up help any? Maybe 3 separate zones?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 09:58:08 am »

Get into these thoughts and express what excites you about playing

Have always loved the game and this server allowed us folks to play in a completely self sufficient manner without having to rely on anyone else ever, unless we wanted to.   I was here before instancing and some zones really sucked but instancing was and is truly the bomb!

If a new tier were to be built, what would you want it to look like? What style of content? Would you want it to be T5 style, or even mimic the content structure of live's mission grinding for credits, doing dungeon crawls. What did you like about previous tiers?

Liked everything up until t10 which doesn't fall in the line of the servers tier progression style.  Dungeon crawls are awesome if we can have wider doors so everyone on follow doesn't get stuck. Smiley   It would be cool to have a typical tier progression but toss in some non progression super tough fights so the 'we have everything maxed gear folks' also have fun while giving others something to work towards.

What are things that are absolutely dreadfully annoying about existing content that is beyond reason (not talking about grinds, but feature creep)

Water fights, super narrow doors/entry ways, no instancing in t10, sudden forced grouping with others, people suddenly needing maxed non tier progression items in order to minimally survive the next tier when those items should take a super long to achieve outside of tier progression,   crazy scripted events to the point of 'its just too much'.  Have some but the more there are, the more problems that are encountered.  When they supposedly get fixed, it broke others.

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

Not sure about this one.  If t10 can be tuned/scaled/instanced accordingly then it would fine.  If it's so messed up from spaghetti code then something needs to happen with something different.  It's a dead progression zone.   Scripted events are interesting except when they never work.  Heck, there are still things that can barely get spawned in t9 due to messed up scripts.

We started to play on this server long ago after playing on live for way to long.  This server gave us a way to play difficult content without the need of ever having to wonder if someone else will be on to group with.  Completely self sufficient raiding, looting and spreadsheet RPG fun in MMO style.  Play when and where we wanted.  instancing was the very best thing that ever happened to the server hands down.   

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 11:12:12 am »

Liked everything up until t10 which doesn't fall in the line of the servers tier progression style.

^  This!

T10 was all about pounding square pegs into round holes. 

Some dealt with it and moved on.  Some, like me, stopped logging in to avoid the (originally) horrible lag, desync and broken quest/spawn code.

I get that the code is better, the desync and lag issues are resolved for the most part, but what isn't fixed is the :
  1. Instancing of the zone... and probably never will be from what I read here.
  2. "Requiring" an IG pet/SOA on every toon to avoid ramp damage.
  3. "Requiring" a tier equal UW and near max ROA on the tank.

I normally only play consistently during the Winter months.  So, rather than complain, I will do Halloween and IG my casters and give it another shot.  Just please... lower that trash ramp damage in T10.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »

I currently play on Stormhave (boo if you want).

I realllly enjoy how the raiding is done there. Mechanics, separate zones, Quest lines (Separate zones)

I stopped here because of T10 - Leveling up alts with RoA (fine) but SoA was ridiculous and didn't guarantee AOE Rampage. I still point to the date Hunter removed it, and did so for a reason.

If T10 was broken into different Zones, it might entice me but that AOE rampage is for the super elite that have no kids with soccer practice year round.

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 05:09:26 pm »

I currently play on Stormhave (boo if you want).

I realllly enjoy how the raiding is done there. Mechanics, separate zones, Quest lines (Separate zones)

I stopped here because of T10 - Leveling up alts with RoA (fine) but SoA was ridiculous and didn't guarantee AOE Rampage. I still point to the date Hunter removed it, and did so for a reason.

If T10 was broken into different Zones, it might entice me but that AOE rampage is for the super elite that have no kids with soccer practice year round.

You are an idiot. "AOE rampage is for the super elite that have no kids with soccer practice year round" I have 3 kids a wife and a full time job...I still completed T10....just chalk it up to you not using all the spells or abilities on your toons. Saying that people with no-life are the only ones who can handle it is an ignorant ass statement.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 06:01:00 pm »

Coming from you that means nothing. I know how to play my toons and played them well.

So I will just "Chalk" up your comment to you being you... an ass. Chow.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 07:46:10 pm »

Puppy or Raymond?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 10:48:40 am »

T10 complete rework.  Fall it in line with previous tiers as many have stated.  No AoE Rampage, Instanced! etc.  If resources need to be cut to achieve that goal, by all means, cut some stuff out.  SoT rework.

Some sort of expedition related new content sounds really fun.  Some of the work you have showed us, that you worked on could really open up stuff we have never done here before!

Thank you for being open to suggestions!
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 01:23:39 pm »

If t10 is to be reworked it should have the number of NPC's reduced so the load on the zone is not so extreme... leave the mobs alone as far as how hard they hit and the other effects in the zone.

Please dont reduce t10 to another zone pull and farm level we have plenty of those

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

Removing the rampage effects should put it more in line with tier progression but keep the difficulty up. If constant rezzing is what you need to consider it a challenge then I can't really help you.

Fun content is always a plus. Holidays like the goblins on christmas made a nice change but don't give out game breaking prizes. If you have to add a rare drop from bosses a lower level ring of the ages or shield of the ages to help people gearing up wouldn't unbalance things too badly, and if they are goblin items instead of the normal ones it would prevent them from just abusing it to gear.

A slight increase in T5 spawn rate wouldn't hurt, at least for the spawned trigger bosses.

Some way to even out the RNG for T8 scales would be nice. Something that lets you turn in scales you have a ton of extra ones for a chance at some of the color you need.

D-crawls are nice if we have the room to avoid boxes sticking, adding a few lower level ones that give level equivalent items would be nice.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 01:17:48 pm »

T10 is fine just as it is at the moment, just the Boss spawn has to be fixed. All the time I have bee there I saw the Sarnakboss Best but very very seldom the second Boss who spawnns in the north of the Sarnak camp.
I have never seen the second Orcboss so I think that should be fixed
To make it a bit easier for players which have not so much time to play as I have, lower the plagues from 1000 maybe to 600
otherwise most of them would need years to get there epic.
For a new tier make a mix from the last 5 tiers. Cool
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »

What about a zone similar to ToFS but for UC2 and UC3? An alternative in a dungeon crawl style, and something that scales to the people in the instance that would make it possible to get scales and/or upgrade orbs? Perhaps something that also has spiffy alternative loot? Keep it CoH free.

Zones that might work well for this: Dreadspire Keep, Deathknell, Skyshrine, Morell's Castle, etc.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »

What about a zone similar to ToFS but for UC2 and UC3? An alternative in a dungeon crawl style, and something that scales to the people in the instance that would make it possible to get scales and/or upgrade orbs? Perhaps something that also has spiffy alternative loot? Keep it CoH free.

Zones that might work well for this: Dreadspire Keep, Deathknell, Skyshrine, Morell's Castle, etc.

For UCv3! YES PLEASE! But just for the scales.....obviously. GREAT idea, Chunka Chunka Burninglove!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053