Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:14:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 8/23/2015  (Read 23612 times)
Gimble

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2015, 06:50:05 am »

The aggro issue raised earlier by Kiwis is definitely real and my experience is that if each and every mob is not hit or aggro'd specifically then they will immediately bypass my tank and head straight for my healer even before I get to my group.

This is making things like shadowmen in T9 practically impossible for a newly T9 group.

I haven't tried just spamming angerbomb well ahead of my group for fear of the tank dying but really does it matter when he is the only one left standing anyway?

not sure what we can do just pointing out its real to me too.
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:20 am »

my refunded AA's did not show up in the AA window. I cant buy any AA's on warbash but when I say"aa" it tells me 68k AA. any suggestions?

Same on a lot of my toons. I am just regaining the exp needed to buy AA's, but wanted to point out I am seeing this problem too in case it will cause problems with upgrading RoA or earring or that.

Blarr!
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2015, 02:24:07 pm »

The aggro issue raised earlier by Kiwis is definitely real and my experience is that if each and every mob is not hit or aggro'd specifically then they will immediately bypass my tank and head straight for my healer even before I get to my group.

This is making things like shadowmen in T9 practically impossible for a newly T9 group.

I haven't tried just spamming angerbomb well ahead of my group for fear of the tank dying but really does it matter when he is the only one left standing anyway?

not sure what we can do just pointing out its real to me too.

We can all agree something about aggro has changed, but this is where I draw the line. There's a difference between posting issues and over-exaggerating bullshit. If you've made it all the way to t9 and pulling 10+ mobs is still a problem, it's time for you to go back, max SOA, uc3 your tank, and possibly think of adding something to your team like a druid. Aggro issue or not, you have some serious gearing problems if shadowmen are an issue for you.

And sorry to sound like a dick, but it's posts like this one that get everybody to hop up on the bandwagon to make things easier, and it can also cause mass hysteria (hello t7 thread)

TLDR: Is aggro issue real? Yes
Is it making things impossible? No
It it making them harder? No
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 07:08:48 pm »

I have to agree with the above post I have had no issue with aggro or aggro control after the updates... I suggest more gear..

I use SOT to click everything that i pull and hit angerbomb 5 or 6 times during the fight and i typically leave my warrior out front and let him fight everything for 10 seconds or so solo just to make SURE that no stragglers are inbound to rape the minions.

gear and strategy i guess make this a non issue

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 08:28:45 pm »

No gear is not the problem, I had my warrior go down on the squealing underboss, tabbed over to my healer, buffed and healed my healer, then rezed my warrior. Without even tabbing back to my warrior they moved off my healer and attacked the warrior as soon as she zoned back in. Something about how agro is being handled is screwed up. Many of us talking about the agro are T10, so telling us to get gear is kinda retarded.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 08:56:18 pm »

No gear is not the problem, I had my warrior go down on the squealing underboss, tabbed over to my healer, buffed and healed my healer, then rezed my warrior. Without even tabbing back to my warrior they moved off my healer and attacked the warrior as soon as she zoned back in. Something about how agro is being handled is screwed up. Many of us talking about the agro are T10, so telling us to get gear is kinda retarded.

I told him to get gear becuase he said pulling a camp of shadowmen was IMPOSSIBLE for a new t9 group.  And the people stating they have aggro issues so far have admitted they were pulling in the past without using any threat mechanics. I have not seen anything out of the ordinary and have pulled hundreds of trains to my group without any deaths. I already stated if you're pulling spread out mobs, just tab thru and click on a Warrior 3.0, SoT, Angerbomb, anything. If you pull shit with your face and expect it not to chain over to your group I don't know what to tell you. And if you still want a lazy way to face pull, just run thru a camp, stop out of proximity of your group but close enough for the druid to throw a drake on you, then turn around and let your weapon proc ONCE, and it's all good to pull em in close. Don't have a druid? Then use Vie 3 from a cleric. Don't have either? Use your T3 click riposte. There are plenty of options to circumvent random deaths from happening.

I'm posting these things not to make people rage, but as a way to get around the random deaths until the devs have some time to take a look at it. I already said apparently there is something new happening, but don't expect it to be fixed instantly, especially if it's not some major-league gamebreaking shit, WHICH THIS IS NOT. Basically, that has been my point this whole time.

p.s. if you run into the squealing underboss on your warrior solo, he will 1 shot you 10 times out of 10. His initial damage is based off your hp, and if there are others standing around you, he will most likely stab around randomly, killing no one.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:58:31 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:22 pm »

If you pull shit with your face and expect it not to chain over to your group I don't know what to tell you

^This! If you've been doing this then you need to just play smarter.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 09:39:30 pm »

p.s. if you run into the squealing underboss on your warrior solo, he will 1 shot you 10 times out of 10. His initial damage is based off your hp, and if there are others standing around you, he will most likely stab around randomly, killing no one.
I know how to deal with him but one out of every 20ish times I go after him I forget to hold myself back and he does 225% of my hp in one shot. The point I was making was that my warrior pulled agro off my druid somehow, even though she had generated threat with both heals and buffs and might have had an epic click going on them as well. While I understand that its something a lot of us, myself included, can work around it is still a broken mechanic. Its not a case of the person not having the proper gear to handle something.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 09:52:14 pm »

I never said "go get gear it'll fix ur aggro" Please stop putting words in my mouth. I literally responded to the person I quoted only about him having problems with tank damage in tier 9. It's obviously someone who got power leveled quite a bit, who IS very behind in strike augs / soa / UC3, stating that tier 9 is impossible for a new group.

In other news, most seem to agree upon the "Mask of Experience" holder to be generating aggro. This I cannot speak to, as my mask is on my warrior, but maybe this is a place to start.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 10:41:05 pm »

In other news, most seem to agree upon the "Mask of Experience" holder to be generating aggro. This I cannot speak to, as my mask is on my warrior, but maybe this is a place to start.

my mask is on my rogue and he is also has uwXI and I have noticed no increase in aggro at all..

I think people are making random things into things that are not random...

what is the word for that?

c

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 12:13:55 am »

what is the word for that?

Hooker
Gimble

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 06:45:36 pm »

Kruciel,

Seriously, practically impossible is not impossible.  I am geared fine.  I can pull about 10 mobs without dying and using anger bomb outside my camp has worked just fine.  Your comment about pulling without a threat mechanic is absolutely true.  It appears that you can no longer do that.

So basically I can pull T9 its just not the brainless exercise now.  Not sure if the old way was how it should have been but its definitely a massive difference on play styles.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »

You're a hooker!

https://youtu.be/W5i3g0RDp_g?t=101

EZ Server GM
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 12:25:33 am »

Rofl, love that movie.