Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:17:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T10 Final Beta Test from 10/2 to 10/4!  (Read 21060 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:34:42 pm »

T10 Final Beta Test from 10/2 to 10/4, AND IS NOW OPEN!

T10 Final Beta is NOW GOING! The items are not there just yet, as I'm still finishing up the leather and mail items. I'm adding EZ Credit tokens to bosses, both since I cannot let you actually progress before the zone opens and because I want to show thanks for spending time to test.

Let me repeat that in bold letters: BOSSES DROP EZ CREDITS IN T10 CURRENTLY. 100% chance to drop a credit token. 75% chance for a 5c, 25% for a 10c.

T10 will open literally the day after Halloween. Would do it sooner, but open for 1-2 weeks then DL would trivialize it. Plus, all week of Halloween, T10 isn't getting done, you ladies/gents/trolls are doing Halloween. It's House Garden and the boss farm shenanigans. :-)

-Hate

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:53:10 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:37:08 pm »

Halloween has always held its own as an event and really some space between that and the launch of t10 is a great idea...

i want to farm my Halloween without feeling i am cutting myself short on t10 launch!

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:11 pm »

i want to farm my Halloween without feeling i am cutting myself short on t10 launch!

This is why it's post-Halloween release. :-)

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00:46 pm »

Oh f..damn. If you don't have the updated zone file, that zone is probably very very barren looking. I'll reupload it today and be online later.
-Hate

Do we need to update this before next test? I had zone files from ~2 months ago when I swapped to RoF and redownloaded the file-pack.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 11:37:11 am »

The sunderock zone file is in the "EZ Server Files" download on the left (hot pink).

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 04:08:54 am »

Would like to see respawn slowed of certain areas. Not sure if it can only be done globally. Respawn makes the high density areas impossible just from a dps standpoint. On the other hand, there are a few areas where it fits just fine. Bandits / Goops / Basilisks are all fine. Sarnaks / Undead could use an extra 2 minutes, Orcs / Gnolls could use an extra 5 minutes. I've finally gotten to the point where I can rotate enough things on the warrior to break into every camp, but even with 4 ult weapons and 2 full groups of dpsers I can't make a dent in the high density camps due to respawns cropping up.

On the positive side, very few Rampage deaths from non-Juggernaut mobs  Cheesy and Ro'kki showed me why lev isn't allowed LOL ... I actually have a fraps of what he did to my monk right here: https://youtu.be/oyl97TG8jbA?t=19m8s
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 02:11:52 pm »

He.... used his heat vision?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »

some of the NPCs have unuseable races.

a dessicated zombie showing up as naked Human male
#Beast of Burden boss showing up as naked Human male
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 04:50:46 pm »

Would it be possible to add a duration to the Goop grow stacks? It's quite the burden cleaning up after all these people feeding them and then leaving!  Tongue oh and then there's the gnoll miners feeding them in the southeast part of the zone until they're as big as a house. Those goops hit harder and have more HP than any boss i've encountered so far  Tongue
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

Undead cave has about 8 servings worth of spawns inside it atm ! I think there is something fishy about.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 10:59:09 pm »

Over 1000 npcs in zone  Shocked something broke lol, calling it a night. Lol at 200 undead in the cave now.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 11:12:29 pm »

After doing some digging, players rejoice. This is a fix to stop your mq2map plugin from blowing your UI up while in the zone.

/mapfilter untargetable
/mapfilter ground

The first command will stop the 'zonecontroller' and 'proxycontroller' things from appearing. Not a big deal only 10 or so of them but I found this by accident while playing around.

The second command, however, will hide all of the 400x "Something"s that are bogging down the map addon and causing TONSSSS of ui errors.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:29:43 am by Kruciel » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 04:59:38 am »

I have spent all my time at the goops and don't understand the mechanic behind this mob.  It AoE hits you (having  a brain fart and cant think what that is called) not a problem....but for some reaon (and had no deaths at this point) right when you have it dead it heals up to 70% and then one of your toons die..it grows bigger rinse and repeat...rinse and repeat a few times...then the mob just kills over at 40% after it kills 10/12 of your raid (two groups)....I have tried to understand this mob.....also the gnoll assassins can backstab....so why don't they backstab...a straight on slash from a gnoll does say 100-300k but the backstab is only 600hp yes six hundred not 600k or something..... Huh Maybe I need to try something other than goops though cause I have seen no named just a WHOLE lot of death. Grin

Also Hate...I know we don't like each other  Cool...but is this your way of getting back at me  Kiss

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 05:17:20 am »

My biggest issue with this zone is sooo many of your toons pop into zone but are darkened out on group window like they are not in the zone and you have to zone them out and back in to get them to show up. Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 09:31:56 am »

some of the NPCs have unuseable races.

a dessicated zombie showing up as naked Human male
#Beast of Burden boss showing up as naked Human male

Do you have the latest "EZ Server Files"?

Would it be possible to add a duration to the Goop grow stacks? It's quite the burden cleaning up after all these people feeding them and then leaving!  Tongue oh and then there's the gnoll miners feeding them in the southeast part of the zone until they're as big as a house. Those goops hit harder and have more HP than any boss i've encountered so far  Tongue

No, as they 'grow', they consume more than just strength...   Wink

Undead cave has about 8 servings worth of spawns inside it atm ! I think there is something fishy about.

Screenshot it next time, it may have been a boss spawn failing to move out of the cave with his/her entourage.

Over 1000 npcs in zone  Shocked something broke lol, calling it a night. Lol at 200 undead in the cave now.

Likely, but it is possible (though unlikely) given certain events.

After doing some digging, players rejoice. This is a fix to stop your mq2map plugin from blowing your UI up while in the zone.

/mapfilter untargettable
/mapfilter ground

The first command will stop the 'zonecontroller' and 'proxycontroller' things from appearing. Not a big deal only 10 or so of them but I found this by accident while playing around.

The second command, however, will hide all of the 400x "Something"s that are bogging down the map addon and causing TONSSSS of ui errors.

This is creating ghetto "objects" (the game considers forges, looms, etc 'objects') to decorate the zone. I found the limit of the emulation without having raw access to edit zone files. Next time I will simply have to scale it back. :-O

I have spent all my time at the goops and don't understand the mechanic behind this mob.  It AoE hits you (having  a brain fart and cant think what that is called) not a problem....but for some reaon (and had no deaths at this point) right when you have it dead it heals up to 70% and then one of your toons die..it grows bigger rinse and repeat...rinse and repeat a few times...then the mob just kills over at 40% after it kills 10/12 of your raid (two groups)....I have tried to understand this mob.....also the gnoll assassins can backstab....so why don't they backstab...a straight on slash from a gnoll does say 100-300k but the backstab is only 600hp yes six hundred not 600k or something..... Huh Maybe I need to try something other than goops though cause I have seen no named just a WHOLE lot of death. Grin

Also Hate...I know we don't like each other  Cool...but is this your way of getting back at me  Kiss

The backstabs are a result of the goofy formula for mobs only utilizing backstab damage if they have a weapon. To make it viable for EZ, I would have had to give them a weapon that's rogue usable, by all races, dealing UW 2H sized damage. Obviously, something like that would've ended up on every melee character in the game as "LOL FREE UWs DUDEZ". There is a custom rule for it, let me dig in to that. :-)

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988