Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:03:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ Augment Changes! (11-15-15)  (Read 22243 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 08:36:54 am »

I love the change. Hate how you just dropped it in without warning. Alot of work went into obtaining augs and just deleting them as you did was irresponsible.

I know i bitch alot but you gave a warning for the other slots whynot those slot you deleted?

Over all great change.

What happens to t7 slot specific augs? Way of the dodo?

Expletus,

It's either weeks of warning, bitching, complaining before I release it. While there, I write an hour worth of queries (for reference, most queries are sub-second runs), and then hope I didn't destroy much more serious things. Then, there IS NO WAY to save lost augs short of building a custom table to save them, adding a spamming NPC for players to reclaim them, and basically have most players with too many augs. It would've taken me about 6-8 to keep server down to verify this about a dozen times over too. The "reckless" approach was (in a warped sense) the lesser of the two evils.

Look at what happened with...well..every other change of a decent size on EZ. :-)

EDIT: Let's math. I'm going to make up an example where you have 1 HR XX and 1 HR VI in every piece. You lost some Heroic Resist XXs, that's 100 per aug. That's 800 resist (1 per piece, 8 pieces). All you're left with is the VIs at 30 HR each (8 x 30 = 240). With the new system, those VIs are worth 90 each and the XXs worth 300. Your new total, even missing the XXs, is 720. You went from 1040 total (old) to 240 (old), then back up to 720 (new). Yes, this is a loss of 320. I understand this hurts, but since it's 15 HR per rank (up from 5)....that's pretty hilariously easy to catch up. As also mentioned, you no longer need to augdance to slot them. This was the least painful way I could fix such a screwy aug system (0-70, T1-T6 uses one system, T7+ uses another system).

-Hate
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:55:25 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 09:26:31 am »

So basically - you probably didn't have a net loss (only those that systematically arranged their augs in a certain way WITH large level discrepancies have a loss). Those few that might have a loss, it's now quite a bit more than 3x faster to make up the difference. (since there is an exponential timesink as you raise in SoHR levels)

Virtually everyone will initially be neutrally affected, but in the future, it will be better for everyone (even aside from eliminating the aug dance), since the growth of resist augs will be 3x as fast.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 09:40:19 am »

Everyone should make sure to check their armor EVEN IF they were using the leafs. Some of your augs will probably be in the wrong slots and you will have to move them around.  Just a warning so you don't end up losing leafs and resists
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 09:56:29 am »

Everyone should make sure to check their armor EVEN IF they were using the leafs. Some of your augs will probably be in the wrong slots and you will have to move them around.  Just a warning so you don't end up losing leafs and resists

yes, check your armor on everyone.  my mage lost all his resists on all his t9 gear.  he was 100% naked of all resists.  Hate fixed him for me...thank you hate.    still need to log the army in that been auging and check them.    I only had 3 people in last night.  2 of them were perfect with upgraded augs and the mage was empty.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 10:05:29 am »

Hate, it was a good change. Still made out better than before just sucks how it was executed and you cant win either way. Youre right bitching for weeks or bitching after. Lose / lose

Keeze
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 10:12:34 am »

Would have been nice if hate had waited to remove the slot 23 so we didn't lose any augs. BUT you know what they say, "Hindsight is 20/20".

ALSO my mage Branbadaka has a resist 7 stone in slot 23 on the arms. The slot doesn't show but it's definitely still there as I cannot put a resist 7 in that slot and it has the resists from one.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 10:19:02 am »

logged in a couple more.  It looks like the impact here are these characters that didn't have loping plains augs yet.   so their resists were automatically equipped in that 1st slot which Hate has destroyed now.  

One of my paly's lost 6lvl 11's in his t9 gear because they were auto equipped in the 1st slot of the pieces that he did not have loping plains aug in yet and my monk lost 7 lvl 11's in his t9 gear.   Still logging in everyone to check.

I like the change but destroying peoples stuff without notice of being able to unequip them quick is pretty lame.  

**and this is what I feared.   If you didn't have a tier aug your resists are auto equipped in that 1st slot.   they are all gone.  Sad    My ranger, Rdydar has 0 resists augs now.  completely gimped of his lvl 11 augs in every single piece of armor and accessories.  14 lvl 11's gone to 0.  and he only has 1900 resists now.    I'm going to have a bunch of characters like this.

Hate, are you going to be looking into this?  

*Edit two - I logged my zerker in who had leaf 10's in all the 1st slots and he still lost everysingle resist.    I have 2 full groups in t9/t10 with less than 1600 resists now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:40:05 am by Drep » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 10:42:11 am »

While I'm sure this was a great, game changing, awesome change....

would have been nice to have the chance to remove all augs, combine them up then re-slot them after the change so as not to lose tons of fucking farming time getting the damn things.

just a "hey, making a change to the aug system if anyone cares."

But, I'm sure we are all better off now. w/e

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:06 am »

**and this is what I feared.   If you didn't have a tier aug your resists are auto equipped in that 1st slot.   they are all gone.  Sad    My ranger, Rdydar has 0 resists augs now.  completely gimped of his lvl 11 augs in every single piece of armor and accessories.  14 lvl 11's gone to 0.  and he only has 1900 resists now.    I'm going to have a bunch of characters like this.

Hate, are you going to be looking into this?  

If you go to ToFS level 7 and get a total of 10 stones (30 minutes?) You'll be WAY ahead of where you were

14x11x5 = 770 (14 augs @ level 11 @ 5 heroic per stone)
14X7x15 = 1470 (14 augs @ level 7 @ 15 heroic per stone)

Or hell - even ToFS 5, you'd be way ahead

14X5x15 = 1050 (14 augs @ level 5 @ 15 heroic per stone)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:53:26 am by Darpey » Logged

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 10:55:36 am »

While I'm sure this was a great, game changing, awesome change....

would have been nice to have the chance to remove all augs, combine them up then re-slot them after the change so as not to lose tons of fucking farming time getting the damn things.

just a "hey, making a change to the aug system if anyone cares."

But, I'm sure we are all better off now. w/e

Sad  Only my warrior and one of my pally's are better off.  10 others now only have resists from the stats of their gear.    As a more casual gamer, this update went to hell. 

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 11:01:30 am »

Sad  Only my warrior and one of my pally's are better off.  10 others now only have resists from the stats of their gear.    As a more casual gamer, this update went to hell.  

again

If you go to ToFS level 7 and get a total of 10 stones (30 minutes?) You'll be WAY ahead of where you were

14X7x15 = 1470 (14 augs @ level 7 @ 15 heroic per stone)

Or hell - even ToFS 5, you'd be way ahead

14X5x15 = 1050 (14 augs @ level 5 @ 15 heroic per stone)

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 11:06:28 am »

If you were toting only ONE resist aug per piece and are truly screwed now, send me a PM. It'll take me a day or two to rip through backups.

To address the request for me to have given a heads up: If I gave everyone two weeks, I would still be in the same boat that I am in now. People offline screaming that they lost everything, people unable to play screaming they lost everything, etc. The only way to do this was plunge in, deal with the pain, and move on. I can reimburse a FEW augs to bring values near where they were. As stated above, PM or no go. Additionally, if anyone sends a bogus request (i.e. "I lost 10 rank 15s!" and I find all 7-8s in backup), I'll be suspending for lying and wasting my time. I genuinely want to help and keep EZ running, but some of the staggered/broken/abandoned framework that was left when we lost a good man must be cleaned up. :-(

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 01:02:04 pm »

I understand Hate but I have to respectfully disagree. At least people would have had an opportunity to accommodate the changes. Two weeks would have been more than sufficient for everyone to make arrangements and/or contact those currently away from the game. Just having until Thursday to "fix" our "broken" aug arrangements is obviously much better than just deleting those.

I feel the point that everybody seems to have missed so far isn't that our resist values are equal or higher than they were previously, but that our time spent gearing up in this PVE environment has been unfairly and randomly reassigned. After a certain, /early/, point in farming resist augs it is no longer about resisting spells in game; like most statistics here it is about competing against fellow players.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I never personally competed in the resist ladders. But if I had spent months to get into the top 10 resists on the server, and then logged in to find I was slashed comparatively because of the way I put my augs into my items, I would be fucking furious.

Blarr!
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 01:06:21 pm »

If you were being competitive in the resist ladder - you would have had levels only *1* off of each other.

e.g. level XV XV and XIV

if this was the case, it shouldn't matter a huge amount - and if it's not the case, then you weren't competitive, as it's not efficient to do it any way.

If this was the case, then there would be virtually no difference.

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 01:43:10 pm »

I definitely wasn't being competitive in the ladder.  I think the updates are a good thing.   as a casual player though, when you have 7 or 8 characters that lost every one of them, they not only reaped no benefits but they lost everything as well giving them only the resists that the gear stats had.   

I'm sure hate will straighten it out though and I'm not worried.   it will take time to update everyone again but it's all good. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 189