Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:35:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 186472 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »

Maybe rather than eventually explaining how they spawn like t9 ended up, you could throw a bread crumb or two into the fortune cookies, or maybe the NPCs at camp will mutter something every hour or so. Something obscure like "Man that thunder orc sure likes his storms". See?  Grin Doesn't give it away entirely, but it's a big clue to spawning him! Buahaha

If the other boss spawners are indeed working, and one of them hasn't spawned by accident by now, nobody is going to figure them out I promise you. That's how I figured out Thundermaker, I spawned him enough by accident to say "man what am I doing to cause this, let's see" and made progress from there. Unless the server reset is impeding massive counters from being filled (2000 mobs or something insane) people aren't going to put 2 and 2 together unless it's something that can happen naturally going thru the zone. I really did try sitting on Vaxxol's chair to spawn him lol and clicking it from every angle thinking maybe it was a door type mechanism.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:05:42 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 04:45:55 pm »

Are the triggered bosses spawning immediately on top you when you are killing trigger x,y or z?  If not, this is going to lead to a boatload of "kill steals" that are purely accidental.  Hey, a boss is up, i'll go hack them down.  Someone else shows up seconds later and sees the mob they spent x amount of time trying to spawn ganked.  Then there is the ever present, but I was spawning them too, so it was my loot...it reminds me of public zones.  Not something that is happening all over the place now, just trying to be proactive in logic.  Please feel free to disregard this, as I've only killed 200 or so mobs total in the zone and have no real plan to zone in for the other 50 to get to next stage on my first of 3 faction types anytime soon.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 05:30:17 pm »

That's the beauty of the scripted loot part, as long as you 2 are willing to invite one another to the raid. I spent an hour or so spawning Thundermaker today, and Sona logged on right before it spawned. Threw him an invite and we both got tier on the warriors from the kill.  Wink

Granted, not everyone is going to be so friendly about grouping I'm sure, but you really do get more quests done and more loot by joining up. Bosses drop more loot,  you share each others kill credits for mob kill quests, you progress faster, and just alternate rare drops like blue diamonds, resist stones, essence whatever. Or if you don't want to do that, you can still kill in seperate areas, while in the same raid, and still share kill credit and just do your own thing.

Honestly, I don't know how it's all going to pan out once more people start showing up.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 12:13:15 am »

Beast of Burden hasn't spawned a single time since you "fixed" the tier  Sad nor any Sarnak boss at all for that matter. I've cleared all Sarnak in the zone 3 times today, fully wiped the undead sarnak twice. No BoBs, no Vaxxols, no mystery 3rd boss (possibly?).

Oh also, not a single Sarnak mini all day.

P.S. Lol @ Orc tier pants. Why would a worn effect be so terrible on the tank set? These thing could have 500,000 HP I still wouldn't wear them. (-15% healing received) Shoving these poopers in my bank. Tested them to be sure, cleric heals for 2.6 mil with t9 pants on, 2.2 mil with t10 pants on. Yeahhh, not wearing these.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:33:54 am by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:25 am »

I'm not sure how players progressed to T10, unless it was through following the WIKI guides. :-P

I don't want to fight other people's battles for them, but this statement doesn't fit the budget. Every zone before now has been linear as piss. Zone in, kill things, go to next zone. Zoning in and choosing a faction set in stone with no way out other than to dickslam your way out is bad. Combo that with the fact the Sarnak tier is complete crap at the moment and they don't even have anything to look forward to while they're stuck on that faction. I know you said the resists make up for it, but how? I haven't had a single box take a single point of spell damage the entire time I've been in here, other than Berserker mobs doing AOE. I have not had a single character get gfluxed (even before the resist stone change that put all of my boxes above 5000 resist). The only benefit to the entire set that I can see so far from the pieces I have is a caster focus effect on the helmet. What good is a bunch of resist when you don't get hit by any spells already? The set is literally almost a 100k hp downgrade from t9, whereas the gnoll and orc both are leaps and bounds ahead. The itemization of HP / resist is a cool idea, but having a set go backwards in the only stat that matters at the moment for me is poop.

Trust me, I want to get the wiki started before more people make mistakes, just wanted more info and to see all the tier for myself before making judgements.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:56 am »

I'm not sure how players progressed to T10, unless it was through following the WIKI guides. :-P

I don't want to fight other people's battles for them, but this statement doesn't fit the budget. Every zone before now has been linear as piss. Zone in, kill things, go to next zone.

The complexity of t9 was pretty good and also fit the progression mechanics of this server at the same time.   I love the thought put into t10 and how it works but it just doesn't seem to fit the mechanics history of this server in which why so so so so many people joined the server to begin with.    I been following the thread and it really sounds like everyone may as well just join the same guild and follow Kruciel around now.  Smiley

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 10:30:45 am »

I think the zone would be more appealing to the masses if rampage was removed. Just my opinion. Hunter removed it to allow less focus on alts. He was gonna revisit it but didnt. I think the server minus a select few became used to just slapping gear and strike augs then sending them in. Now some of us are paying the price for becoming complacent. Good thing will be when stonewall is revamped the need for max gear on alts may go down.

Unfortunatly there is no time table. Pendulum has swung back to the rampage side.

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 10:53:32 am »

I'm a mixed bag about rampage. When it was originally taken out, it was out of control period. Now, it seems hate has the ability to modify rampage damage output without reducing mob damage. Ever since it was taken out, the difficulty of t8 basically vanished to what people had almost become accustomed to. I haven't had a box death since then, even took both paladins and shoved them into the warrior's group for over a year now while group 2 and 3 just survived from RoA regen (ya...)

I didn't mind a few RNG rampage deaths in the beginning, but now that I see the tier isn't going to be a jump up in HP to compsenate, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I really really like the aspect of needing to heal again, but seeing bards with 4.5 mil hp get 1 rounded over and over is getting old. So here's a list of mobs that rampage off the top of my head:

Vampire / Undead:
a ghoulish creature - low damage
a vampiric champion - high damage

Bandit:
a tamed hellclaw - low damage
a demented crusader - medium damage
a bandit raid leader - high damage
an irritated berserker - high damage

Sarnak:
all easy

Gnoll:
a gnoll honorguard - high damage

Orc (fun timeeee):
an orc guard - medium damage
a tamed basilisk hatchling - high damage
a crushbone legionnaire - super high damage
an orc berserker - super high damage
a crushbone juggernaut - mega super high damage

And the all time winner of mass death is!
a desert orc stormbringer - rape mode damage
every druid plagueborne mob - rape mode damage

Anything that says high damage I see a few deaths to per day. Anything above that is almost a guaranteed death every other pull. Having to do orc pulls with double juggernauts and legionnaires mixed in is just a bag of dicks. I really really wish the cooldown of the big buffs could be lowered from 5 minutes with how the zone is going so far. When doing orc grinding, half the time I'll have a death, rez, and not be able to buff because of cooldown from the last death. Then, I end up forgetting about them until they face-plant again within a minute or two.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:00:41 am by Kruciel » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:14 am »

I feel ur pain. Legionare = death for anything in melee range minus tank. If the gflux goes off from whatever mob he comes with its a wipe. Im resorted to single orc pulls atm

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »

While making the other post-t10 post, I just noticed the only range item in t10 is a bow.

Non bow melee could use an idol or something (MNK BST BER) seeing as they haven't got a single thing thrown their way since t5.

Casters could use a wand or some goofy thing I don't know. Healers are not going to be dropping their t8 ranged slot item any time in the near future, unless that clicky is made into a t10 spell. They'll basically be wearing the Crystalline Idol of Healing Boon until the end of time.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2015, 02:13:27 pm »

I have had a mixed bag of results as well....

I cant pull a small group of orcs and be fine for hours and then all of a sudden It is not fine and I am rebuffing..

Glad to see the stormbringers are rape mode as I have killed a few of these and I felt that it was a hard fight.

At this point I am dusting off a second cleric to join my druid in the second group for heals so I am been trying ..and failing... to gear him in t8 before I retry t10.

I have both of my clerics now in the /bct caster channel that makes them stand at /stick 45 and cast viv and cure in a rotation with the clicking of epics...

this seems to keep my current t10 cleric alive so i am hoping this adds some longevity to my second group as well.

My mage has been discarded as they are of no real use to me in t10 besides nominal dps (uc3/summon bag/caster neck maxed)

sorry for the rambling post but I have been to long without rest.

spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2015, 02:59:21 pm »

Mage no good in T10 ?

haha guess mine cant solo 7 orcs at once then lol

but seriously mage pets are great at soaking up the damage from archers letting the group pick of one at a time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:01:52 pm by spuddson » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:51 pm »

Funny cuz the trains were from ur mage...

Keeze
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 04:20:50 pm »

Funny cuz the trains were from ur mage...

Ahh, the "fun" of no instances!

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 04:24:27 pm »

yea its going to be fun when the masses show up .....

Its already a mass graveyard with just me dying....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 189