Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:20:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 186479 times)
Peign
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2016, 09:51:52 am »

This was posted by Kruciel....hope it is what you are talking about Hate.

"After doing some digging, players rejoice. This is a fix to stop your mq2map plugin from blowing your UI up while in the zone.

/mapfilter untargetable
/mapfilter ground

The first command will stop the 'zonecontroller' and 'proxycontroller' things from appearing. Not a big deal only 10 or so of them but I found this by accident while playing around.

The second command, however, will hide all of the 400x "Something"s that are bogging down the map addon and causing TONSSSS of ui errors."

Mix

From page 2 of this very thread. Use those two commands and no more disappearing chat.
Thanks.   Workarounds are fine, but it seems root cause is that T10 bites off more than it can chew.

from the quote above "The second command, however, will hide all of the 400x "Something"s that are bogging down the map addon and causing TONSSSS of ui errors.""    

To my knowledge, no other zones cause UI errors.   Players are able to seamlessly move up the tiers through T9, then boom, T10 ui issues, lag issues, etc.

EDIT:  softened the message  
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2016, 04:01:28 pm »

Gah! Who let you back into the game Peign!? Missed you buddy! Good to see you around.
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2016, 09:37:02 am »

Could add a 2nd one, make it 5 mins and SK only then switch the warrior one back to 3 mins and remove SK's.
Peign
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »

So, here is some feedback on T10.   Some of us were not around when T10 was released and therefore did not provide any feedback during testing.

What works

--The changes made to reduce lag seemed to have worked well, experiencing minimal lag issues as long as the map is adjusted accordingly.    Thank you for that.
--The overall concept of T10 is great, the factions and grind are nice.    Definitely a challenge and it is nice that it is not spoonfed.
--The quest dialog is solid and enjoyable and provides a nice level of immersion

Constructive Criticism

--Uses RNG as a huge crutch

--Loot distribution via raid level RNG:  When you drop a boss that loot is distributed randomly to whatever toon in the raid that is eligible.   This pretty much goes against the concept of pretty much any mmorpg ever (to include EZ Potimea - T9).   Players need/want finite control of loot distribution, as we all know gearing up certain role players make the group stronger.   In addition, due to the "raiding" nature of the zone, the random loot distribution eliminates the use of any DKP type system, which again is typical in pretty much every mmo ever.   I mean my lazy bard gets phat loots and only shows up to raid 1/4 of the time.   The accessories are also distributed randomly.    My SK has 0 need for a healing shield, absolutely 0. 

--Traps:   Meh, is this really needed?

--PKs:    Meh, are they really needed?    We donated for fastest travel only to have it countered at every turn. 

--Pathing:   Have seen mobs path underground or take odd paths back to camp (similar to T8)

--Boss Loot:   I've seen bosses drop 0 loot except a plat bag or diamond.  This has happened 3x thus far.  Is this by design?  If so, it would be nice if it could be refactored so  we could get some type of loot that will enhance group members (spell, weapon, essence, anything).   If not, it may be a bug.    Players of mmos are like rats hitting levers for pellets,  we will hit the levers, just need the pellets.   

Potential Solution to RNG:   The RNG loot issue could be resolved by having loot dropped on the leaders,  1-X  no drop faction armor token per kill.    Those tokens could then be turned into the appropriate faction leader for eligible armor.    Seems to me that this would follow suit with the rest of EZ and allow us to use DKP and or have finite control over loot distribution. 
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 26, 2016, 02:47:34 pm »

--Loot distribution via raid level RNG:  When you drop a boss that loot is distributed randomly to whatever toon in the raid that is eligible.   This pretty much goes against the concept of pretty much any mmorpg ever (to include EZ Potimea - T9).   Players need/want finite control of loot distribution, as we all know gearing up certain role players make the group stronger.   In addition, due to the "raiding" nature of the zone, the random loot distribution eliminates the use of any DKP type system, which again is typical in pretty much every mmo ever.   I mean my lazy bard gets phat loots and only shows up to raid 1/4 of the time.   The accessories are also distributed randomly.    My SK has 0 need for a healing shield, absolutely 0. 

I agree with Maslow's comments on boss loot / distribution. What makes it worse is that the RNG functionality is actually broken, it just goes to the first player(s) in raid who need the items. (Unless this bug has been fixed since) This hurts the communal aspect because whoever started the public raid will horde the armor drops unintentionally.

Blarr!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2016, 03:51:59 am »

--Traps:   Meh, is this really needed?

Probably the ONLY time I will ever agree with this guy.........

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2016, 07:53:58 am »

Agree with all of Maslow's points... but somehow also agree with Orthanos on traps which doesn't make sense since he is always wrong so...

Traps should stay  Huh Huh

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »

somehow also agree with Orthanos

All i needed to hear  Kiss

Peign
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2016, 12:09:53 pm »

Any chance on getting T10 instanced?      I think this would be very helpful.    More people are in T10 now and camps are often taken.   
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2016, 06:48:55 pm »

Yeah, and cross agro/pulls get kind of gnarly.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »

Thank you for the info on the mapfilter issues.....I was getting not only the chat screens vanishing (completely, not just the text clearing) as well as target clearing on its own, whether I had MQ2 up or not. Seems T10 doesnt like my UI.

The workaround and dumping Dim's mods, then reloading MQ2 from a fresh install seems to have fixed the issue (I hope).

But yeah, whether its the number of mobs and objects in the zone or the code thats doing it, T10 is a pain in the ass before you even get to deal with mob difficulty. Add to the fact that you are having to fight with increasing numbers of players making it into the zone (no instances)....well, I aint lovin it.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:09 am »

I agree with Maslow's comments on boss loot / distribution. What makes it worse is that the RNG functionality is actually broken, it just goes to the first player(s) in raid who need the items. (Unless this bug has been fixed since) This hurts the communal aspect because whoever started the public raid will horde the armor drops unintentionally.

It looks like it is distributing loot based on level of the armor quest.    So if a toon has an active BP quest that toon will get BP (if no other active BP quests).   If you have multiple active armor quests of the same level, it appears to distribute in raid order (group 1, group 2, group 3 etc).     This was workable as my main tank always had the highest quest and thus got his gear first.   

T10 is like boot camp,  once it is done it does not seem that bad, but while doing it it feels like teh suq. 
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2016, 04:10:01 pm »

Thank you for the info on the mapfilter issues.....I was getting not only the chat screens vanishing (completely, not just the text clearing) as well as target clearing on its own, whether I had MQ2 up or not. Seems T10 doesnt like my UI.

The workaround and dumping Dim's mods, then reloading MQ2 from a fresh install seems to have fixed the issue (I hope).

But yeah, whether its the number of mobs and objects in the zone or the code thats doing it, T10 is a pain in the ass before you even get to deal with mob difficulty. Add to the fact that you are having to fight with increasing numbers of players making it into the zone (no instances)....well, I aint lovin it.

Glad I got my toons through this zone already...sucks that I am bringing up new toons though that i will have to drag back through it though.

Peign
« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2016, 11:55:23 am »

We are seeing a few issues with bosses in T10

First, bosses are not always giving armor.   This is fairly frustrating considering the effort it takes to get bosses to spawn and the amount of toons to gear... we have 50+ toons in our raid that need gear.    In a large raid, multiple toons have armor quests, boss (orc boss, no spoilers!) did not give any armor.    

Second, would it be possible to perform a code review on boss triggers?   We are seeing some inconsistencies.     In addition, there are bosses that apparently spawned during beta that have not been seen since, i.e. the 2nd orc boss.     A code review of the boss trigger logic (if not already performed) may be a value added task.  

Thanks   -  Sleepless in Sunderock
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:17:01 pm by Peign » Logged
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2016, 03:59:03 pm »

A ton of the humanoid mobs (gnolls, undead, i think bandits, Beast of burden) now have a stonewall buff that can't be dispelled Sad I don't remember them having it before, or if it was just hidden?
My already slow killing got slower  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053