Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:27:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 186601 times)
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2016, 09:28:27 am »

When I hail the roaming gnome with my mage Ducati and I click on change of heart he doesn't give me the prompt for the 500k to change factions
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2016, 04:35:15 am »

Quest: Purge the Plagueborn

Now that the zone sleeps till someone zones in, this quest seems out of line for RoI for time spent. Used to be you could zone in at any time and chances were there'd be several plagueborn up. 1000 then was pretty crazy, but an understood time sink. Now the zone has to be active, which means parking a player in it just to get some to spawn. Not enough folks are playing there to keep the zone going to give them a chance to spawn. The mission helps but is only 6 man.

I'd like to offer the following suggestions:

Change zone spawn mechanic to match the mission
Lower kill count required
Increase current spawn rate
Allow 18-24 into the mission

My humble opinion is that the kill count should be around what it takes to gear out 18-24 (the high end of toons played by one person) doing all three factions. That puts the kill count around 250-300 at the current spawn rate. For full disclosure, I've been in T10 since DAY1 and only have 300ish/1000 and have been done with armor for a good long while (hence the recommended kill count).

Denzig <STONE>
Peign
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2016, 09:10:08 am »

Quest: Purge the Plagueborn

Now that the zone sleeps till someone zones in, this quest seems out of line for RoI for time spent. Used to be you could zone in at any time and chances were there'd be several plagueborn up. 1000 then was pretty crazy, but an understood time sink. Now the zone has to be active, which means parking a player in it just to get some to spawn. Not enough folks are playing there to keep the zone going to give them a chance to spawn. The mission helps but is only 6 man.

I'd like to offer the following suggestions:

Change zone spawn mechanic to match the mission
Lower kill count required
Increase current spawn rate
Allow 18-24 into the mission

My humble opinion is that the kill count should be around what it takes to gear out 18-24 (the high end of toons played by one person) doing all three factions. That puts the kill count around 250-300 at the current spawn rate. For full disclosure, I've been in T10 since DAY1 and only have 300ish/1000 and have been done with armor for a good long while (hence the recommended kill count).

Nice post and recommendations.   Completely concur with this statement and suggestions.  I would take it a step further and assert that even with the previous zone not resetting dynamic in place that 1000 is far too many.     It is 1000 PBs +  100 weapons per toon.      As Haimon stated T10 folks typically run 18-24 toons,  that is a huge investment.      I'm at 77/1000 after months of grinding (1 month 14 hour days or more grinding in there).    Sadly, many of that 77 came from the MPG vice the zone itself which means only 6 of my toons are at 77 while the rest are lagging behind.

Not to detract from the original suggestions, which are all excellent, but I think instancing this zone would also help.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2016, 06:29:08 pm »

My personal thought is to lower the kill count on PB's to 100 (just like the # of weapon turn ins)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:00 pm »

100 makes sense.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »

I have been bouncing around t10 the last few days and here is my experience...

I have the entire zone to myself all day.....

1 afk person in zone...1 toon.....

soon as I spawn thundermaker... he logs in on rest of his toons and askes to loot the corpse....

other than this in 6+ hours I have seen not one other soul in the zone..

we should look at why this zone is empty and try to remedy this...

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2016, 03:40:45 pm »

It is empty because the zone mechanics are fucked up....mob triggers don't make sense....I know what spawns a few named mobs but from what I understand the surface of the zone hasn't even been dented. I like how hard the mobs hit, etc. keeps scrubs at bay but a lot of people get in there, hit that wall, and then decide it is too hard and quit.....this is not meant to be read as nerf the zone and make it easier though! I am hopeful that one day soon Akka/Rent will get in there and unscrew the zone mechanics so that things make better sense. the only orc named i was ever able to get in there was the Thundermaker and he seemed to be triggered off Stormcallers and trash mobs...a metric shit ton of trash.....the mini named didnt seem to do anything at all.....the epic quest for that zone is kinda retarded on the PB kill quest #'s...if anything was going to be nerfed then i would say nerf that and fix the zone mechanics

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »

I agree with most everything you are saying.

also the zone is missing a final boss of any sort....

why are we gearing up the last few toons when a tank half way done with armor can practically rolf stomp the zone... the only boss that seems to occur is not nearly as hard as a jugg is to kill.....

The zone has no point... you are building to nothing.

I suggest some kind of boss fight mechanic... something people can actually spawn....that is really tough... with maybe AOE lifetaps or something to stop small armys from running it over... som kind of mechanic....GRavity fluxes...whatever... make it a challenge.... Otherwise we are just gearing for the sake of gearring and I find that like mind numbingly borring....

I did the gnoll instance today..... holy shit lets not get started on how screwed up and borring that is....one thing at a time:)

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2016, 08:45:35 am »

It is empty because the zone mechanics are fucked up....mob triggers don't make sense....I know what spawns a few named mobs but from what I understand the surface of the zone hasn't even been dented. I like how hard the mobs hit, etc. keeps scrubs at bay but a lot of people get in there, hit that wall, and then decide it is too hard and quit.....

The zone was created for just a select few.  It went against the reason why most everyone else started playing on this server in the 1st place.   Now there is a dead Tier progression zone on the server cock blocking most everyone except for the select few.    It was said back then and the proof is out there daily with barely anyone playing in it.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2016, 09:17:02 am »

The zone was created for just a select few. 
This. There were many people who tested the new zone and mechanics only to find it had been designed so that they couldn't enjoy it.

Its not a bug, its not a mistake, it was built to be that way.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:13 am »

Will add my 2 cents in to agree with Drep and Leis, it's the opposite of why many people started playing on EZ, hence not many there to play.

I've said it before, I'll repeat again, many of us are here because we loved playing EQ when we were younger with less "grown up" responsibilities. 

I don't hear people asking for it to be less difficult, but instancing and being able to play at my own pace and take long and sporadic AFK breaks which may land me in a bad spot in a public zone are key.

To those who are enjoying it, great, good for you, glad that the effort of many folks isn't wasted.

For me, I remain on the sidelines until there's a return to the EZ I've played for so many years.

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2016, 11:21:47 am »

Would anybody care to enlighten us on on why the majority of people started playing on EZ? How is this zone the opposite?

Of course I don't need to remind anybody instances didn't exist until later in EZ's existence, and even if that wasn't the case, as you said, you have the zone to yourself as it is.

Blarr!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2016, 11:51:35 am »

I started on EZ because the content was challenging and fun. This was back in the "old days", when you had a warrior to tank, a warrior to DPS, and a cleric to keep em standing....and every other class was pretty much filler. I dont play much these days because RL is a bitch, for one....but even when things are calm and I have spare time, I dont log in, because its BORING. Same old shit, only difference is how hard the mobs hit. The ONLY place I've seen anything that even comes close to escaping the pattern EZ has become is T10.

But the whiny "D00d, its liek 2 hrd!" crowd makes up the bulk of the server anymore. We have the majority of the playerbase playing now who started here because they thought EZ meant "easy", and they do all they can to encourage it to become thus. The older players who, arguably, made the server happen dont log in anymore.....because its easy-mode, repetitive sacks of bleh....which is rather sad. Oh, I will pop in still to hang with friends and giggle at the antics of some, but for me its become akin to live: the glory days are gone, the park I used to play in is now a Chik-Fil-A....and at my old school everyone gets a trophy for showing up and successfully breathing.

Ahhh, "progress".

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2016, 11:58:08 am »

The zone was created for just a select few.

And sorry, gotta call bullshit on this one. The zone was created for anyone who got past T9. The issues the zone has are just that: ISSUES, that require attention and tweaking. Hate, for all his flaws and foibles, set it up to be a challenge to EVERYONE, no matter how many UW you had, or how many boxes with rank 1K RoA and 50 EoA. The problems lay in the fact that it needs to be tuned, it needs to be scaled down (the sheer size creates a host of problems with coding and keeping things stable on the emu) and that it needs ATTENTION....and as good as Akk is he's ONE GUY being tasked to do a 5 man job, and in his spare time....AND he's being asked to step in and fix the soup another cook started.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »

You just pretty much said the same thing.    it was in fact made as a challenge.   but that challenge was made for a select few.  everyone else had to mooch.  Hence why you say it needs to be tuned and scaled down.    if it didn't then it would be fine for everyone, which it isnt.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232