Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:35:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 186860 times)
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:32 pm »

you could take this to a different thread.  it's clear you aren't posting bugs/isssues.    I have my thoughts as well but can you stop crying here.  some of us want to follow along the issues, what's getting worked etc without having to read through just whining.   post those in a different thread so they can be discussed there.   I may whine there as well after I can get home and logged in.  lol

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:57 pm »

EZ had never been rainbows and unicorns with fluffy bunnies and sugary gumdrops until Hate and Akka had the utterly broken state of clusterfuck thrown into their laps; half finished tuning of broken content in T9, UW balancing, and not to mention T8 that Hunter was in the midst of balancing before we lost him abruptly. Hunter was trollerific when designing new content and he let early adopters throw themselves at content to see if it was even tenable and nothing got more of a rise out of him more than hearing the masses complain about how hard it was when a few found ways of making it work. Sure he would get around to fixing things after legitimate feedback was given, but it was always a good month or more before the zone had the risk vs reward he was shooting for.

Hate was put into a no win situation from the get go, he knew shot needed to be fixed and had no roadmap of how to get there. There was constant pressure from both hardcore and casuals on what they wanted to see and for better or worse the ultimate design ended up way more skewed toward the casual end of the spectrum than the difficult end. Anyone that was around when T5, 6 or 7 was current or pre-T8 and 9 nerf knows that they ended up as LoLerful lewt fests short on challenge and steep in reward.

New content release is an exciting time and folks should take the time to enjoy it for what it is, on EZ it's the payoff of the monotonous grind we endure while at the current end game. It's an awesome opportunity to work with others toward a common goal without even knowing where the journey is going to take you. There is no how-to guide, no wiki reference and step-by-step, paint-by-number list you check off mindlessly as if you're shopping for ingredients for some 7 layer taco dip someone read somewhere and submitted to a church cookbook. It's trying 10 different approaches to the same encounter even if the first one works because you want to figure out which way works best. Feedback the shit out of it please, but try to keep some perspective while doing so. Keep the negativity out of it and holster the defeatist attitude if it is kicking your ass because you're going to miss that aspect of the game when it becomes just another farm zone while waiting for the next tier of free custom content from the unpaid staff keeping the lights on for us.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:02:27 pm by Dimur » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 01:30:12 am »

the desync is really bad.... I dont think at any point tonight I had all of my toons in the same .....whatever it is....

the zone is hard as fuck and thats fun"Smiley

I was watching kruc mass pull the zone and that was fun.... I cant really pull more than 8 atm pefore I get pawned....sometimes less depending on which of my healers is synced...

gave up on buffs at some point and just kind of zerged it....

is fun...

now i need SOA on all my toons

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 02:00:11 am »

Don't need SOA, I was only SOA-ing boxes to see if I could skip using IG pets. IG is more than enough for some undergeared boxes to avoid rampage deaths (mostly). SOA is only necessary if you intend on trying to use MoF pets for boosted damage.

As the zone is based on t9 being out for 2 years now, it's finally assumed you've done some UC3 work on more than just 'the tank'. This means the rampage is on par with the HP you would have if your boxes had Ult Charm 3, full HP buffs, a few leaf X's spread around. Just doing one UC3 you will make plenty of leaf X's. I don't know where all this bullshit is coming from where people say "my UW box has 3 mil HP", UW has nothing to do with HP. I have characters sporting 3.9 mil HP with 0 SOA, 0 Ult Weapon.

When I first reached t6, I had a one-group crew. I learned very quickly 1> that wasn't going to cut it anymore and 2> Mata Muram was completely unkillable without a bard or a halloween pet, neither of which I had. So, after doing my warrior's UC2 and begging Yeejek or Danish or Natedog or Fugitive to come kill OMM every time I reached him, I went back, made a 2nd group which included a bard. Not one complaint posted on the forums about Mata being hard (though that didn't stop others, so once the tier was obsolete Hunter nerfed it)

I understand it being upsetting to be flagged and not be able to kill here. What I don't understand is the reaction of "well guess I'm done then". EZ is and has always been a server focused on grinding. There isn't a single person here that could log on a week ago and say "ya i'm done with everything" You can always build up resists, build up charms, build up leaves, build up strikes, question your sanity and SOA some melee dps, the list literally never ends.

And finally, this zone is 100% built around the task system, meaning you can team with others and progress thru the zone even faster than you would alone, thanks to everything being task based: The gear, the quests, the rep, everything. I teamed up with Kaidor all day today and we got so much shit knocked out. We would just alternate the rare drops back and forth, really didn't matter much since our main goal was completing the massive kill quests to unlock other quests from the zone-in hub. After slaying tons and tons of Orcs, we managed to unlock the first armor quest for our warriors, but we're tired and going to sleep now  Wink
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:35:25 am by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 02:30:40 am »

As for a list of bugs, since that was what this thread was supposed to be for  Shocked

I know I told you some of these Hate, but I'm gonna list em just for reference.

• Tamed Hatchlings in the Orc areas are attacking 60+ times per FLURRY
  • Vampire Quest seems to have an extremely low droprate, still at 0/100 after killing ~100
  • The amount of locked chests that spawn vs unlocked is way out of proportion to the amount of keys that drop (still never found one) resulting in the zone being littered with locked chests. I think there was 10 up tonight when I left.
  • Some of the chests had nothing but plat inside (maybe intentional the unlocked ones suck?)
  • Something is causing the Orcs to start committing genocide on themselves very rarely. Saw the entire southeast camp all run to the middle and begin killing each other
  • kill 1000 Plagueborn sounds nuts, but maybe not we'll see
  • Qeynosian Exiles extremely super rare or not spawning
  • Goops in the Gnoll area are still feasting on Gnolls all day long, and growing to the point where they kill any character in one hit. This is what I was suggesting in one of the beta threads. Perhaps the Grow (x) buff could have a 60 second duration that refreshes with every Killing Blow they get. Another way is to just cap (x) at 10 maximum instead.
  • Vampires stacking up in the cave at midnight again. Every time midnight rolls around, the piles gain another mob.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:44:54 am by Kruciel » Logged
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 06:47:42 am »

Well T10 sounds fun! I myself haven't tried it yet but...someone mentioned a desyncing issue with their toons which is something I experienced during the betas. I hope I don't have that when I manage to get in there.

As far as casual vs hardcore... I for one have always thought it would be cool if there was a normal and hard mode for each zone. The basis is there since Hate has introduced scaling in some zones but I think the real issue would be to make 2 different item sets for the 2 different modes. Can't have folks getting the same uber gear in normal mode that others get playing the hard mode. Which makes it pretty much mute since we have only 1 dedicated designer vs a team like some MMOs have and Hate is already overworked as is. Just a thought.

Keep on trucking and eventually I will get in there and show you all how its done!

Mix

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

entire team became unresponsive within 2 pulls.  Only the main box was able to be selected/played.  When I clicked on the other boxes they didn't even open up.  I'm guessing that is what people mean by desync Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 03:15:58 pm »

Can done one post the command to filter the untargetable and unknowns? It was in one of the beta threads.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 03:54:16 pm »

This was posted by Kruciel....hope it is what you are talking about Hate.

"After doing some digging, players rejoice. This is a fix to stop your mq2map plugin from blowing your UI up while in the zone.

/mapfilter untargetable
/mapfilter ground

The first command will stop the 'zonecontroller' and 'proxycontroller' things from appearing. Not a big deal only 10 or so of them but I found this by accident while playing around.

The second command, however, will hide all of the 400x "Something"s that are bogging down the map addon and causing TONSSSS of ui errors."

Mix
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 04:32:00 pm »

Elgeon Silvershaper / Panince w/e and the other one from Qeynos & Freeport Initiative are killing the Fayd alliance ppl.

Something trained up there and they all went crazy on each other

*correction* They are killing each other too. stone sgt is getting beat up by his own ppl w/the Elgeon guy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:34:32 pm by Expletus » Logged

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 06:09:50 pm »

Finally found a key for a chest, ran over to the locked chest super excited. Handed the key over, it ate it, and nothing happened  Embarrassed still locked!
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 06:40:13 pm »

'an orc berserker' has the flurry bug. They only spawn from traps it seems, I never see them in the actual orc camps.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »

Whats a flurry bug?

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 10:44:24 pm »

• Tamed Hatchlings in the Orc areas are attacking 60+ times per FLURRY
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 12:16:41 am »

Will cleanup later.

Fixed Vampires not dropping quest gear.
Fixed Locked Chests spawning too frequently. (Additionally, locked chests now = $$$)
Lower goops' scaling damage to not be so...high.
Fixed Vampires not wanting to leave their cave.
Added message to explain quest items being "found" versus mysterious updates.
Fixed Basilisk and Berserker. Will fine-tooth comb the others tomorrow.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988