Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:22:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Mini Dungeons Locked Temporarily! :-O  (Read 18943 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:10 pm »

Mini Dungeons Locked Temporarily!

Right now, due to heavy abuse and severe issues with lockouts not being upheld....all mini dungeons will be unavailable. Anyone entering a minidungeon after reboot will be logged while the minis are down. Exploiters, consider yourself warned.

We will try to get them up ASAP. T7 mini is ready, just waiting on lockout rewrite for it to go live. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:33 pm »

Keeze
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:06 pm »

No idea what the exploit was, but I'm guessing it was clearly obvious it was being done by the exploiters.  Seems like some form of punishment beyond a warning should be in order.

Always a few a-holes that ruin things for the rest of us.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:40:52 pm »

No idea what the exploit was, but I'm guessing it was clearly obvious it was being done by the exploiters.  Seems like some form of punishment beyond a warning should be in order.

Always a few a-holes that ruin things for the rest of us.

No, it's a mix of the lockout system being "iffy" and exploitable....and numerous people taking advantage of it. Akkadius is going to rewrite the lockouts and I'm going to expand T5 mini across three zones (with Love's help) to make it 100x more rigid.

-Hate

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »

No, it's a mix of the lockout system being "iffy" and exploitable....and numerous people taking advantage of it. Akkadius is going to rewrite the lockouts and I'm going to expand T5 mini across three zones (with Love's help) to make it 100x more rigid.

-Hate

This include the chance for a few more T5 bosses?  Trying to look on the possible bright side Smiley
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:01:42 am »

Yeah "iffy" sounds more accurate to me. More bosses would be nice as the T5 mini is currently very short which is part of the problem. Can't blame folks for wanting more of a good thing!

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:50 am »

lol   A few quarters of the high end would no longer exist and the server would be half empty if they were banned.   Anyone who looked at Magelo in the last couple months (since the dungeons were created) knows who all has been exploiting them in various ways.     

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 09:27:39 am »

lol   A few quarters of the high end would no longer exist and the server would be half empty if they were banned.   Anyone who looked at Magelo in the last couple months (since the dungeons were created) knows who all has been exploiting them in various ways.     

Sure as hell wouldn't be me and my 65 Buzzing berries. I think the first three times I did it I didn't even know you had to hail the miner in Stonehive -_-.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:00:55 am »

This is a perfect opportunity for me to adjust the berry vendor and add another. :-)

-Hate

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »

/leghump

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »

I would hope that those who benefited from the exploit would be punished in some way. Maybe resetting berries and items taken. Can't keep allowing the inmates to run with no smack down. If not punished now what would be the hesitation to not do it again if another is discovered in future content.

Keeze
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:44 pm »

I would hope that those who benefited from the exploit would be punished in some way. Maybe resetting berries and items taken. Can't keep allowing the inmates to run with no smack down. If not punished now what would be the hesitation to not do it again if another is discovered in future content.

Agreed.  It should be fairly easy to determine if people were getting more berries than possible simply based on the released date of the content.  Someone with more time than I could certainly even dig that up based on form post dates.  

It costs X berries to get to max Hatestomp aug, at Y berries per day the soonest someone could have gotten the aug is day Z.  Anyone having it before that....tsk tsk tsk

Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »

Just to clarify for the ones who don't know/claim to not know.  As far as I ever figured out...you couldn't obtain extra berries via the exploit and I never even tried it with Dranik..but clearing the t5 mini and turning in for berries is the only way you got a lockout.  The exploit then was to clear the t5 mini,getting charm upgrades/t5 kill credit/essences..etc.  Atleast that is all I could figure out and reported to hate/akka.  If there was anymore to it as for obtaining extra berries I never stumbled across that..nor do I know if it was affecting Dranik the same way.  My experience with dranik is that this would be harder to do because that zone liked to give you credit for completing the expedition and the accompanying lockout before you even cleared the zone sometimes lol.  And fyi..some of the exploiters were not exactly brazen in this,as they would try to keep it down to a few times per day/every other day to keep it from being noticed.  But Im pretty sure akka/hate were easily able to check the logs and see who was doing what..and are handling things accordingly.
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:07:07 pm »

Afaik there is no way to get berries more than once. To be fair, it seemed the lockout was designed specifically for the berries, and in that respect, it worked perfectly well.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »

There was, I reported it to hate a few weeks back. You could leave a few toons out of raid, do daily, have left out toon request daily, then #e invite toons regardless of lockout. Finish daily and get more berries.
So I could technically do it 18 times a day if I used the sploit, since I could solo the t5.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:57:55 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64993