Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:22:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updates 12-28-12  (Read 8335 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:33:23 am »

Focus Effect added to Helms for Water breathing.

Keeper of the Ages NPC added to Nexus.

Anguish Shield Augment now has 3k HP.

Shield of the Ages now fits both Secondary and Back Slot.

Got a lot more done on T7 today including new weapon graphics, Epics converting to Augs of equal stats, then able to insert those 'Epic Augs' into the new weapon graphic. The 'Epic Augs' have a different graphic than the Epic Weapon icons so they won't get confused when using them. The new weapon graphics have aug slot type 21 for epic augs, and aug type 22 for super strike augs that will use 2 or 3 regular strike augs combined together. These new weapons will also have higher melee white damage as well so basically your getting new graphic, same aug dps, and more white melee dps. Anyways, got it all working, including quest to trade your epic weapon to an npc for the augment version, sort like swapping 1hs and 2hs epics. Won't try to spoil too much, was tempted to post screenshots lol. Looks like T7 is very close to being done and will probably release mid Jan.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:22:17 am »

Focus Effect added to Helms for Water breathing.

I have a little ranger who thanks you from the bottom of his tiny heart Hunter!!!

T7 is really starting to sound exicting!!

Strix

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:44:07 am »

Great news about T7, exciting changes.

Shield of the Ages now fits both Secondary and Back Slot.

I am concerned that this change would allow people to put an SoA XV in the shield slot, and an SoA XXXIX on their back slot.  I have my doubts that you intended that?

One possible way to discourage people from getting 2 is to make the war 2hs effect a worn effect instead of a click effect.  That way the SW is only on when you are using the 2hs.  This would not stop Paladin and SK from going for 2 shields.  Not sure how to stop that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:13:46 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:32 am »

double shield using is bit OverPowered... !!! there need a way to avoid!

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 08:25:11 am »

This can be addressed by checking for the shield during the combine of the ores to create the original. 

If shield found, raise an error: "Shield already exists, only one is permitted"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

This can be addressed by checking for the shield during the combine of the ores to create the original.  

Just like RoA this is not a issue Brokyn, we don't need to change any effects. He talked about not having the ability to never have 2 of these @ same time already in OOC.. (Flag or a Check just like RoA that is in place will be the solve, Chances are he already did this..)

Good to think about it though for the just in case Factor, would be tons of OP fun ... but meh 24Million PP.. ewwww

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:15:23 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:12 am »

Seems like it can be avoided pretty easily with a character flag, though if you were to destroy/lose the shield for some reason, you'd be in trouble.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:23 am »

Seems like it can be avoided pretty easily with a character flag, though if you were to destroy/lose the shield for some reason, you'd be in trouble.

Not really with a Flag, Hunter can easily fix it for you by reviewing your flags.. Just have to send a pleasant Email with a stating Issue /  Time of Day and Date / Goon Name /  and don't forget "Please".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:17:32 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:57 am »

I am concerned that this change would allow people to put an SoA XV in the shield slot, and an SoA XXXIX on their back slot.  I have my doubts that you intended that?

One possible way to discourage people from getting 2 is to make the war 2hs effect a worn effect instead of a click effect.  That way the SW is only on when you are using the 2hs.  This would not stop Paladin and SK from going for 2 shields.  Not sure how to stop that.

If memory serves, Stonewall failed to properly apply as a worn (or let it stack with Disc/Clicks awkwardly). I think that the only way to handle this would be flagging (unless double shield was intentional). This would prevent players from making multiple shields.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

No flag or intervention (hunter) required  if for some reason it gets destroyed.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:23:17 am »

Love these changes!

Hulkmad
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »

It was not intended for players to have 2 Shields of 2 different ranks.

I'm going to make all the SoA ranks lore to each other just like the RoA is currently.

If you try to make a 2nd shield right now, your going to end up losing one of them just a heads up.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

My question though it may seem like a foolish one is, when you break your epic down into an aug - does it still have the original epic proc on the aug as well? For example, the holy strike proc from paladin epics ?
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 02:06:27 pm »

Any chance we could add Hp augs Lvl V to Abyss?  Would line up well with current table and help with gearing up those extra slots.  Dunno what drop ratio, whatever works.
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 02:19:12 pm »

Any chance we could add Hp augs Lvl V to Abyss?  Would line up well with current table and help with gearing up those extra slots.  Dunno what drop ratio, whatever works.

+1

same drop rate % of HoH seems fair
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992