Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:13:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 60621 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:57:24 am »

Updated the Ultimate Weapon and Shield of the Ages recipes. The recipe book as been updated as well to view these changes.

I recently checked the database, and there are 121 players with Ultimate Weapons of various ranks. That is a lot more than I intended. Originally wanted around only 5-10% of players have them.

I expect some major butt hurting from the new recipe requirements. I know some will probably quit, and others will say the custom zones require them to survive.

The majority of our custom tiers was created when there was no Ultimate Weapons available. With the right group and other ranked gear, you can still advance through custom zones. There are more items than just the Ultimate Weapons that have lots of hp and damage to it. These Ultimate Weapons do make zones trivial, and should be a lot more rare.

Recipe book will explain the new requirements.

Essence of Platinum can be acquired by giving the Essence Trader npc in Crafters Guild 10 million Platinum.

Essence of Norrath was the Ancient Shield mold that got renamed and new icon.

Created Ancient Shield Template for free on Crafter Merchant to be used instead of the old Quested Mold.

Hopefully that helps in any confusion on the new essences and mold.

Rampage and AoE Rampage has been removed from the npcs so it would be worth doing this quest now on your dps alts as well. So hopefully removing rampage gives the feeling of things more balances out with this change too.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:42:01 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:20 am »

121 players with Ultimate Weapons of various ranks. That is a lot more than I intended. Originally wanted around only 5-10% of players have them.

Seriously?!  You made something game changing and didn't expect that everyone would stop what they were doing and do everything they could to obtain one?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:26:59 am »

I expected everyone to want one, and try for one, but didn't expect that many people would succeed. Need to learn never under estimate the players.

Its not exactly game changing, its game breaking. Needs to be super rare, and super reward for those that are the most hardcore of hardcore players.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:15:25 am »

As a compensation, newbs will have the right to say "you had it easy with SoA an UW" to old timers ... for a change Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:21:54 am »

Actually, the old timers progressed through Qvic - T4 without any UW available to them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:29:35 am »

Actually, the old timers progressed through Qvic - T4 without any UW available to them.

He meant on obtaining the items not progressing through the content.

The Essence of Norrath is a pretty neat idea though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:41:16 am by Paldail » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 05:39:22 am »

My only concern is I can't get frozen shadow to work, which now will be required.

Is it a custom file I missed, can it be added to the server file pack?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:36 am »

Yes you can download the zone files.

Also you can sell/trade those essences too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:44:16 am »

Where are those zone files, hunter? Server pack doesn't have ToFs.

And 2nd question

The essence of norrath is the old mold right? That got eaten when we made the original shield, is a new one now required for every rank up?

Or does it get recycled, and if we already started SoA we just farm another mold(now EoN)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:24 am »

You can get the Frozenshadow zone file from a Live copy of Everquest or from the titanium version as described in this post. Smiley

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UFMissingFilesList

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 05:58:03 am »

lol!
red2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:42 am »

So what floor drops the essence of frozen shadow? If it is just "random" i was on floor 3 long enough to get 7 toons 1500 resists., and saw no essence drop. I  assume it is from somewhere crazy like floor 7 only.

Let me get this straight, everyone who has high UW say 8/9 is spared the trouble. But, those of us still working them up, now have to spend 10million, make a shield mold, and get a frozen shadow essence to add a rank.

/auc wtb: ess frozenshadow .. i guess..

after thinking about this some i like the idea. People in qvic/tacvi gear first time through probably should not be wielding a UW. making it 7.5M more per rank + the SoA mold will just be a an extra week of farming. But will severely slow or prohibit people below t5. which i think is the goal ( or atleast part of it).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:32:32 am by ixidorecu » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:05:29 am »

You forgot the SLS requirements.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 06:21:58 am »

And some middle timers grinded qvic-T4 without it too, were saving stuff for it, maybe had the mats to get a lvl or two of UW and/or SoA before today's change.
That's life ...

However, I can agree for UW, but SoA ... change is really violent for something far less game-breaking than UW ; why not using the essence of norrath every 5 lvls ? That would also match with the tiers/gaps of mitigation.

Anyhow, dura lex sed lex, EZ still a nice place to play Smiley

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 06:35:55 am »

What if shield is changed to 9 ranks

2 stage combine

5 essences + 5 tier metals = shield upgrade #

Shield upgrade # + SLS + EoN + Previous Shield = new shield

Get a bigger boost for almost the same requirements(only thing less would be EoN)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)