Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:54:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 60628 times)
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:29 am »

then have fun by farmin 40-45x EoN !!! EoN = all 10 Ores ... that is really heavy !!!

EoN on all first new things are okay = 9 EoN's that would be fair maybe 20hours xtra of farmin

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:19 am »

I do not understand why you change the quest for an item that over 100 people have already. That just rewards those who did it an penalizes those who have not due to time etc.. And really hurts those who have so much time invested in farming.

The pros just change the item to be in-line with the quest difficulty. In other words, just leave everything and tone down the item. Since you do not need jt, it will still be superior but perhaps only bend the game instead of breaking it.

The hardcore long term players all have uw 9 so the only affected are your younger population.

Not sure why the soa change.. Seemed fine
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 08:26:20 am »

Requiring ToFS essence for every rank of UW is pretty hilarious, seeing as how you basically need UW rank 8 or above just to get past the trap on the floor, or full ToV gear now possibly with the hp change could do it? Also, out of the 15 kills or so on Tserrina I have I've seen Svartmane one time. For those that don't know, after killing the final boss of ToFS, a second boss has the chance to spawn named Svartmane up on floor 7 at the end of the hidden bat tunnel. Each of these named take about 25 minutes to die no matter what kind of gear you have, and require a UW to kill since they're immune to magic. So making a boss literally require to UW to get to and kill, to make UW? I don't even intend on killing her again because that's about 15 hours for one essence as it is, that only a few players can obtain.  Undecided This is kinda stupid. I wouldn't sell my tofs essence for even the price of a UW1 or 2 as painful as it was to obtain with the 22-23 minute stonewall on both bosses now making it completely obnoxious and a boring waste of time.

And this is a rant from someone who's already done with everything. This didn't just make UW "hard" for new people, it will be impossible unless there's a new source of ToFS essence which I doubt will happen. Also, I did all of UW1-UW5 in a single double loot weekend and farmed the other 4 ranks within almost a month and a half. There is nothing even remotely hard about the grind other than the gods' essences. 45 EoNs for SOA is interesting as well, but nowhere near the timesink that 9 ToFS essences would be. I still don't see anyone killing her without a very high UW, because as I said before, she's immune to magic and procs. UW melee damage is literally the only thing that can hit Tserrina / Svartmane.
Peign
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:22 am »

Having to do the Essence of Norrath (SoA Mold) for every rank of SoA seems a bit extreme.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 09:13:33 am »

She isn't immune to magic or procs, she just has very high resists.
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 09:41:12 am »

EoN not that big of a deal, takes some work but not bad. EoP=Suks but whatever.
Problem with UW is that someone that was in qvic could get UW1. That alone was enough to trivialize content in front of them, so then Tacvi essences were easy, .......
I saw a few people put in crazy time with T3/T4 gear and get UW8, only roadblock for UW9 was T6 flag, but with T4gear and UW8 T5 was trivial for them.
Realistically UW's should be gear based to some extent. Use a zone item(whatever that is that hateborne used in his spell recipes available only in zone and no-drop) so at least the UW's are tiered. A t4 geared player should not be able to have a UW8.
Maybe even have it so that any UW5+ requires UC2+ somehow, maybe as some sort of flag from the UC2 quest, before you can do the turn ins.

UW1 need T1 item
UW2 need T2 item
UW3 Need T3 item
UW4 Need T4 item
UW5 Need T5 item
UW6 Need T6 item
UW7 Need T7 item
UW8 Need T8 Item
UW9 Need T9 item
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:42:58 am by Premador » Logged
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:10 am »

Not a bad idea...no drop item off a tier boss so like anguish has a boss that can drop a no drop mat.... That way you cannot uw past your flag
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:28 am »

UW should be something u earn after you've been through the tiers, it shouldnt rocket you through them before you've done them.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 09:52:18 am »

OR a level requirement since you need the level to get into that zone in addition to a boss drop. What you did doesn't seem logical. You just throwing out some random tweaks that really caters to high end players.

Keeze
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 10:02:45 am »

Woogie's idea about 2 stage combines is really solid and so is Premador's idea about UC2 flagging for UW combine eligibility. Kruciel has a good point about TOFS.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:07:14 am by Hulkpunch » Logged
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 10:04:36 am »

Im not gona BI%ch or moan about anything thats a time sink. If thats it, so be it.

But as some have said above, the Ess of TOFS, for UW of any rank, youve basically made it all but imposible to get without already having one due to only one mob in the entire game being the only drop for it.

One mob, in the whole game, who is a rare spawn, off the kill of the boss mob, in Tofs.

Not time sink. Road block.  Undecided
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:04 am »

Impossible for others...

Keeze
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:23 am »

Having to do the Essence of Norrath (SoA Mold) for every rank of SoA seems a bit extreme.

Hell, when i did my sheild i thought this was the way it had to be done. Couldnt get rank 2 to work because i had too much in the combine.

Yea a time sink, but if thats it, so be it. Not to mention unless Hunter has changed it the Ess of norath/Old sheild mold was sellable.

Another things for new players to farm, sell, sls style.

I can deal with it,

and no, i dont have a max sheild, far from it, so ill be along side anyone doing this as well..
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 10:27:41 am »

Add level requirement and revert. Easy day, easy fix.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:07 am »

She isn't immune to magic or procs, she just has very high resists.

I've had 3 characters twist dispel on her for over an hour to try and drop stonewall. You don't even get a resist message. All you see is "target is unaffected" I'm not really sure the point of your post, but I have never seen an dps Aug, UW proc, or uw click land on her. I've seen anger 5 hit her and occasionally ia3, but that's it.

small edit: I'm not really sure why players with UW1-4 would be included in this demographic from the original post either. Those aren't even better than your standard epics just from the anger Aug damage via UC or UC2. Hell I wasn't even happy with the dps of my own UW until I upgraded it to rank 7 and obtained the t7 bp.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:00:40 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 8678