Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:14:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Paladins Updated  (Read 27839 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:31:43 am »

I've created a proc on the Paladin 3.0 and 4.0 Epic Weapons that procs damage to a mob and at the same time heals and cures the whole group. This was inspired by the Necro Epic Pet that procs Server of the Blood Strike spell that does a life tap which heals the whole group.

Paladin 3.0 -
Dmg Mob 3000 pts
Heals Group 3000-3700 HP
Cures Group Disease, Poison, and Curses (48 Count)

Paladin 4.0 -
Dmg Mob 5000 pts
Heals Group 5000-5700 HP
Cures Group Disease, Poison, and Curses (64 Count)

Oracle's Charm LV50 does increase healing 500% (6x healing for 100% heal + 500% more)
Sorcer's Charm LV50 does increase spell damage 250% (3.5x more proc dmg total)

All the Paladin Epics had their Proc Rate changed from 0 to 50. This means 50% more procing for a total 150% proc rate = 1.5x normal rate to proc (faster). This value might get changed if over powered.

Just imagine with more than 1 Paladin in the group, how much easier it would be for a group to survive, and thats without clicking a heal, its auto attack procs.

1.0 = 100 dmg /w small group heal
1.5 = 500 dmg /w small group heal
2.0 = 1000 dmg /w small group heal
2.5 = 1500 dmg /w 1500-2200 Group Heal
3.0 = 3000 dmg /w 3000-3700 Group Heal
4.0 = 5000 dmg /w 5000-5700 Group Heal

Titanium and SoF Spells are now available for download.

Warriors should still have the edge with stonewall, and dual wielding their weapons, and even dual slotting their Anger Augs, for a total of 4 Augs. Epic 4.0's got an extra slot type 4 now. So a 4.0 Warrior can wield a total of 6 Anger Augs? Because the Paladin can only wield 1 sword, they probably will have less DPS than a Warrior, but its possible that their survival rate would be same with their heals.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to allow Paladins to use the Anger augs.

The proc effect is actually 2 different spells. The first spell from the proc does damage to a mob, then makes reference to a 2nd spell for a group heal. Here are the effects of the 2 in 1 spell proc.

Here are some screenshots, including the healing from an Oracle Level 50 focus on a Paladin 3.0 Epic.

Here is an Ultimate Charm. Just imagine with the focus for 300% more spell damage and 600% more healing, how powerful the Paladin 3.0 would be!

Enjoy!

Hunter
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:10:03 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:48 am »

I will test them in the morning.  I am concerned about the size of the heal as the goal isn't to make clerics obsolete.  I will post my findings.
Murrjok
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:50:27 am »

I think that heal might be too big, But. Only one way to find out. Is that a base heal or?

Edit * Also proc rate comes into play.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:54:11 am by Murrjok » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 03:19:24 am »

I will test them in the morning.  I am concerned about the size of the heal as the goal isn't to make clerics obsolete.  I will post my findings.

I'm sure Clerics will still be needed. If a Paladin goes too long without a proc, could end up with a dead group. Still need heals cast from Cleric at the right time to survive, among other tactics. Those are the values for testing, but yeah they could change. I might lower the 3.0 Epic and leave the 4.0 where it is. Then other Epic's 1.0 thru 2.5 would be much lower.

Awaiting test results, procs per minute, total heals, total damage, DPS, etc.

Keep me posted.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:31:46 am »

Where is Uxt when ya need him?
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 04:57:02 am »

Still in hope SK are next here somewhere otherwise all will have happend here is making us the poor cousin to warrs and pallys. Taking into account Pallys also got a wep increase 4 weeks ago and Warriors were already severly overpowered to the other classes. I am sure something is planned and this is a one by one thing, just speaking up for all the poor SKs out there:)P
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 05:06:15 am »

Still in hope SK are next here somewhere otherwise all will have happend here is making us the poor cousin to warrs and pallys. Taking into account Pallys also got a wep increase 4 weeks ago and Warriors were already severly overpowered to the other classes. I am sure something is planned and this is a one by one thing, just speaking up for all the poor SKs out there:)P

SK's get a super life tap. They don't need anything right now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Murrjok
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:32 am »

I figure it wont matter, but i dont run titanium, Using SoF for the test. Will just be an unknown spell.
Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:27:18 am »

DPS seems a little low still, a mild boost and it looks about right, its currently a DoT as Dmg. Maybe change it to DD. Sorcers  charm has no effect on it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:50:29 am by Murrjok » Logged
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:14 am »

SK's get a super life tap. They don't need anything right now.

I was working from:

Maybe give the SK a similar proc that the Necor pet has, that procs a damage on the mobs that does a group heal to the players group?

For Paladin, I could give a group heal proc, but that won't help with DPS.

SK and Paladins will definately get something, cause I'd like to see more of them.

I agree, our taps are awsome, but the fact remains Warriors are still a lot lot better, with the new updates paladins will be as well. Our taps help us only, do nothing for the grp, add no dps, no cures, no heals to grp and no additional dps to adds. In a grp situation we will be offtanks at best and cant out agro a warrior.

I had to start a warrior myself as I dont think we are anywhere near as powerful, as for seeing more SK's, all that will happen now is less.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 06:09:34 am »

My power went out for the 1st hour of testing. I'm going to log in again to do my own testing, get some screen shots, etc.

How does it work with the 0.3 minute DoT on the mob? If the mob is already dotted, then I assume the next proc won't add any more damage? Just refreshes the DoT? If thats the cast, and Paladins can proc more than once every 6 seconds, then maybe I'll just edit that to a DD?

Anyone tells with Oracle or Ultimate Charm to see how the group healing is? I think the weapon by default already has 40% healing but a 100%-500% heal bonus from charm would over-write that anyways.

Keep me posted everyone. How much did you DPS go up? How does it compare to Warriors? I want to get close to Warriors, but not better, in the DPS. Don't forget you can Aug your weapons with Dmg proc weapons as well. I'm sure adding Paladins to the Anger Aug would make a HUGE difference.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Murrjok
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:11:38 am »

Maybe 200 dps it went up, from 1800~ to 2000 witht he DoT, it just refreshes every proc, I doubt any paladin here has Ultimate charm. And Sorcers doesnt work on DoT.

Its not even close to warriors, the Upgrade in DPS was minimum, however the Healing is very nice. 20k crits with no oracles with FoH, and 30k crits with just Oracle's focus 1 + FoH.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:14:25 am by Murrjok » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:29 am »

Gotcha, Sorcer's don't work on DoT's.

1) Does another proc add more dmg? Or just refresh the DoT?

2) How often do Paladins Proc? Under every 6 seconds?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Murrjok
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 06:15:14 am »

Its random, can proc one every 6-9 seconds. It doesnt add more dmg, just refreshes it.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:33 am »

For sake of Sorcer Charm, I'll switch it to DD instead of DoT.

Also, I might be able to adjust the proc rate on the Epic =)

Going to make the rest of them, 1.0 thru 2.5 and then post including the SoF file.

Will require another reboot (manual) when I'm done.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053