Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:09:00 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 2 More Instances  (Read 14458 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 05:08:05 pm »

This update DOES help low level players, just as it helped in PoTimea. It REMOVES competition from high level boxers. You may not realize it, but when high level players are farming Lguk, they are often on multiple toons and possibly multiple (if not all) Lguk camps.

Watch and see. This is just what the server needed. It won't make Lguk a cakewalk, but it will be twice as easy to get your quest drops without the high end farmers.

Now, if we could just make the bazaar work and get a standardized price economy going on the drops, farmers would not hoard so many items and things would cool down even more.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »

This update DOES help low level players, just as it helped in PoTimea. It REMOVES competition from high level boxers. You may not realize it, but when high level players are farming Lguk, they are often on multiple toons and possibly multiple (if not all) Lguk camps.

Watch and see. This is just what the server needed. It won't make Lguk a cakewalk, but it will be twice as easy to get your quest drops without the high end farmers.

Now, if we could just make the bazaar work and get a standardized price economy going on the drops, farmers would not hoard so many items and things would cool down even more.

How many newer players you know with hundreds of thousands of plat to just throw away?

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 05:36:39 pm »

How many newer players you know with hundreds of thousands of plat to just throw away?

They don't have to, the High Level toons farming for boxes (The ones that usually act like douches in these zones) buy their own instance and the noobs share amongst themselves.

Blood of the Akkadian
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »

They don't have to, the High Level toons farming for boxes (The ones that usually act like douches in these zones) buy their own instance and the noobs share amongst themselves.

It's been brought up before, the douchebags farming for greed are still going to farm out the public version.  Why waste 100k when you're just being greedy?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 06:06:50 pm »

It's been brought up before, the douchebags farming for greed are still going to farm out the public version.  Why waste 100k when you're just being greedy?

It's been brought up before, why spend all that time waiting in the open zone when you can just spend 100k to get a guild zone.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:09 pm »

It's been brought up before, why spend all that time waiting in the open zone when you can just spend 100k to get a guild zone.

You apparently fail at reading comprehension, so let me restate.  The purpose of this is to benefit the new players.  How many new players do YOU know with hundreds of thousands of plat to blow?

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 07:46:50 pm »

It's been brought up before, the douchebags farming for greed are still going to farm out the public version.  Why waste 100k when you're just being greedy?

Troll. if you want to be pissy and turn this into a flame thread, perhaps you should look into the rants section of the forum. The benefits of this new instance option have been explained. It narrows the field by giving a some people an alternative.

Someone farming items to trade is not greed, it's economy. Yes, there are a few rude people, just like everywhere else on planet earth. But being a farmer does necessitate being rude, nor does camping items for personal use.  

100k plat is a few hours work at low levels. Read my newb plat guide in the guide section of this forum. Compare to 5 hours waiting for a camp to open (for each item).

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:48:57 pm by swamphy » Logged
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 07:51:23 pm »

yea, its really easy to get 100 diamonds in 30min in velketor lab, which is about 20kp. quicker if ya have dps.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:27:41 pm »

You apparently fail at reading comprehension, so let me restate.  The purpose of this is to benefit the new players.  How many new players do YOU know with hundreds of thousands of plat to blow?

I didn't misunderstand anything ya jerk. It has been pointed out numerous times, of which you have ignored equally that the high end people will make an instance to have the zone to themselves with ALL the camps in lguk along with it. This will in turn leave the main zone to the noobs. And before you say something about people who are farming so they can get a 3.0 run, those are still noobs. Stop being a jerk and you'll get farther.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:24:05 pm by Xiggie » Logged

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 09:42:17 pm »

100k for 24 hours is great. just means next time i am going to do it for like 4 boxes at once. can hold all the camps get my stuff and not bother anyone else.

i played emu servers for a while and EZ sat under 200 people for a long time and now it hits 400+ every night. glad to see changes being made to accommodate the growth as i am pretty much part of the new crowd, i had a 65 or 70 toon like a year ago but never made it out of BoT until i started playing again recently.

i am new and i sit with over 100k in my bank. been buying 2 guild instances a day and still have positive cash flow,  instanced are to keep the more progressed people out of the normal zone for new people, i would easily pay 100k for a ssoy, KD, mith2h some days because i am sick waiting in like for a camp. so for 100k to have the zone to myself seems like a great idea. even if you dont have 100k it will help you a ton. it just means uber people wont have to bother the normal zone so the newer people can get their items with less competition. there is no perfect fix for the issue but, i think this fix is a step in the right direction.

lets all hope for ldon next!
Slackoff01

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 10:37:03 pm »

I didn't misunderstand anything ya jerk. It has been pointed out numerous times, of which you have ignored equally that the high end people will make an instance to have the zone to themselves with ALL the camps in lguk along with it. This will in turn leave the main zone to the noobs. And before you say something about people who are farming so they can get a 3.0 run, those are still noobs. Stop being an asshole, you'll get farther.

Exactly, how effin hard was that to figure out. Its not as if Hunter said alright your all screwed now Lguk is ONLY an instance, PAY ME BITCHES!...

This was just what was needed.

OMG that is Justin Timberlake,, never knew he played on EZ

/nice duck face
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 10:54:05 pm »

plat is very easy to get, new or old
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »

Oh yeah this is really good for players on both ends of the spectrum because I can now go in there and camp items without having to take up spots from anyone else, win win.

Poop
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 08:55:09 pm »

gnaughty makes the plat rain when he zones in

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 05:00:24 am »

platinum rain? gnome parade
Pages: 1 [2]
Print