Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:04:50 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Bard Guide  (Read 19979 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »

I tried all of them. I move no faster with the songs than without them.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 06:02:10 pm »

Natural run speed, (with aa's but no buffs) is 171.43. I tried all 4 selo's. Selo's SoT, Selo's Acc Chor, and Selo's Acc all changed my run speed from 171.43 to 165. Selo's RoS did not effect my run speed at all, left it at 171.43. The T2 boots put my run speed at 200. From there none of the songs effected it at all. I can fraps it if you want me to. I have tested this at various times on this server for the 4 or 5 years I have been playing here and it has never worked. I have also tested this on tit, sof, sod, and uf and got the same results. I have also tested this without mq2 loaded up.

Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Selos works for me. It's the only way my group can keep up with me while using the max run speed clicky.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 06:30:54 pm »

Did you use the /echo ${Me.Speed} command to find out how fast you are moving? I have never seen it work on EZ.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »

Works for me. Did not use to but between when I played my bard and this week something changed in source. /shrug

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:09:39 pm »

Selos works for me. It's the only way my group can keep up with me while using the max run speed clicky.

Same here Selos has worked for a good amount of time.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:12:39 pm »

Yeah, I am hearing others in game saying the same thing. Not sure what the deal is. Tried on 2 different toons that are 2 different races. Odd.

Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

Selo's has stacking issues. If you have the buff bot pack buff (I think it's the BST group buff?), Selo's won't land.

Remember, it does a short-duration speed buff (2 minutes). It's not just the song pulse.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

I tried it with and without buffs. It works on other servers but not here. Hell, I have even had to restart my eq client from scratch after losing a hard drive a while back and still no different.

Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 09:32:06 pm »

I tried it with and without buffs. It works on other servers but not here. Hell, I have even had to restart my eq client from scratch after losing a hard drive a while back and still no different.

And you're using the second-highest level song, right? The one without lev?

There's an obvious speed boost when I use it.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 10:17:50 pm »

I used all 4 one at a time. Tried it in every various combination I could think of, (with and without epics, just one epic, etc.).

jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 03:43:07 am »

ss of nothing on bard runspeed and then another of fastest runspeed click and selo's both show the same speed boost and didn't seem to start working for me along time back til i got bard aa selo's enduring cadence no clue why
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 09:27:28 am »

i remember there being a time when i first started that selo didnt work when i first made my bard but it most certaintly works now. After running around hoh all weekend with fastest travel i outrun my selo'd toons (although only by a very little bit) and anyone whos out of group who has to settle with guide journey is pretty much left in the dust every time. Stupid question but are you using underfoot? Im assuming you are, i remember it worked right around the time i made the switch from SOD, so maybe its based on what client your running?
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

using that neat little command Xiggie posted i get the following, seems selos and fastest speed are pretty equal

no buffs - [MQ2]200.00
selos - [MQ2] 256.00
fastest run speed - [MQ2] 255.00

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 10:48:34 am »

Honestly I have no room for selos. Other songs are far more important.....especially Bashful Crusty Asians,  Tempest Blade 3 and stampede of the wee wees. I cant see why would chose a slight run speed buff over the bard's regen song or stampede, tbh.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 204