Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:53:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: selos not needed?  (Read 5696 times)
Gavotte

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:11:27 pm »

It was wierd, I have been running around and since I played old school Eq1 for a few years I loved the speed of the bard/selos. However I noticed that my bard quickly outpaces my other toons without selos as if it is not even needed. I just click on Jboots bought off newb vendor and run fast as hell compared to other toons.
  So is selos completely a waste of a spell slot?

This brings another curiosity. If selos is a waste, stuff like selos and selos song of travel are useless and now I know why I keep burning my auto follows in the dust and have to stop and wait for them to catch up lol....
Demin
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:40 pm »

I just use the selos with levitate component if I need to levitate. Otherwise, yeah...no need.  Also, I learned on Live back in...2001? that you should make your bard follow another toon so he doesn't outpace them all, especially if there is some lag.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:16:34 am by Demin » Logged
Gavotte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:21:31 pm »

Ah cool selos not needed. Yea I have never boxed before but I did play a bard on live about 8 years ago =P.... I was a solo bard pretty much 90 percent of the time and loved to swarm kite etc.
  I tried regular EQ(one month subscription) just a bit ago and hated all the changes. The bard was just not the same.

Anyway thanks. I will remember to put me as the follower of others =P
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:58:26 pm »

on live it is a waste when you buy the aa Smiley
Gavotte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:56:04 pm »

Didn't play live long enough for that AA to be implemented. I think I stopped around just when Planes of power came out. I was already getting bored as things started to drastically change.  Before that I remember you could increase base run speed but selos was still king if I remember right.
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 03:22:19 am »

Selos was king for a LONG time after PoP, if I remember right it wasn't until around GoD that Selo's started to lose its supremacy. My playtime drastically reduced around that time so I don't remember anymore :-/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 204