Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:14:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UGH!! Help needed!  (Read 7572 times)
Dookie

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »

Couldn't find where else to ask this, and cannot figure out my issue. I'm about a week into project99 when i realize I don't want to regrind all of those 500+ play time days, So I found this server and was playing on my titanium. Well after realizing I was playing on the wrong set up, I downloaded the Rof files and set them up. After messing about I found that I could get the game to start up, select server, But it crashes with no error code right after select server, it doesn't even pull up the loading screen. I've tried changing resolutions, and deleting ini files. I need suggestions!! PLEASE.

edit; I've also done the patchme, and tried running in administrator mode
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:22:51 pm by Dookie » Logged
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »

I would probably download the whole RoF2 client again - Start over fresh - With the symptoms you're having you could possibly be missing files, so make sure you get all 10 parts (link in the EZ-guide)

Edit : You're right - 10 files Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:59:51 pm by Ekiir » Logged

Dookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:37:57 pm »

Hmm, seems to be 10 files for RoF. But either way I do have them all.  Sad Well this sucks, I had to go to a friends to download the files due to living in a rural area, it'll take me 3 more days to download. Let  me know if you have any other ideas.
Peign
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 09:23:39 pm »

The rof2 files can be found here:   http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

7 downloads and includes missing files.
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:25:26 pm »

The wiki has a decent guide for getting set up including links to everything you need. If you can't get RoF to work, you can try the UF client.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 09:52:50 pm »

EZServerHowTo Setup Files

If all else fails.

Dookie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

Downloading the UF client, ROF had too many corrupt files for me to do anything with. =/
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

I downloaded all 10 on my nephews tower today (working on upgrading him some) and had zero issues. None of the files are corrupt, no issues whatsoever. Need to follow the directions on setup I stated in the guide, exactly: do not put the game into another older client folder. NEVER use any loader, patcher, etc.....always use the shortcut method. Shouldnt need to add any files to that 10 part RoF2 zip....its complete as it sits. Run the client from a base folder, NOT a program files subdirectory. C:\EZRoF2 or whatever you wanna name the folder is best. And RUN AS ADMIN! Both your client and MQ2 should run as admin.

Hope that helps.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

Also try to download the correct directX 9.0C or w/e this requires. I believe there is a folder on that download with the correct files you need to install. No matter what I do I can't get my toons to stop crashing which lead to me not playing.. fkn fk.

Keeze
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 05:33:36 pm »

I just DL the 10 files for ROF2, nothing else. Works fine. I don't need to run as admin. Using Windows 10 Pro.

As said, install in a clean folder, install in a folder not in the Windows or other system folders (Program Files) etc.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 243