Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:39:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 29561 times)
Loveborne

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2015, 01:34:18 am »

Hate and myself have made you a Christmas event... however, something went very wrong in the process.

The goblins have gotten in our way, again. I am afraid there is nothing we can do to help.

Please, enjoy whatever festivities the goblins will allow!

Merry Christmas!

-Love and Hate
Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:20:04 am »

The burnt gingerbread item isn't working for me. I use it on myself after equipping and I am fear immune.  I use on mobs outside of combat and it doesn't take hold.  Haven't tried it on another character.
For those curious, I got a goblinstrike x aug, equivalent to same level icestrike and no drop.  Aslo a gingerbread illusion clicky for anyone and spell for enchanter.  Lotta potions and some platinum too.  Also some prismatic charms, in about half to 1/3 the boxes.  Seen two types of presents drop rarely from goblins, red and black boxes.  Potions in both, more often in black.  Potions tend to overwhelm your inventory very fast, so I just been deleting them as I get them.  They are potions forms of spells from all over game, including t10.
Since items come in presents you got to open, you don't know what your char will or won't get.
Also, I have been killing the portals.  Some are not attackable, but all have been since i saw those.  No loot from them and from what others have said.  Unlikely, that killing them is meant in the event.  They are beefy.  Stopped killing them since no loot and very slow kills.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:39:01 am by Stikkan » Logged
Kemaal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 08:34:30 am »

How does one access said event?
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:26:00 am »

Create an instance of Nexus or Stonehive I think

Hanzo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:52:31 am »

And clench up if you aren't T6+.  I keep getting wrecked everytime I try to zone into my instance Nexus, as these things are roamers/camping the zone in location.
Viciouss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 02:57:57 pm »

Loving the event. Fun to watch the death loops for people, then other people helping out to clear the zone while people grab their bearings.

Was it intended for the boxes to be req 78 to open?
Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:21:50 pm »

Since Christmas and giving go together, I had an idea to upgrade the drops of prismatic charms in these boxes.  I have been looting on my warrior that's level 78, as boxes require level checks to open and well just survive the stampedes of goblins.  Not a single charm I have looted, nor any other player my level is useful to them, while an item that gives a guaranteed charm (after you got random gift originally) as gift or charm itself to another player would be tremendously amazing during this event.  Especially once double loot affects them!  The evolution of re-gifting can be twice the giving! haha
Also if we do this, any chance we can do this with other gifts? I looted the goblinstrike/icestrike on my war that is lower level and would be amazing on twink chars or surprise a newb!
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 04:18:13 pm »

Christmas Event article up on wiki - (stub for now, but add to it as you figure more info) Smiley

Main wiki "logo" on front page also links to Christmas article

Merry Christmas!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:20:48 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
wendel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 07:50:45 pm »

Merry Christmas, I guess this "event" was designed to get me to spend time with my wife lol
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 07:52:25 pm »

ROFL, should have been called repaving nexus with the gooey stuff inside noobs while the goblins steamroll the zone.  Much love for high body counts, welcome to t10 in nexus Smiley

Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 08:56:05 pm »

I figured it out.  Sharing as little as possible, send tell in game if you want the spoilers.  Secret to it all, just keep killing in your own private instance until port.
Also, the expensively wrapped gift dropped worse stuff for me than the other presents, although guaranteed aug perhaps.  Intended to include lowest ranked augs?
Also, the mechanism that ports me ported my raid entirely first go around.  2nd trip through port and only warrior went and had to solo to complete, slow grind but doable.
I really like this event, I just can't get anything useful to go to the char with the presents.  Always randomizing after looting the item initially just puts less player choice in the mix and makes it a tremendous pain to put any of these items on any of your chars unless you just get it right the first time.. or actually get augs your level to drop.

Edit: portal spawns in nexus briefly that doesn't line up with its location.  Gotta run around if to find port spot.
Edit#2: might wanna extend the duration that portals to goblin island remain up, or fix them.  I often struggle with all my chars to get them through.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:30:15 am by Stikkan » Logged
Moruk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

I enjoy the event so far, my group of 6 is finishing up uc2's and will start ToV soon.  I can kill the gobs but its slow going.

Two changes would be awesome:
- remove goblins from public Nexus, if you are bound there like a lot of people you risk a death loop.  Lower level toons have no chance to escape.  I got stuck in a death loop with 5 of my 6 for a long time before someone cleared out the group of gobs camping the bind spot. I'm bound elsewhere now but it wasted a lot of my time trying to break out of the loop

- I love the idea of the presents but the no drop aspect of the "good stuff" means that my warrior is going to have an inventory of stuff he can't use. I don't dare loot a good gift on another toon and risk losing that beautiful X weapon (like deamon looted).  I just wish there was some alternative to allow the items to go to the toon that can use it in your group
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:47:52 am by Moruk » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

Added a small invulnerability on zoning for all zones to help combat the goblin menace.
I also lowered Nexus and Stone Hive gate clicks to 3 second casts to help get people in/out of harm faster.

Good luck out there...they ganked my tea. :-(

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »

double loot or just an "event"?

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 01:18:43 pm »

I an going to be MIA until dell can get a tech out to fix my #$@$@#$@#$@$@% laptop....again... stupid 180w adapter issues again.... but the event I could see looked fun....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 170