Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:11:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: T11  (Read 21925 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »

I read a lot of things in here and have had folks mention many good ideas or just general notes. Warrchar did a lot to project some of his ideas as well that is good to see

I still want to hear more about content styles that folks like to see, even if it relates to things they played on Live that they really enjoyed (Not just nostalgically and actually sucked). Do folks want to see more mission, task style content, keyed progression, armor progression etc.

What type of content was enjoyable on EZ, what type of quests were enjoyable are all things that we're opening to hearing at this point in the thread

What we're not looking to do is radically change the content pattern of EZ and reinvent a ton of concepts and force our current content styles into molds that just doesn't work.

Rent and I had done the T10 revamp and the Halloween zone with the same idea in mind and we're not planning on changing that. The goal would be to keep content true to form but bring new things to the table

EZ Server GM
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 10:24:42 pm »

Akka, do you think there is an open possibility of some sort of catch-up mechanic for players in Tier10+?

Even if there were item drops that allowed players to obtain an Epic 5.0 stone without grinding Abyss, it would be an absolute godsend.

Outside of that, I had an idea of random chance boss spawns similar to how PoDragons works with mini-named NPCs. This would help break up the grindy grind, and add a bit of surprise and fun!

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 10:30:55 pm »

Akka, do you think there is an open possibility of some sort of catch-up mechanic for players in Tier10+?

Even if there were item drops that allowed players to obtain an Epic 5.0 stone without grinding Abyss, it would be an absolute godsend.

Outside of that, I had an idea of random chance boss spawns similar to how PoDragons works with mini-named NPCs. This would help break up the grindy grind, and add a bit of surprise and fun!

I believe I already responded to the "catch-up" inquiry earlier

If there are reasonable suggestions on some bridge gaps we'll consider them, otherwise I'm a firm believer of people playing new toons through the content even if you are powering through it which there have been plenty of mechanisms made available to do this

EZ Server GM
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 10:35:08 pm »

Somehow I had missed that post. Thanks!

I totally get that you'd prefer people to go through the content. When we have several ultimate weapons, you can be sure we have exhausted most of the zones, but anyway, i 100% get your point here.

Looking forward to seeing some new great ideas in action.

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 07:50:20 am »

Demi Plane of Blood was good raid zone also not the mechanics of that raid cause boxing with emote to single players would be insanely hard, but the layout of the zone was cool. If we are gonna do 2 tiered armor i like the idea of seperating the zone according to gear. The faction based kill quest i dont really go crazy over but it isnt terrible, one thing i would do is maybe not make the faction not a quest i personally have missed hails and toons are all different lvs of faction now lol. I do like the idea of power sources that was always a cool feature imo cause the different power sources changed how the armor was. If we do power sources make them rechargeable and not crazy hard to recharge plz. Could also do a evolving armor were the starting armor dubious faction and as your faction gets better so does the armor.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:52:30 am by Rakharth » Logged

Kaide

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 08:19:57 am »

I really liked depths of darkhollow, with the sets of 5 tasks that unlocked more areas etc.. finally getting that lvl 68 spell for each class was awesome at the time. also the random chance for unique items like the shrink earring was nice.  I can't really tell if that is nostalgia talking or it was actually good content. Those tasks were my first attempt at boxing effectively so most likely nostalgia.

also im a fan for climbing towers. like Tower of Rot, pillars of alra, Gyrospire etc..

maybe these are just markers for masochism.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 03:10:32 pm »

Tossing out some more thoughts about T11.

Tier type:
Personally I don't want a new dungeon crawler like Anguish. I think it's repetitive and gets old pretty fast. Only exception being if it was just a smaller part of a quest or key progression.
For me, Sunderock is pretty good in that it is a large zone and has a hub where you find various quests and tasks to go to diff. areas to explore and kill. I also like the respawn timer on the mobs. That's not to say one couldn't include smaller zones for off-quests for either progression items or keyed for certain events. Would actually be really nice to switch zones once in a while for a variety of scenery, while still working on the new content.

I like the idea of keyed progression. The way I look at that idea is to have a hub zone which serves as the main area, and at some point after dying/raging and farming, you get flagged for a mini zone, like Fear Itself or some other smaller zone, where you fight various mob types progressively harder than the last, with a chance for chain spawning bosses and top it with a collect quest off end chain bosses to help spawning a final end tier boss.

Quests:
It would be nice if some of the quests were related to other zones, i.e. Fear Itself, shortname: thuledream. It's a really cool zone, but too small for a new tier alone. Also important to remember that some have 20+ characters and like to used them all. Nice if some quests follow the same idea as in T10 where being in raid gives credit. It would be interesting if some of the tasks had a timer on it to make it more exciting. Not strong enough? Not worthy of the reward, keep grinding Smiley

Armor/items:
I think this is a tough one, really. We have been actively farming for Glowing Sun Shards for quite a while now, one of the rarest items in the game, even more so than the GSoA. I guess I am trying to say that UA should still be important in a way, besides when breaking into the new tier. Perhaps a quest to upgrade the UA pieces in addition to a new armor line for the rest of your characters. I do think the new tier should be balanced around having at least main tank with Ultimate armor and UW12.

For the new armor line I think T10 is good in that you actually need to work to get the reward. Sure you can hang out with a partner and snag kills to get faction, but it's still a better option than to buy the loot drops from other players.

Difficulty:
I'm sure everyone will agree with having the new tier super challenging. It's not fun if you aren't dying, working on tactics and strategies to counter this and that. I just hope we can get some mechanics that can be countered with time, gear, strategies, positioning, buffs, AA's and what not. I guess what I'm saying is the obstacles shouldn't be stupid with no means to avoid it eventually with time and effort.
The new tier should be full of surprises and I think it would be good of many of the surprises focused on main agro. Dead tank usually leads to dead raid. Also abilities that target specific classes, like healers. Some could be more merciless than others. Some could just give out emote warnings and it's up to you to act accordingly before it's too late. Anything to put your skills to the test, as I believe in having knowledge about how the classes play and what their abilities are, should reward a player.

Maps:
Dusting off my EQEmu server these days to check out various zones because some of the zones up to RoF are not available on EZ currently.
These may or may not serve much purpose, but I will keep updating when I find zones that might be interesting in the following weeks.

Dragonscale Hills - Large outdoor zone

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=539

Fear Itself - Smaller outdoor zone

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=756

Beasts's Domain

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=810

PS: Contested spawns only available in a public zone sounds good in theory, but it won't work on EZ in my opinion. It would just lead to too much drama.

Maybe this will be a new quest mount? Looks awesome Grin

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »

I know when tier progression was discussed when Hate was working on T10 rollout, his vision was to keep things to a +5 level gut check.  Basically he was saying that T5 is a check point to prune the players who weren't in it for the long haul from the hardcores.  T6+ zones were harsh at the outset, but once you spent time in the zones gearing up they became pretty trivial and you could hit the next one. T10 was supposed to be another point where the hardcore could stick it out by grinding hard but anyone who put time into it could still proceed at their own pace. 

I guess in order to give feedback that the dev team (Akka and wru Rent?) is looking for, we kind of need to know what the vision is for the next tier(s) going forward.  Like is T11 going to be more of a catch up and bridge to the next tier? If T11 is a prelude to a T12, it could have it's own itemization independent of Ultimate Armor with armor on par with T10 UA that won't be able to be upgraded while also dropping UA upgrade pieces.  Or is T11 going to be the next big bad that we'll be farming into the unforeseen future (considering T10 is nearing 3 years old)?  Though I haven't been active in this thread, I've been following the feedback given. In order to give my own, it would help to know some of the baseline parameters.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 05:30:32 pm »

I know when tier progression was discussed when Hate was working on T10 rollout, his vision was to keep things to a +5 level gut check.  Basically he was saying that T5 is a check point to prune the players who weren't in it for the long haul from the hardcores.  T6+ zones were harsh at the outset, but once you spent time in the zones gearing up they became pretty trivial and you could hit the next one. T10 was supposed to be another point where the hardcore could stick it out by grinding hard but anyone who put time into it could still proceed at their own pace. 

I guess in order to give feedback that the dev team (Akka and wru Rent?) is looking for, we kind of need to know what the vision is for the next tier(s) going forward.  Like is T11 going to be more of a catch up and bridge to the next tier? If T11 is a prelude to a T12, it could have it's own itemization independent of Ultimate Armor with armor on par with T10 UA that won't be able to be upgraded while also dropping UA upgrade pieces.  Or is T11 going to be the next big bad that we'll be farming into the unforeseen future (considering T10 is nearing 3 years old)?  Though I haven't been active in this thread, I've been following the feedback given. In order to give my own, it would help to know some of the baseline parameters.

Whether T11 is a bridge tier or not is up for debate and entirely depends on material and the feedback we hear from you guys. T11 could certainly end up being a soft bridge tier for keying into T12 but that is yet to be determined

Ultimately, we're going to be fine with whatever it is we end up making. But, this community belongs to you guys and you have every right to chime into your playing experience

EZ Server GM
Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 01:13:24 pm »

Whether T11 is a bridge tier or not is up for debate and entirely depends on material and the feedback we hear from you guys. T11 could certainly end up being a soft bridge tier for keying into T12 but that is yet to be determined

Ultimately, we're going to be fine with whatever it is we end up making. But, this community belongs to you guys and you have every right to chime into your playing experience
[/quote]

When I originally got together with the guild and we hashed out the T11 concept we tried to make the best thing we could without adding to many new zones or content ideas out of a fear of development time being much to long to be practical.

Now I have not been on this server very long, I don't know anything about adding content to these servers or how hard it is to make up a new task or quest or instance zone. Could we get some kind of development timeline it would take or idea of what the limit should be as far as how many new instances or zones,quests etc. we can work with. I wouldn't want to see us try to squeeze so much new content into a T11  that we end up taking 3 years of Rent and Akkadius free time to built out, even if it did end up being the most amazing content.

We could all probably make a near endless laundry list of things we would love to see or have in a new zone or content  but I think we need to really narrow down the scope of what exactly were working with. Some kind of a rough framework that we can then fit our ideas into and decide what can stay for a T11 and what should be pushed to a future tier of content if that makes sense.  

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2019, 08:06:10 pm »

After giving this additional consideration, I’m thinking more and more we’re due for a “bridge tier.” T10 was a gut check, and honestly not one I would want to repeat right now. I think T11 could afford to be a more fun spirited and less “grindy” experience more in line with T4, T6 or T8. I also imagine it’s less taxing on Akka and Rent to produce a “bridge tier.” A smaller zone with simple progression and some nice UA/UW augs / other drops would be fun. Personally, I would rather Akka and Rent spend more time coming up with cool new items than complex progression schemes and intricate quest lines.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2019, 08:44:20 am »

After many years with no new tier, I think the most important thing from a players perspective is to get new end game content going as soon as time and RL permits. I wouldn't want us to make huge concepts either, if that means burning out devs and taking ages to complete, if we could do a smaller bridge tier that contains some of the ideas we toss around in here and have a more realistic time frame on it.

I do think we have quite a few ideas on what we want to see more of in the coming tier though. So I guess it more or less breaks down to if it should be a bridge to T12 or a larger tier like T10. I like both ideas, really. Though I would probably prefer the option that has the fastest implementation.

Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2019, 03:51:52 pm »

We might be better able to narrow down some ideas on what T11 should be based around with a series of forum votes.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2020, 05:21:19 pm »

I'd like no armor upgrades, if you want better armor go get the T10 UA. But if Armor needs to drop it's inferior to the UA. Accessories upgrade would be nice.

Ssra was my favorite zone and I wouldn't mind seeing the same Ssra but a brutally hard Ssra, that involved getting keys and stuff like Live.

And can we have no more robes for Druid and monk ever again?
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2020, 05:41:12 pm »

I think monks look awesome in robes!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members