Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 08:50:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 8/23/2015  (Read 23889 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:33:34 pm »

New Spell File Available 8-23-2015

AA System Revamp
  • Thousands of new AA's were added to the database, however most of the higher level requirement AA's are still the original live requirement levels until we decide to bring the requirements down.
  • There are plenty of new AA's within the existing level ranges and their prices have been adjusted due to the attainable rates on EZ
  • You will have to re-purchase your AA's (Because the entire system has been redone), they have been retrieved from spent and brought back into unspent. If you had more than 1,000,000 unspent, they have been set to 1,000,000 + your original spent.
  • If you find any noticable issues with AA's in general, please report them on the forums. If you find a game breaking ability, report it to hateborne@gmail.com and akkadius1@gmail.com and we will make sure you are compensated appropriately. If you are found exploiting a game breaking AA, not to say that there are any out there, you will be either suspended or banned. Play nicely my friends.

Changes

T10 BETA Testing
  • Testing details will be pending per Hateborne

Donations
  • Will no longer be fulfilled after the 23rd until further notice. EZ Credits will remain in game.

If anyone has any questions or wants to report issues on this update, use this thread. Thank you.

-Akkadius
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:35:25 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:39:51 pm »

Strange situation - with the new aa's I've gained a new spell gem. When I try to meme a spell in that spot the spell does not load. Additionally, I can not cast any other spells or target anyone but my own character.

:/

Deadend
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »

Did a couple quick t8 runs since update and ran into this:

On about every 3rd pull mobs on incoming would just run to and obliterate my mask toon (zerker), druid, enchanter, paladin, etc.. whatever was closest instead of heading to warrior.

I delay my attack macro until i get the bosses in sight (to avoid ping pong summons, etc) so these toons werent attacking or AE'n or anything along those lines. I stopped druid regen entirely, druid would still get popped.. mask toon obv wasnt recasting mask upon early death, would still get sucker punched every 3rd pull or so.

So it doesnt seem to be active buffs (regen.sld, etc).. It might be geared toward constant buffs (VT, XP Mask, OAK3, etc) since it seemed to pick on toons that had buffed the warrior (in the distance past, mind you).

It made t8 a chore, which was a shame cuz with triple attack t8 was feeling a bit like t6 on the first few pulls. A chore to the point i switched to abyss so i wouldnt have to deal with wonky aggro.

Source change, things get silly, we all get it. Smiley just wanted to toss out a report on it.

Oh and Akk: about the UW stuff... Its something tied to the warrior, he's just a beast with glasses popped now. I noticed XP spam before i even had zerkers messaged to attack a mob at all. And with zerkers and other UWs going, it didn't exponentially boost dps to a multiple one would expect based on the improved warrior.. So /shrug. I'm thinking it might be some combo of warrior triple attack + earring 50 thats causing exceptional performance. I'll keep testing things.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:34:43 pm »

Did a couple quick t8 runs since update and ran into this:

On about every 3rd pull mobs on incoming would just run to and obliterate my mask toon (zerker), druid, enchanter, paladin, etc.. whatever was closest instead of heading to warrior.

I delay my attack macro until i get the bosses in sight (to avoid ping pong summons, etc) so these toons werent attacking or AE'n or anything along those lines. I stopped druid regen entirely, druid would still get popped.. mask toon obv wasnt recasting mask upon early death, would still get sucker punched every 3rd pull or so.

So it doesnt seem to be active buffs (regen.sld, etc).. It might be geared toward constant buffs (VT, XP Mask, OAK3, etc) since it seemed to pick on toons that had buffed the warrior (in the distance past, mind you).

It made t8 a chore, which was a shame cuz with triple attack t8 was feeling a bit like t6 on the first few pulls. A chore to the point i switched to abyss so i wouldnt have to deal with wonky aggro.

Source change, things get silly, we all get it. Smiley just wanted to toss out a report on it.

Oh and Akk: about the UW stuff... Its something tied to the warrior, he's just a beast with glasses popped now. I noticed XP spam before i even had zerkers messaged to attack a mob at all. And with zerkers and other UWs going, it didn't exponentially boost dps to a multiple one would expect based on the improved warrior.. So /shrug. I'm thinking it might be some combo of warrior triple attack + earring 50 thats causing exceptional performance. I'll keep testing things.

I did a few runs myself, but didn't notice anything like this. I always tag mobs with anger III while doing large pulls, a very select few get missed now that I'm tagging with Sceptre of Time rather than the super spammable Warrior 3.0 offhand, but the only thing I saw like this all night was my pally get insta raped as a large pull trickled in. Seems his heal aggro has picked up a bit  Tongue

Can easily just get around it by using more cooldowns until more of the pull gets into camp, but it seems to be under control for now. Maybe I'll start throwing chanter Mask buff on pallies if it pops up again.

Should also mention that my warrior is my Mask wielder though  Cool

Something odd I did see was whenever I clicked Group Cure (Reward Item) I was getting spammed by a ton of "Your spell did not hold" errors. Almost like it was attempting to MGB it every time or something.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:33 am »

Well its a proximity aggro issue, i just tagged mind flayer in a buddys illsalin instance and it curbstomped most of his group en route to me in the middle of the alkari house. /shrug.

This isn't isolated, its repeatable. And it certainly was never an issue before. And its so bad i jumped down to solo w/ warrior in t5 to help a buddy because i was sick of rebuffing every 5 minutes. Going to take a closer look at the source notes.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:11:54 am »

Thanks akka and especially thanks for that list of changes thats freaking awesome I love bein able to read up on all that and adjust accordingly.

And the new changes for sure added alot of dps but im also max uw ear 50 so maybe we can hear from someone like harthek with lame gear about what his dps is like now? idk.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »

Strange situation - with the new aa's I've gained a new spell gem. When I try to meme a spell in that spot the spell does not load. Additionally, I can not cast any other spells or target anyone but my own character.

I just tried this and got the same result, had to relog to fix it.

I also noticed that the shared health aa is not working.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »

:/

Deadend

Extra spell gem needs to be properly implemented

EZ Server GM
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »

i didnt have much time to mess around but from the limited time i did have, the only issue i had was my cleric/druid specialization skills resetting after casting your first spell after logging in.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 02:43:14 pm »

Issues thus far:

Warrior's MGB cooldown is 72 minutes, up from 30 minutes, making it so you can't keep your Mask of Experience (60 min duration / cooldown) buff up on the raid.

I believe MGB is working on items but not getting consumed, hence why I was getting spammed everytime I used group cure clicky afterwards. Seems this way for all my toons. Cleric was clicking his epic after buffing the raid and it fired off on the whole raid over and over.

Still haven't seen any wonky aggro from doing more ToV clears today, did you guys update your spell files after the AA update?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:45:17 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »

BTW kiwi, I'm not saying you're full of shit, we just need to identify what is causing it for you and not me and narrow the field. Can't expect anything to get fixed if we tell Hate/Akka "shit's broke, imma go do other stuff bye"  Lips sealed
Drajor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

I've also experienced the prox agro issue. Feels more like live but just means I need to be more careful with positioning.
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 07:45:01 pm »

I noticed I no longer have Pet Discipline AA available on some classes (druid etc) that had it before.   Not sure if it was intended or not just reporting it.   

What an awesome update this was though, seriously, thanks for the hard work you guys
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »

BTW kiwi, I'm not saying you're full of shit, we just need to identify what is causing it for you and not me and narrow the field. Can't expect anything to get fixed if we tell Hate/Akka "shit's broke, imma go do other stuff bye"  Lips sealed

Agreed, thats why i was trying to include as much info as possible. I noticed it far more in t8 / t9.. I'm guessing the reason is I am not anger bombing/3.0'n etc to pull in those zones (there's no real reason to unless you're hunting chain/leather in t9, or at all of course in t8). Feels like a funky EQlive undead aggro.

Just kinda head-scratching, and to some extent, yeah, you can plan your pulls and position all your toons accordingly for the most part. Just annoying when pulling, say, west wing or circle in t8, or anything a zip code away from the lake in t9, since mobs take the scenic route and then pour into pull spot in funky intervals.

Most people I've talked to have experienced the same, its just that no one posts on the boards consistently unless the server is down lol.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 11:07:03 pm »

I think the only reason you wouldn't is if you have it bound to bad keys that are hard to reach =p but for me it's just "tab 2 tab 2 tab 2 tab 2". Just a habit I got into long long time ago, especially after I got a few level of Ult Weapon and was farming lower tier zones. It prevented you from riposte insta killing shit all over the place.

But in the case of t8/t9, the only time I don't use this method is when pulling a large group of humanoids, or any large group of KoS other mobs that I pull with my face. And with those, I still stop a good distance from my team until I get them grouped up just to prevent freakish bard / zerker mishaps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6129
  • Latest: Zandaar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64996
  • Total Topics: 5055
  • Online Today: 157