Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:15:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 84954 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

Just for grins.,.. I ran over to TOFS and tried to zone in.  No go.  Bombed me back to desktop.  Seems like I ran into this once before on Titanium... I'm on UF now.  So, it begs the question... It's probably something simple, but before we jump head long into a project to develop TOFS we need to ensure it's useable on EMU/our clients.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 09:26:29 pm »

Oh yeah, sorry. I'll upload the files to my server :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »

I haven't even tried to zone into ToFS, never been there before.

What is the short name of the zone(s)?

If you can't zone in, is it because of missing files on the client, or need update on the server db?

Edit:

Found the short name

Tower of Frozen Shadow
frozenshadow

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ZoneList

Edit:

I locked out frozenshadow to account status > 1 so its officially under development. Will have to log onto another server currently to view the zone if curious.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:04:47 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fumas227

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »

The short name of the zone is frozenshadow. I zoned in today also to refresh my memory of the zone. I crashed at first, then I copied the frozenshadow files from titanium and overwrote the files in Underfoot, Then I was able to zone in.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:32 pm »

So copying Titanium files from Frozen Shadow to Underfoot fixes it?

Which files were copied? Was it just the race text file? Or something other?

Edit:

frozenshadow_chr.txt seems to be the same in Titanium and in Underfoot. Will check the other files later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:07:43 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fumas227

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »

I copied over frozenshadow_chr.s3d, frozenshadow_sndbnk.eff, frozenshadow_obj.s3d, frozenshadow_sounds.eff, frozenshadow_chr.txt, frozenshadow.s3d, and frozenshadow.xmi.

I have no idea which one fixed the problem though. I would guess maybe frozenshadow_obj.s3d since that is the file I got the error on when I first tried to zone in. But that is just a guess. It may take more than one of the files to fix it.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

http://hateborne.dyndns.org/ezserver/fixes/

Do it.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:27 am »

I copied over frozenshadow_chr.s3d, frozenshadow_sndbnk.eff, frozenshadow_obj.s3d, frozenshadow_sounds.eff, frozenshadow_chr.txt, frozenshadow.s3d, and frozenshadow.xmi.

I have no idea which one fixed the problem though. I would guess maybe frozenshadow_obj.s3d since that is the file I got the error on when I first tried to zone in. But that is just a guess. It may take more than one of the files to fix it.

Are you using the UF client from Hates site? It zones just fine into ToFS, least on my test server anyways.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 07:15:49 am »

I think the UF client hate uses is the same one I loaded when I came back in December.....and if so that zones to ToFS just fine. I did a wee bit of RoA there not too long ago with my wife, since thats her favorite EQ zone.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:46 am »

ToFS is now locked for developement.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

Nice! Awesome that your usen that zone. I had a bunch of fun there when velious originally came out with friends, will be fun to explore it again with new content.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »

As someone who spent a LOT of time in this zone on live, there were 2 named on floor 5 - Nosja (vampire elf model) and Daman (same model as Cara Omica, the ugly green warty witch lady)

There were also about a dozen named "trash" mobs that were wedding guests, zombies and mummies. Honestly, the whole wedding thing should be a 2 boss event to do it justice.

Also, floor 6 has two halves, moving from one to the other didn't require a key. The djinn who dropped the key to floor 7 (not master key) was triggered by killing mobs in the first half of floor 6, then you ported to the 2nd half to engage and kill him.

I'm not saying you should keep the zone the same or even use the same npc models as the original, but the 5th floor is pretty much themed for a wedding, so might as well use it!

If you have any questions about the live version of the zone, I can probably answer them for you.

Also, the floors go in this order:

Going by the map at http://eq.mapfiend.net/map/frozenshadow

1) 2nd from bottom left om map. Floor with the pit in the middle, branching side rooms off the main room, 2 mirrors at the north end. Skeletons, undead gnolls, ice shades. a large undead gnoll drops key.

2) Library area, bottom left on map above. Lots of erudite ghost models. Random dwarf ghost named Zorglim the Dead. Angry Librarian drops key.

3) Upper left on map. Lots of weird hallways. Undead gnolls and suit of armor guys.

4) Top middle on map. Three named, Amontehepna (zombie), a goo, and Cara Omica (drops key)

5) 2nd from bottom left on map. Wedding floor. "An enraged relative" (spectre) drops key

6) Another ghost dwarf model namrd, lots of skeletons and other undead and stuff. I don't remember how to trigger the djinni guy, I think you just randomly killed stuff, then went to 6b and killed him. Top right of map for 6a, bottom right for 6b

7) Vampire bats, drakes, dark elf vampires, and Tserrina, who spawned out of bats randomly. Dropped master key.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:28:02 pm by Griz » Logged
Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 02:13:36 pm »

Something that popped into my head was the portals in bastion of thunder. If you try using them in a non public instance, it will try zoning you and end up chain zoning you back and forth between public and non public. The only way of fixing it is to use the char mover to put the char back in nexus. Just want to make sure the "mirrors" that you need to use between floors do not get all buggy like them in a private instance.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 02:37:26 pm »

Something that popped into my head was the portals in bastion of thunder. If you try using them in a non public instance, it will try zoning you and end up chain zoning you back and forth between public and non public. The only way of fixing it is to use the char mover to put the char back in nexus. Just want to make sure the "mirrors" that you need to use between floors do not get all buggy like them in a private instance.

+1

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 03:24:50 pm »

It's similar to if you use your PoDragons/HoH/PoSky/Etc ring in an instance, you get sent back to the pub zone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)