Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:27:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Guild Instances poofing  (Read 5129 times)
palacides

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:15:57 am »

I have been buying GIs lately for epic progression, alt PLing and cash farming. All my instances poofed with today's reboot (3 of them) and the day before I had an instance disappear the second I purchased a new one.

The one instance had 2 toons camped out in it. When they logged in it looked like they were still instanced, but when I summoned a waypoint there was no option to leave and others zoning in had no option to join.

Just curious if I am doing something wrong, if there is some limit on the number of active GIs, or if you don't use a GI in X amount of time it goes away? The first GI I bought (time) lasted the full 7days.

Anyhow, be interested in finding out if there are tricks to keeping them open, or if this is just how it is.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:30:22 am »

It is hit and miss.. the GI are cheaper then the 100k it used to be... we just take the punches and roll with them

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »

There are a limited number of "dynamic" loads loaded in memory that are used for instances. You guys are making too many instances. Your own fault.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:00:43 pm »

There are a limited number of "dynamic" loads loaded in memory that are used for instances. You guys are making too many instances. Your own fault.

Still worth it IMHO.. or 1cp

Thanks for putting it in. Grin

-Hate"
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »

In my experience, if you leave any group instance, you cannot get back in by any means other than a Rez of a recent corpse in the zone. As far as a guild instance, if you make them back to back, or make a new guild instance while still in the old guild instance, it will not survive through the reboot, an will often crash on you anyway shortly after.
If you want to use GI's back to back I suggest you zone back to pub, delete your GI, wait a minute ( by minute I do indeed mean 60 seconds ) then create a new one.
I have had much success by taking them time to zone back to pub and wait a minute. As previously mentioned, at least they don't cost 100k anymore like they used to. All in all, the ability to instance any zone you want at any time is a HUGE time and frustration saver. Even though things seem a little funky, they are a million miles better than what we used to have!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 03:22:07 pm »

I remember when players fought over FG/CG Quest item camps.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:26:34 pm »

yeah I would drive over Xiggie's house and turn his main breaker off outside.. then trip him when he would run out to flip it back on..

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

Hunter would it help if all guild instances were set to expire with the server reboot? They seem to do that anyway and honestly 10 and 20k is not a lot to spend for your own instance even if it does expire at 6am reboot. That might help stabilize some of it during the day.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 06:51:00 pm »

Hunter would it help if all guild instances were set to expire with the server reboot? They seem to do that anyway and honestly 10 and 20k is not a lot to spend for your own instance even if it does expire at 6am reboot. That might help stabilize some of it during the day.

Yeah, agree with this plus if you log in your instance and it goes poof normally you can boot right into it even so.. People will still get their money's worth even for 10k grp or 20k guild until reboot.

-Hate"
palacides

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:56 am »

I wouldn't even see it as an issue if it wasn't stated they last 7days.  If they all poofed when the server reset that would be fine.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 07:23:17 am »

It would not be a huge thing if instances went from a 7 day period to a 1 day duration.  Even for a 1.0 soloist (Theory guys, theory!! Cheesy) you're talking about an hour in Velks. Shocked

If it is not a coding nightmare it would be excellent if the instances were left at 7 days and the reboot checked to see if it had been used and deleting unused instances.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053