Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:52:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ Wiki  (Read 29892 times)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:34:35 am »

Wiki Update
(Shhhhh... don't tell Peign)

Dual Official and Unofficial wiki thread - post here with comments, suggestions, content critiques, etc... for either wiki

Official Wiki (aka EZ Wiki)
Official Wiki Update Thread - Post here or PM Chunka for suggestions or updates.
Akkadius has the powers to add users

Unofficial Wiki (aka Darpey's EZ Wiki)
Updates have been nearly non-existent in the past month or so, which is good... meaning the wiki is in pretty good shape.

I just recently updated Hateborne's 2-11-15 Caster Changes in several of the articles

Articles that need work listed below, generally in order of importance:

Click Here to sign up for an Unofficial Wiki account

And of course, if you see something inaccurate or lacking... fix it Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:16:08 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:49 am »

On "frequently asked questions" sections...getting through locked doors...an easier way to get through a locked door is to use an illusion item....click item...run at door until you run into it and keep running....click the illusion off...pop through the door....if it doesn't work the first time...rinse and repeat

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:21:55 am »

And contrary to what some might tell you, this is not an exploit.....or at least it wasnt live. When we pointed this out to devs back in 99 they replied that it was working as intended. One guide even "named" it, stating "It's ok to use your skeleton key" (since it was almost always done using AoN).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 07:26:22 pm »

Orthanos - thanks, added your bit to FAQ  Smiley

Chunka - lol to devs circa 1999 being okay with "skeleton key"

- on that note though, the monk's signature Feign Death pull wasn't intended either, but the illusion door skip is clearly a glitch... guess the devs just didn't want to mess with such a gaping glitch hole.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:45:55 pm by Darpey » Logged

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:46:55 am »

Hate - Noticed you joined the Wiki and did some updates, I sincerely appreciate the assistance with spell updates.  I haven't been around much recently, but it's a bear to keep them up to date.

Thanks again Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:01:56 pm »

I'll be backfilling a LOT of that information this week or next. I used it so heavily as a resource to update my internal docs that I might as well fully flesh it out.

This is a crazy petty request, but could some one please sort the spells on class pages by drop tier, then alphabetically? If not, I can do it but it's an organizational thing that makes reading it 100x easier.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:03:31 pm »

I can try tonight, it bugged me too lol.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 12:22:06 pm »

I'll be backfilling a LOT of that information this week or next. I used it so heavily as a resource to update my internal docs that I might as well fully flesh it out.

That's good to hear, some of it wasn't clear from the descriptions, or tough to find, etc.

This is a crazy petty request, but could some one please sort the spells on class pages by drop tier, then alphabetically? If not, I can do it but it's an organizational thing that makes reading it 100x easier.

If Warbash doesn't beat me to it, I can look tonight if I get the chance, I had it all in an Excel sheet, although I can't say with any certainty that I saved it  Cry

Darpey and I talked about ways to better present the info on the spells but neither of us are wizards at Wiki's, anyone with a better way to do so, definitely, have at it Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:25 pm »

Darpey and I talked about ways to better present the info on the spells but neither of us are wizards at Wiki's, anyone with a better way to do so, definitely, have at it Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Table/Sortable_tables

I'll see what I can do later. :-)

-Hate

Phah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »

Easiest way I can see is to either
1) add a new field specifically for tier, or
2) add a blip before the location name in "drops from" table.

imma try some stuff in the chanter page right now, will update in a few

Ok, so I went ahead and did that all. just adding the tier number in front of the tier name works beautifully, however to show the list sorted 'properly' from the very start, you have to put it into the wiki in the right order. SO. I did that, for enchanter, and it took me like an hour to do it, and I'm not doing it again for the other pages. Although if I get bored this weekend and no one else has done it, I may write a script to do it for me.
TLDR enchanter spell list is pretty now
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:51:45 pm by Phah » Logged

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 09:21:34 pm »

Ok, so I went ahead and did that all. just adding the tier number in front of the tier name works beautifully, however to show the list sorted 'properly' from the very start, you have to put it into the wiki in the right order. SO. I did that, for enchanter, and it took me like an hour to do it, and I'm not doing it again for the other pages. Although if I get bored this weekend and no one else has done it, I may write a script to do it for me.

using your tier structure it took me 1 minute to do 1 character on Darpeys. just click the header and it sorts it Smiley as it has what Hate posted but user has to do that when they view it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:24:29 pm by Warbash » Logged

Phah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 09:38:02 pm »

using your tier structure it took me 1 minute to do 1 character on Darpeys. just click the header and it sorts it Smiley as it has what Hate posted but user has to do that when they view it.

well yeah but i wanted it to be SUPER nice Tongue

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 08:31:12 am »

When doing this, make sure to keep the bracketed links in-tact. If you change them even by one character it breaks the link

Example:
[[Plane of Dragons]] ORIGINAL: GOOD
[[T1/T2 Plane of Dragons]] MODIFIED: BAD - broken link ("T1/T2" inside brackets)
T1/T2 [[Plane of Dragons]] MODIFIED: GOOD - working link ("T1/T2" outside brackets)

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 09:23:02 am »

Whoops Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 09:25:31 am »

The sortable tables make a world of difference.

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 185