Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:23:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Paladins get an Aug for DPS?
NO
Allow Paladins to use Anger Aug
Create new Aug for Paladin Only
Create Paladin Only + Allow Anger Augs too

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Paladin DPS Aug (Vote)  (Read 45198 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 06:23:55 am »

Maybe give the SK a similar proc that the Necor pet has, that procs a damage on the mobs that does a group heal to the players group?

For Paladin, I could give a group heal proc, but that won't help with DPS.

SK and Paladins will definately get something, cause I'd like to see more of them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 08:00:42 am »

I am not entirely sure SKs need tweaking. They should do completely insane DPS/self-healing with lifetap procs that they get. Perhaps an unresistable proc for the SK itself like its other spells in that same line would put them on par with other tanks. Make it half the base damage of the anger aug if anything though, cause that's an insane amount of healing.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

Maybe give the SK a similar proc that the Necor pet has, that procs a damage on the mobs that does a group heal to the players group?

SK and Paladins will definately get something, cause I'd like to see more of them.

For paladins, you use the excuse that whatever "divine being" blesses that aug, smiting foes down causing holy type dmg and also healing group. That way you can dps and heal too....

Murrjok
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 02:33:17 am »

A good idea about the Dmg + Group heal aug, i know the 3.0 has the group heal effect. Im not sure how it holds up tier 3+ atm. It cant be too much, seems like a minor heal at that stage of the game.

As far as Shadowknight go, i dont know much about them, but if they need a dps boost as well. Might wanna look into it. But paladin suffer so much they will fall asleep before half the shit they kill is dead alone.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 08:32:27 am »

obviously with all this discussion, we have to keep in mind that if knights end up with augs that dmg + group heal... dmg will be significantly lower than war augs. In case anyone was thinking "wow we'll have a 2k AoE nuke with group heal aug, woo!' or anything

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:22 am »

The thing is Hunter wants to make them "wanted to be played".

What better way than to make them have some significant powerful upgrade that makes them - not only viable - but sought after in the endgame.

Massive DPS output upgrade, comparable to warriors, not necessarily equal AND significant group healing ability would certainly do that.

Rob Smiley
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:24 am »

The thing is Hunter wants to make them "wanted to be played".

What better way than to make them have some significant powerful upgrade that makes them - not only viable - but sought after in the endgame.

Massive DPS output upgrade, comparable to warriors, not necessarily equal AND significant group healing ability would certainly do that.

Hunter said he wants to see more of them, not see everyone playing them and there is a difference Smiley
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:08 am »

Hunter said he wants to see more of them, not see everyone playing them and there is a difference Smiley

Right.  I didn't mean to make them like warriors are now.  That's why i said comparable to warriors, not necessarily equal . Just more likeable and wanted in the endgame.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:23:34 pm by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 10:16:24 am »

These augs shouldn't be taking away what warriors have currently, just bringing knights up closer to where they should be.

I dont want to have everyone dropping warriors because "Paladins/ SK are the OP tank now. Warriors are gimp" or something like that

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:23 am »

Sk/Pally should just be made on-par with Warriors. I think the last thing folks would do is quit a warrior cause sk/pally got a boost. At the moment there really is only one choice for a tank and it should be three. That coming from a guy who loves his SK but deep down wishes it was a warr.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:53 am »

i'm a paladin at heart. and i guess thinking about it, knights were made originally as an off tank/ supplemental tank. Doesn't mean EZ cant put a different spin on them.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 12:45:45 am »

Bard tank! gogo
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 09:17:41 pm »

3.0 SK + 3.0 RNG + 3.0 RNG = 3man PoD T1 named cause SK 3.0 proc sexy lifetap

WAR + WAR + CLR + CLR = 4man EZ Server cause its fucking OP

PAL..... = lawl you fagsauce why would you play such a fucking loser class. Don't you know secretly Hunter hates you like the passion of the Christ....

/sarcasm off

really only paladins suck wang and need a boost + any half decent player can hold agro.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 08:10:10 am »

Here's to hoping that since Pallies are getting tweaked that SK's are next in line. I don't want to have to make another char.  Undecided
Kazidor
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 07:50:15 pm »

I think that the only reason people role paladins nowadays is to get the AoE heals and the DD from their epics.

If I was hunter I would add an anger/damage aug. I wouldn't make it Overpowered but I would make it so you see more paladins then warriors.

I vote the 4th option.             
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053