Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:10:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Svartmane  (Read 37886 times)
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 10:35:45 pm »

Rofl...poor guy.  Id say sell your soul to the devil but uh...since that is you that may be seen as some kind of tax dodge.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 05:09:09 am »

LOL

I actually did get fartmane twice on a DL weekend so 4 masters $$

actually gave 2 of those away if I remember correctly

oh well, by the time you brush the sand out of your ......... you will get one to drop, I usually complain in OOC that helps too lol, come to think about it, sometimes it does work

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 09:47:51 am »

You always told me you rubbed Fugi and that made one drop.  Kiss
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 04:11:41 pm »

You always told me you rubbed Fugi and that made one drop.  Kiss

It's true! Now get a little closer.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 06:13:42 am »

That was around Halloween and Fugi was offering candy out of the back of his van.....true story.  Cry

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 04:29:26 am »

ah yes, the fond memories of the van.

Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 06:10:24 am »

Did a little data collection on my last master essence farm.  I cleared the 6 bats in 106 instances.  Got 18 Tserina's and 1 svartmane.  Based on this run the pop chance of Tser off a bat is around 2.8% and Svartmane still looks like about a 5% chance off Tser.  I think the trouble comes with the volume of kills necessary to really "grind" out a master essence.  I spent somewhere around 6hrs of actual playtime doing this, which means I was doing around 18 instances per hour.
When I was keying my boxes for floor 7 ages ago...(t7 gear perhaps), I could kill bats in 2 instances and keep up with respawn.  So that would have been 12 clears per hour.  At that rate, I would have been looking at 9hrs give or take to spawn him.  I know that is still worth it, but just wanted to point out this camp is going to be back breaking regardless.
I still have 2 more essences to grind for rogue, so I will continue to track numbers and can post if people are interested.  Just figured I would share the very typical results of my last grind.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 06:20:18 am »

ah yes, the fond memories of the van.

"fond" really...of all the words in the entire English language and you choose "fond"........

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 06:39:53 am »

I will continue to track numbers and can post if people are interested.
Numbers are awesome, thanks!

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »

Here we are, 2 and 1/2 weeks into this fooking ordeal and still no Svartmane.
I have made another 15 to 20K AA's and spawned and killed Tserrina well over 60 times and still no Master Ess's.  I have even have Rymo, Madasmash and a couple others try to spawn her for me with no luck.
I know Waraesh got one today but I don't understand why my luck is SO BAD. 

I have been playing on this server for a very long time (since qvic) and this is the most ridiculous F'd up version of RNG I have ever experienced. 
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 01:51:59 pm »

same exact thing happened to me....

its beyond bad game-play ... its boring and pointless...offers no challenge other than wasting time.

I ended up having mix make an instance and he spawned him in a couple of hours. (he clearly is a haxor!)

whatever the math is behind this it should be looked at..

it does not seem uncommon for a person to go weeks doing this and have nothing to show for it...

if it was 1 in 40 tess that would be horrible... but 1 in 60+ is outrageous

and this being a "freak" RNG thing is silly..

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 01:53:45 pm »

Just for curiosity's sake - how many Essence 7's have you gotten during your Master Essence quest?

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 02:05:51 pm »

5, sold 3 and have 2 in the bank.

I wouldn't normally be complaining so much but I already have all the other components for my UW9, to include the 100 LP Ess's.  This is my first UW so you know how long it takes to farm that many ess's. 
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 02:50:33 pm »

Naaw - I understand the frustration. Svartmane is the worst rng grind on server (I can't think of anything worse). At least with collecting the 100 essences of Dminors, you can have dry spells... but as long as you have enough crystals, you'll get essences soon(ish) - that and you have measurable progress. Svart can literally take WEEKS of purely grinding him several hours a day... or a single hour.

Maybe GSoA grind would be worse... but most people don't GRIND GSoA, they gradually acquire them doing other things... or buy them. Svart, you have to stop what you are doing, and do something that is otherwise a waste of time, except for that one essence

But everyone that's played on this server to end-game has seen patches of uber-bad RNG - though admittedly, I haven't seen as bad as your Svart.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:53:25 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 02:52:34 pm »

Trust me, I can understand your pain....been there too, and about to be again.

But lets look at this objectively...

UW is supposed to be hard to get, and somewhat rare. Max tier UW should definitely be a MASSIVE pain in the ass, given the way it almost shatters content. Now, some tiers of essences are a nightmare (CT, Gods major or minor, abyss now that drop rate is broken [and yes, it IS broken, has absolutely nothing to do with the T5 mini being removed, the rate is screwed]) but by the time you start needing Master essence (Anguish +) zone essences are a cakewalk: anguish they damned near hand you 20 just for zoning in, T7 they drop fairly often from trash and guaranteed from Wrath, T8 the same.....uncommon from trash and guaranteed from Vulak, and very easy from T9.

So where's the bottleneck? I think you found it.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190