Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:47:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Do you think it would be a good idea to add SK to the master's ring for the pet?
YES, finally, gg utility, gg sk balance - 13 (38.2%)
No, that would be overpowered - 7 (20.6%)
Sure, but they're still of limited to no use t3+ - 7 (20.6%)
Totally Meh about it - 7 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Idea to give SK's more balance + utility  (Read 14362 times)
sohami

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:27:58 am »

They are a permanent pet class...

SK tanking is superior to Pal when flying solo. However SK's really add nothing to a group setting like Pal's do.

The idea is to add SK's to the pet class ring (because they do have pets) to add that DPS, to make them not so mediocre, and have some usefulness.

Kind of makes sense to me. Pal's always went the healing/beneficial route and SK get harm touch/more offensive abilities so a better pet for DPS just kind of fits.

What do you all think?
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:07:36 pm »

I'd rather see us become more balanced through other class defining avenues; make HT useful [severely decreased reuse time, better epic clicky and possibly slightly better DOT damage], than just adding some pet damage.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »

Actually its a good idea.
Since the pally was recently revamped this seems like an interesting improvement to at least balance to the paladin.
pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:17:57 pm »

I would like to see Sks become more dps oriented tanks, either through spells or increased melee damage via better epics

the clicky isn't all that helpful since it is resisted half the time
dots on this server are just not viable forms of dps due to them ticking every 6 seconds and the puny dmg it does in the overall scheme of things

as of right now there is no reason to make a SK over a paladin or warrior

both classes outdps sks, can tank like a SK, and provide utility to the group.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:21 pm »

Actually, this maybe a good idea pre-t2/3 but no way would it balance the SK to the pally usefullness beyond t2, not because its not a bad idea, just because of the limitations of the CG pet.
pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:17 pm »

or make the sk epic clicky a group buff lifetap or something
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »

Now that's a cool concept.  Just make it 50% Life Tap to balance out the fact that it's also doing damage and the SK would rise to its former glory!!

Stix

pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:09:27 pm »

and i think to avoid sks from becoming a buff bot, they should raise the sk epic damage ratio slightly as well to be more in line with paladin epic

Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 02:03:23 am »

Right direction, but I dont see how a clicky group lifetap, which would most likely be on a 2-3min timer brings SKs on par with a Pally which is basically group healing every time they swing.  

Just make the idea a focus effect of the epic itself;  all SK taps (whether through the epic, shroud or spell cast) self heal for full but also heal the group for 50%.  THEN make the clicky effect enchance this effect by 100%, for 15 seconds and throw it on a 5min recast timer.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:05:08 am by Concho Pete » Logged
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:44:39 am »

maybe have it proc the group buff that adds something like life tap hits or along the lines isntead of clicky? sk's are the best tanks for t3+ hands down, and thats with a 3.0

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 09:39:35 am »

I think go a different route....make SK about group protection rather than heals. Along with the  weilder lifetap the proc gives the SK's group....I dont know, a damage absorbtion/mitigation, or a massive armor class pump.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 09:54:39 am »

What would be interesting is making the SK a 2H viable tank. That way we got SnB, Dual wield, and 2H. Same mitigation as the rest of the tank, just WAY higher avoidance and possibly better resists.

Haters Gonna hate.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:45 am »

A lot of good ideas in this thread that I like.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 10:53:23 am »

Type 8 aug for 2hs that has the effect of Ancient bite of Muram? Or a higher version but same type of proc.. like 2k would suffice. 

(heals mana/hp with proc).

Keeze
drozes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »

Actually, the answers to ALL the dps classes concerns is quite simple. Just make augs that are in line with damage that warriors have. I don't know excactly what said augment would be, but comparable to the Anger IV without the hate component. Not only would this buff SK's, but rogues, zerkers, monks, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

-Tankasaurus
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988