Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:49:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Guild Quest Camps  (Read 18022 times)
Simp

bling bling

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:40 pm »

I think the rewards for the FG/CG should be good enough to make people want to join instead of being made to have to do it.
This  Grin

Zodiac - Monk - <i crit my pants>
Kejek

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 01:52:10 pm »

I think, as an alternative, there should be a fairly involved, long quest line to get you flagged for the fighters/Casters guild. Basically, using no drop, lore, common items (or if possible, items that only drop if your on the quest. Does the emu scripting allow this?).

Anyways, using those two types of items (as well as "Kill X/X enemies") would make camping these items pretty much null. Instead of using rare/named spawns that can be camped, use regular world enemies, with chances to drop said item.

While I have a few quests lined up for hunter to review, I haven't been able to get my own EQEmu server running yet to throw up custom scripts for said quests, so it's made the process slow. I'll remedy this situation this weekend however.

I think we have an opportunity here to make use of multiple zones that are completely unused atm. Using zones like Kael, Wakening Lands, Burning Woods, Chardok, Beholder, etc etc.

My goal with the design would be: For a single person/new player trying to get Fighters/Casters guild flagged, they would run through the long quest farming mobs all over the world with very little chance of things being camped (multiple people could be killing the same type of mobs, everyone has a chance still). Players looking to quickly finish the quest via purchasing items can use the old way.

Making sure the quest is long enough that it takes effort (but your always able to work towards completing the objective/doing something) will be the hard part.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 04:59:38 pm »

It is still EQ people. Get used to camping shit for hours. Agree with 100k instances on crown and FBR. Just make a few new custom quest zones like Velk where it is fairly easy to farm plat to buy your instances. Don't you remember how to farm shit anymore? Pussies...
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »

Christ, people these days are too soft.  Everything needs to be of convenience, everything needs to be handed to them in a nice shiny package.  Man up, shut up, and camp what you need.  If it's a long camp and you're not having luck, well tough shit.  Oh, but you work all week and can only play the game for x amount of hours per week?  Too bad so sad.  Looks like it's going to take you a little while longer to get shit done.  Hunter, I think you need to stop catering to all these cry-babies.  Let them get mad, and quit.  Less lag for those of us that aren't pussies.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
zalemander

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 06:41:10 pm »

Christ, people these days are too soft.  Everything needs to be of convenience, everything needs to be handed to them in a nice shiny package.  Man up, shut up, and camp what you need.  If it's a long camp and you're not having luck, well tough shit.  Oh, but you work all week and can only play the game for x amount of hours per week?  Too bad so sad.  Looks like it's going to take you a little while longer to get shit done.  Hunter, I think you need to stop catering to all these cry-babies.  Let them get mad, and quit.  Less lag for those of us that aren't pussies.

This is a great way to drive people away from the server. You just described why world of warcraft became so popular and EQ fell flat. Games were not ment to be played by the most hardcore of the hardcore. The majority of gamers are men and woman with full time jobs, and familys. Im not suggesting everything should be handed to you, despite it being called the EZ server and all. But some tweaks for the items that are not even accessible to the new players is not a bad idea at all.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:22 pm »

I think, as an alternative, there should be a fairly involved, long quest line to get you flagged for the fighters/Casters guild. Basically, using no drop, lore, common items (or if possible, items that only drop if your on the quest. Does the emu scripting allow this?).

No, but the task system does.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:17 pm »

This is a great way to drive people away from the server. You just described why world of warcraft became so popular and EQ fell flat. Games were not ment to be played by the most hardcore of the hardcore. The majority of gamers are men and woman with full time jobs, and familys. Im not suggesting everything should be handed to you, despite it being called the EZ server and all. But some tweaks for the items that are not even accessible to the new players is not a bad idea at all.

I didn't say you had to log a million hours a week or leave.  I work 50+ hours a week, and it's not a desk job.  I hop on EZ 2-3 times a week if I'm lucky.  I'm guildless, only play for a couple hours at a time, and plan to keep it that way.

I also played EQ for 4 years when it was first released.  EQ fell flat because Sony are a bunch of knobs, and WOW is EQ on easy-mode(Blizzard are a bunch of knobs, too).  I currently see nothing wrong with the way Hunter is running things.  What I do see wrong are a bunch of whiners complaining about trivial issues.  Everyone wants everything instantly.  You can still accomplish things at a casual pace, it's just going to take you a while longer.  That's life.  Let me know when they start giving away free 2010 Camaros at the Chevy dealership.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
stricken

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 10:07:05 pm »

What he said Tongue
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »

Sorry Zal but I have to disagree. I work a full time job, have a wife and two kids and sometimes take classes on top of that. I don't have a ton of hours and I can accept not being able to get everything quickly. Infact I derive some satisifaction from getting things that aren't easy for me to obtain.

I've played many MMOs and I really don't like the easy mode no failure consequence model that attracted the mass of douche bags to games like WoW.

Camping stuff can suck if it takes a long time. I know I have stayed up late to get items and regretted it the next morning. There are some alternatives. Pretty much any item or the whole FG/CG can be bought. Infact I think most of the tough to obtain items sell for significantly less than the cash that a person farming gems could make in the same time as camping it.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Corben

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 11:18:18 pm »

I personally think its fine the way it is, not to hard, not to easy.
You can also thank Hunter that Hadden does not have his EQ Live spawn time which was what....5.5 hours if I remember correctly? So you get the Nostalgia without the pain.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 12:31:32 am »

Sorry, but you're delusional if you think this game or server is looking for the typical WoW player to come over. Its not. Hell, if you ask, 90% of the people here will tell you they DONT WANT the average WoW player here.

I'm all for driving that element away.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 07:34:54 am »

This server however lets you progress at a good pace without making you play 5 hours a day everyday and be in a guild where beating events takes 40+ people. I like the fact that I could beat everything up to and including t2 with only 1 group of my friends. That's what made playing on this server fun for me.

However from what I hear about t3 unless you are equipped with gifts from Hunter, you are not beating anything with one group. For that fact I will never be in T3 and will be happy just doing RoA on my ranger, and making the occasional new character and gearing them up in t2 items.
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 11:11:16 am »

Several people complaining about guild quest items being perma camped by players. I put in Guild Instances already in several of the zones for 100kpp per instance. These instances last 24 hrs and the loot you get from that private instance should sell for many times more than you paid for the instance.

What other zones need this 100kpp Guild Instance?
This thread drifted away from the original question pretty quickly.  I think the answer is Q hills and Lake Rathe, and I agree with the premise that loot from the instance will more than pay for it.  I put up 2 guild instances of Sebilis over the double loot weekend, and might have spent 20 hours in their total, pretty much just farming kd's (there's only so many Fungi tunics you can hold).  I came out with 25 of them and don't know what other guildies may have gotten out of it. 

Yes, they will pay for themselves; add Q hills and Lake Rathe and I think the bulk of the problem is solved.
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 03:11:03 pm »

Yes, they will pay for themselves; add Q hills and Lake Rathe and I think the bulk of the problem is solved.
I agree with this.

If the price for the instance is 100k, it may turn out to be too high. Atm you could easily get your money back, but the instance you make these zones instanced (like how I worded that? I know, astounding...) prices for the item will go down. Food for thought.

If you care to hear a suggestion mine is 50k, but that's just me. Saw an earlier post in this thread that had some pretty good reasons for 50k and I agree.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 05:05:29 pm »

It is still EQ people. Get used to camping shit for hours. Agree with 100k instances on crown and FBR. Just make a few new custom quest zones like Velk where it is fairly easy to farm plat to buy your instances. Don't you remember how to farm shit anymore? Pussies...

The issue is when these quests were introduced there as less than 150 players on the server.
The quests themselves were never intended to be time sinks like they are today.

I all for the time sink if its not due to population, thats entirely different, right now all the issues is a result of the population, not the items or the quests themselves.

Used to be able to do the FG or CG in a day or two, you would be lucky to get a FBE or Crown "CAMP" let alone the item within that time period now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 321