Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:40:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Whats with buff timers??  (Read 12675 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:29:03 am »

I keep randomly getting buffs that have a 2 min timer, from both buff bots and players, and on a lvl 70 character. Anyone else?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:07:41 am »

I keep randomly getting buffs that have a 2 min timer, from both buff bots and players, and on a lvl 70 character. Anyone else?

I'll look into it when I have the time.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:00 am »

Yessir was happening to me all day yesterday.

Poop
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:21:52 am »

I am seeing something similar.
I'll cast a group damage shield spell (Circle of Fireskin) and on 1 or 2 of my 6 box I'll see the spell land normally with the correct time but after a few seconds (one tic maybe) it looks like it drops down to the timer of a level 1 toon.
I'll try to list my observations:
1) Logging seems to correct it
2) Does not seem to happen consistently
3) Variety of spells effected (I dont think its based on the spell)
4) Recasting the spell on the effected player can correct it but often doesn't.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:51:00 pm »

I have noticed it from buff bots but normally if you just hail again you will get the full timer -- only had it happen once from pet but not that big of a deal on most pet classes. But yea it's def bad. Really sucks to zone and lose all your buffs so you have to go back Tongue
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 05:23:49 am »

Buff bots doing this aint that big of a deal, if you notice it....

But doing an RoA, and you see that your shammy 3.0 buff you just got is suddenly mid fight on 10 mobs counting down to 3....2....1.....

Well, the death isnt that big of a deal Smiley But the 20 min wait for the 3.0 recast can be a pain.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 06:10:38 am »

Hadn't noticed it before today, but had it happen repeatedly on my new toon.  The buffs start at the normal time and then adjust to 3 minutes.  The adjustment happens just like when the timers go up because the caster has an item or the aa that extends the timers.  A couple ticks of default time, then the adjusted time.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 11:05:19 pm »

Ok, it is getting rather frustrating. Hits me randomly, either on buff bots or from PC's epic buffs. I cant get ANY buff to stick to a new rogue my wife created (rogue is 37, buffs should last longer than 3 mins).

Also my shammy 3.0 click was doing 54 mins, but now duration is 35 mins. No gear change. Any idea why?

Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 07:21:40 am »

Picked a bad time to do an RoA run.  Was happening with buff bot timers most of the morning, and then started happening with my druid buffs also.  Sometimes the buff but buffs land with low timers, and sometimes they just go down after a tick or two.  Same thing with druid buffs and it's unpredictable.  It did seem to get worse and worse the longer I stayed on. 

Giving up for now. 
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 12:27:58 pm »

Either has to do with the new source code, or that I been editing the database a lot doing updates. Not sure yet. Will try to find out.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Demin
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 12:40:09 pm »

I am 37% sure it was happening before the db updates you have been doing.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 05:08:29 am »

Yeah, Hunter, this has been happening for about a week or so now.

Gallank

Taadpole (Warrior) and Frogglips (Cleric)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 08:11:08 am »

I got buffed, all buffs started out with their correct timers, after a few seconds, they changed to 3 minutes or less.. This happened every time I rebuffed, so I clicked off all my buffs, logged out and back in and rebuffed, and they all stayed the time they were supposed to..
Second time I tried that though, it failed...  Sad

Account 1
Paladin Darok
Cleric Frogglips

Account 2
Druid Savana
Warrior Taadpole
Bhanshei

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:46:41 am »

I have been doing this the last few days to keep buffs up.  Although this probably won't help those doing RoA but....

1. Hail Buffbot
2. Use a level 70 click buff
3. Hail Buffbot again
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 10:00:19 am »

Another thing I noticed: buff extension AA's are no longer effecting my buffs, epic or otherwise.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282