Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:20:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prestige Idea  (Read 4543 times)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:56:27 am »

So I woke up this morning and had an idea. Maybe it's a bad idea, it's hard to tell without bouncing it off others, so here goes.

You Hail Clever_Named_NPC in Nexus/Stonehive.
Clever_Named_NPC says, "So, you think you're special? You think you're someone? You're Nothing! You need to become nothing before you can become someone" etc... etc...

Yes/No prompt "Are You Sure" etc...

Darpey has reached level 1, all Alternate Advancement abilities have been removed

Since all (I think?) gear is req level, he would effectively be naked as well.

What if we had some sort of "prestige" activity, which forced you to start from the beginning without high level help. Sort of like the original intent of the RoA leveling mechanism, before it was made possible in 30 minutes.

Something like this (I don't know the mechanics of game design, so not sure if this is even possible). Make an alternate version of PoTimeA called "Plane of Time Prestige" or "Plane of Time Challenge" or whatever, all the way up to T9. In this version, you can ONLY enter if you are the zone's level or one higher. You already can't get buffs as of a recent patch that would make you not able to receive EXP Bonus 700%...

All of us T10'ers have remade characters (to add to our rediculous armies), but we haven't (or at least haven't HAD to) do it without the aid of our T10 geared UW11 demigod.

The reward for this "quest" isn't really important in my mind, the forcable re-level would be fun in itself, but maybe as a requirement before "T11" as the "final test" of T10? Maybe as a neat uility item. Maybe as a levelable ring or charm or something, but we already have those. IDK - just a thought.

There are some issues, like anyone that's T11 would have the resources to immediately make all strike augments, which would make the releveling process easier, just by a function of that...

Could modify the alternate zones to make them harder, or somehow handicap the player to make it harder, or just leave it alone. Or make it REALLY hard somehow and you effectively have (sort of) T11-20, on a small scale - or at least a "next tier" grade difficulty by releveling. Or leave it original difficulty just as a side-quest.

Anyway, might be a fun, challenging activity that served a few purposes.

1. A challenge, without having to create or redesign an entire "tier"
2. Bring back the old vets (troll king?)
3. Give the people who have completed T10 (or are completing T10) something novel to do.

Bad idea? Impossible? Good idea? Problems?

Google Drive Poll
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:51:53 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:34:57 am »

Well with 2/2 survey responses of "Terrible Idea" - I guess it was just me that thought this was an interesting idea.  Smiley

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:45 am »

I'm not really fan of re-level and replay through same shit my character already went through. And if there's no reward for re-level at end, there is really no point for me to do it. Reward as in gain access to next Tier, some sort of special item, or what not.

I'd rather just to make new character and level them up with my own aid.

BUT instead of T11, why not T15? Afterall every 5th Tier is gut punch!

Oh and disable UW/RoA/Mask/Shield as well! Go hardcore!

Overall, it's terrible idea. Cheesy

cyantheblue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:25 am »

this sound like a personal challange mode not the whole server to me.
make a party with no warrior dont get uw and dont use your higher toons 2 help. there is nothing wrong with mking a set of alts to level and see how far you can get. i plan to make a 6man with only a sk to tank and see how far i can get.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 11:13:39 am »

Anyone play hellsgate? they had an alternate mode that was "hardcore" you could create a char...and play the game...but once you die...you are dead...so maybe you could create a "hardcore" toon that could only get buffs/items from other "hardcore" toons and this would be something you could have a leaderboard on.... and say like red names in game ...

this would also make people not want a toon army cause its harder to keep a squad alive than 1 toon....

just a thought....

even getting past qvic in hardcore would be a challenge lol....

cyantheblue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 12:02:29 pm »

it would only work if did it like diablo 2 and hardcore only with hardcore otherwise people would just rush them like any other alt (happened on my last eq server) and im not sure how that would effect the server or useage of data on the server if it would basicly have to run 2 worlds one hardcore one nornal. tho i do like the idea of once im farther into the game and know it better just doing my own perma death run and just delete my toons if i die and start over
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »

well it would probably boil down to a hardcore instance and then you would only have it accessible by hardcore toons...

all buffs would be removed on zoneing

would you spend the money to twink out a hardcore toon with a uw? a mana neck? ... only to lose it on death....?Smiley

would be kind of neat to see people group up...based on skill...and progress that way...

cyantheblue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:19 pm »

if it was done right id totally be game for it hardcore adds a level of caution that you just cant get without perma death
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 01:30:40 pm »

Introducing Hardcore Character Mode on Shards of Dalaya! Consider this a "beta" if you must but it's not "beta" in any way that will save you from death.

!!!HARDCORE CHARACTERS Q&A!!!

1. What is a Hardcore Character?

A Hardcore Character is just like any other character in Shards of Dalaya with one key difference: YOUR FIRST DEATH ENDS THE CHARACTER'S EXISTENCE.

2. Are there other differences?

Yes. You gain experience much much faster than a Normal character. You get a shiny *HC* after your character name. You may not join an adventure band. You get a cool graphic on your character's fomelo indicating your Hardcore nature. You will not receive experience for a fight in which you do not participate. HARDCORE AIN'T FOR CHICKENS! Finally, once again, when you die, you are removed from the game world and your character only exists in Fomelo.

3. How do I become Hardcore?

Be level 1 and talk to a Priest of War. Follow the dialogs as appropriate. If you are level 2 or higher, you may not enter the Hardcore Life. If you die before flagging Hardcore, those deaths will not erase you (but maybe they should make you reconsider your decision). Once flagged Hardcore, your next death is final.

4. What happens if, I mean WHEN, I die as a Hardcore Character?

WHEN you die as a Hardcore Character, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

5. What happens if I die due to lag?

If you die due to lag, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

6. What happens if I die due to a zone crash?

If you die due to a zone crash, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

7. What happens if I die due to using an AA such as Life Fire?

If you die due to using an AA such as Life Fire, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

8. What happens if I die due to /cm suicide?

If you die due to /cm suicide, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

9. What happens if I die because some jerk trained me?

If you die because some jerk trained you, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

10. What happens if I die to bugged content?

If you die to bugged content, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

11. What happens if I die because Admin-Slaar GM KILLS ME?

If you die because Admin-Slaar GM KILLS you, you are immediately booted from the game world. If you are above a certain level, perhaps the World might be notified of your demise. The image on your fomelo changes to indicate your dead status. If you try to log in the character again, you will be immediately booted. This is final and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

12. Can I un-Hardcore my character at any point?

No.

Yup that would be pretty awesome...all of that....

cyantheblue

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:25 pm »

inless a group of freinds made a party (can only play 2 charater at once there) the only hardcore people on that server where the t13's (highest in sod) who made monk alts and just fded them and got rot gear on raids when mains didnt need) also the same people would take there none hardcore lower lvl alts and "accidently" kill hardcore toons that where on there way up so they could still be "the best"

if hardcore and none hardcore can party and trade it seems pointless to me in my opinion just turn into what t10 can power level an alt the best
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 179