Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:16:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: why make a bard??  (Read 11794 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »

I hear they boost damage...improve defense and make your group that much better...

how exactly?

I have a bard with 4.0s and NS augs and I am really not that impressed...

what songs do you play?

I mainly use them for the epic click if my healer gets lom in a long fight with massive mana drain....that it...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

A lot of things that help on a bard. Tempest Blade 3 drops in T5, and adds a nice melee proc. Its not that impressive on players anymore, since the melee delay changes, but its pretty strong on pets. Chorus of the Risen drops there as well, and does a ton to regen health, mana and endo, which can be an issue for some classes. Nillipus Stampede of the Wee bumps armor class like 4500 with bard epic, and provides other defenses. HUGE help while gearing up, especially when you first break into the next tier.  Elemental A Cappella II is also T5, and bumps resists (not over cap, though, which means its about worthless) but it also absorbs spell damage, and because of the way the higher epics influence spells it absorbs enough to allow many players to eat a DT and walk away. Helps a lot later. These are the later songs. Earlier versions exist for TB, A Capella and Chorus, and are worth checking out. War March is useful for the increased attack. Harmonious Composition increases the amount of spell damage (and proc damage) a mob takes by 15%.

Lots of other songs that help, too. Take some time and check the descriptions, and try em out. Often what seems like not that big of a deal stat wise on a song ends up a ton more powerful once its used with a higher epic.

All in all IMO an enchanter is far greater utility than a bard, and if you figure what both add to a groups offenses and defenses I see the enchanter as stronger.....but nothing preventing you from running both. Cheesy And since bards can use NS augs that alone makes them worth running.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:33:26 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:01 pm »

Bard. Part of the foundation of an end game group.

On rotation (levels vary):

Tempest Blade
Nillipus Stampede
Chorus of risen
Harmonous comp

Enc. Foundation to my end game group

GoA on Monk
Timeless haste (spell speed) and thunder
Breathless IV and the other dot spell
And tashin which adds 10% to incoming dmg.
Also, hit the tank with agro increase and reast of raid with agro decrease. (In T8 I use this and tank gets agro back instantly. (I do have some ninjas too)

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »

How many toons are you playing?
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »

Group 1:

War
Clr
Pal
Brd
Mnk
Rog

Group 2:
Shm (swap for 3rd ber in <t8)
Dru
Enc
pal
ber
ber
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »

my set up is this;

1. warrior
2. cleric
3. pally
4. bard
5. zerk
6. monk

group 2;

1. cleric
2. zerk
3. zerk
4. zerk
5. zerk
6. zerk

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 08:10:44 pm »

The click on the 5.0 would probably make the bard more dps than any of the other toons in either of those groups. zerkers are great at ae...but more than 2-3 is probably a waste of time. the chanter is ok as a buff + support class, but better used out of group spamming group buffs for the epic proc. Sadly, the dps bard songs are almost worthless now, but they get a slow song, resist song and resist debuff song that are all amazing.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »

Tempest blade IV in T8 brings them back into the game a bit, esp when in that first group I showed.

That is a lot of zerkers.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:44 pm »

Zerkers might be OP on DPS so I might need to tweak them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

Well if they were op dps, you would not need 5 of em z (just poking fun). I think people are using them because of large pulls in t5-6-7 due to their ability to aoe. However, they do not come close to ninjastrike ix-x toons in t8 up and you do not see them in that number in end game groups. 

It is also a class you can get decent proc dmg without a strike aug, so they are cheap to have.
yeejek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »

In the spirit of transparency. Zerkers with 7.0 and UC2 do 500k (AE) dps. Add another 500k for FS9.

I do not know what top NS classes top out at right now so I can't speak on how balanced that is.
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »

Group 1:

War
Clr
Pal
Brd
Mnk
Rog

Group 2:
Shm (swap for 3rd ber in <t8)  <-----
Dru
Enc
pal
ber
ber

Em what was that you said

Well if they were op dps, you would not need 5 of em z (just poking fun). I think people are using them because of large pulls in t5-6-7 due to their ability to aoe. However, they do not come close to ninjastrike ix-x toons in t8 up and you do not see them in that number in end game groups.  

It is also a class you can get decent proc dmg without a strike aug, so they are cheap to have.

I believe that should read "Please don't nerf my Zerks!"
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 11:31:54 pm »

and yet a bard still adds more dps to the raid than 1 zerker.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »

move along hunter ...nothing to see here....Shocked

my poor zerks are so weak i only group them out of pity!!!:)

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 04:05:18 am »

Zerkers might be OP on DPS so I might need to tweak them.

They arent. A wiz will do solid AE dps and superior ST dps to a zerk.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256