Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:40:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Class Purpose/Role(s)?  (Read 12296 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 11:09:38 am »

If you are having issues on your SK you need to change your group makeup to support it.

Curious, how did you get 1.5mil hp? High Ring and Shield?

My issue with SK was full health or zero health. I was VERY rarely anywhere in the middle.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 12:14:07 pm »

If you are having issues on your SK you need to change your group makeup to support it.

Curious, how did you get 1.5mil hp? High Ring and Shield?

My issue with SK was full health or zero health. I was VERY rarely anywhere in the middle.

-Hate

RoA 225 + full t7 put me at 1.2mil unbuffed now almost full t8. however I do not have full leaf augs only have 1 at rk9 this would about balance out the difference no SoA yet

Raid buffed im 2.15mil
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:15:59 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 03:38:01 pm »

Keeze
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 11:23:05 pm »

Maybe a new focus of healing spell line ups healing 300% from t7 or t8 vendor wherever it is needed.

and maybe a focus of damage, that increases fire damage 150-200% which would only help if aug'd out so no free uber dps.

+1
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:30 am »

UCv3 has aprox 50% more healing/damage focus than the UCv2

UCv3 is a quest from T8.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 07:24:02 am »

I think white damage needs to go up across the board due to UW. I know it's not required, but really it's almost required.

Keeze
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 09:46:13 am »

I know hunter, but it seems based on this post that even with the best gear, they still are lacking in healing power.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 10:30:31 am »

Pallies are lacking in healing power starting around T5. More so in T6, and UC2 doesnt help much. By T7 any benefit you may have seen from UC2 is pretty much gone.

Pallies need heal help, and badly.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »

Pallies are lacking in healing power starting around T5. More so in T6, and UC2 doesnt help much. By T7 any benefit you may have seen from UC2 is pretty much gone.

Pallies need heal help, and badly.

+1
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 02:43:47 pm »

I like to look at problems from diff angles and see if it can lead to solutions so...

what role should each class play?

1. warrior = main tank

2. cleric = main healer

3. wizard = dps/AOE dps
4. monk = dps/Single target
5. rogue = dps/Single target
6. Ranger = dps/Single target

7. Paladin = Assist class/backup

8. Shadowknight = Huh/backup

9. Necromancer = Huh?

10. magician = Buff class/utility class/ Huh?

11. Enchanter = Buff class/?Huh

12. Berserker = AOE dps class

13. Beastlord = Buff class/Dps/single target

Given that all this is true I see the necromancer as being the most lost class quickly followed by the Shadowknight and Beastlord.

Necro ... do we want to buff the pet or the caster? Pets will attack from the front....they will get owned..so that will be more problematic to improve so perhaps we should leave them as they are and the thing to do would be to allow the caster to have some form of massive Lifetap that would be some form of group heal OR some kind of buff that would allow a lifetap to proc for the entire group.  I prefer the group buff lifetap proc.

Shadowknight... some people like to tank with sks...I dont know why but they do... so as in EQII the sk became powerful because of the AE lifetap drains...I see how this could be useful on EZ as well.   I don't think SKS should have a group heal as this class is based on making themselves stronger and not the group. So .. add a buff or proc of some sort that would allow AE lifetaps...the more you pull the more they get healed....Smiley

Beastlord ..... PEt class so same problem as necromancer...but they get to use the NS augs ...so again leave the pet...to hard to fix...I have never played this class so i don't have any idea how to fix it..

Monk...rogue...ranger..zerker...warrior...cleric...wizzy...No suggestions they seem to be working fine..if we fix some of the other classes that are weak then life should get better for these staple classes...

Pally...I love paladins... I started with 2 and am now down to just 1 in my group make up.....they are helpful as healers... adding a focus of healing  would help....other than that I would save leave them be...

Chanters and Mages .....pet class again...so focus on the other ability's....more nuke? more buff? I lean towards buffs...

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 02:56:39 pm »

I think a lifetap that heals entire group would be cool for necros/sk's as long as it healed for a significant amount of hp. Can keep the refresh time on the spell to 1 or 2 minutes to keep it from being OP. Palidans are fine with the exception of heal spells, they just need one that can actually dent the groups hp.

Krinkle Sprinkle
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:20 pm »

kraken 2 definitely doesn't add any burst at a t7 level.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 06:20:25 pm »

The only lost SK's I see are the ones that do not play the class correctly.
Maybe I am wrong, so why dont you SK's break it down a little better. Less of the "QQ I suck QQ" and more of "Item A in situation B is bad and here is why" type of break down.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »

My issue with my sk (aamadex) is the mitigation.  I actually just lvl'ed up a warrior and him having 1/2 the hp's he can tank 2x the mobs. 
Just like the other guy said, I see my sk 1 of 2 ways, full life or dead.  There is no middle.  Which means he can either mitigate it and tank it or he can't and the group is dead.   
I am going to be playing the Warrior more because when he is geared, he will be unstoppable.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 08:22:30 pm »

Do you have cloak of anarchy? that's 20% mit that ran me fine till t8 now I need the extra 17% from cleric and soa or IG pet having all together would be great too !
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256