Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:13:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Halloween for Christmas and New Years?  (Read 3547 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2021, 11:57:21 am »

/crossing my fingers for some holiday event  Smiley

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 01:08:48 pm »

<3
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 01:49:19 am »

See you on January 3rd .. hopefully with some days of HoS fun (left)
Ginge
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:14:30 am »

Not going to sugar coat it, HW is boring, the event is not an event, it's just stand in one spot and zone pull and loot....

We need a new event or something different...

Tank
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 10:35:21 am »

Not going to sugar coat it, HW is boring, the event is not an event, it's just stand in one spot and zone pull and loot....

Tank

I hear ya - but seems like this is what we got for the time being. I recall years back they did a Christmas event were you could jump into a portal to go to some Christmas islands or something of the sort, was really fun. However, it was exploitable and people exploited it and it just ruined the whole thing. I cant say for certain, but my guess is that event was thrown together quickly and the result was an event that was not robust enough to withstand the ill intentions of a a few bad apples (or at least a few good apples who made some poor decisions in the moment).

Point being, I would love to see a new event as well, but I would want it to be something that is planned out and tested. That takes a lot of time and effort, both of which seem to be focused in on future permanent content at the moment (which is where I prefer it). Again, I would love to see a new event, but perhaps not until T11 is released.

Ginge
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 10:47:35 am »

Tank

I hear ya - but seems like this is what we got for the time being. I recall years back they did a Christmas event were you could jump into a portal to go to some Christmas islands or something of the sort, was really fun. However, it was exploitable and people exploited it and it just ruined the whole thing. I cant say for certain, but my guess is that event was thrown together quickly and the result was an event that was not robust enough to withstand the ill intentions of a a few bad apples (or at least a few good apples who made some poor decisions in the moment).

Point being, I would love to see a new event as well, but I would want it to be something that is planned out and tested. That takes a lot of time and effort, both of which seem to be focused in on future permanent content at the moment (which is where I prefer it). Again, I would love to see a new event, but perhaps not until T11 is released.

A handful of people exploited the shit out of this HW event as well and all that happened was we all got punished for it for 8 months with no events...So nothing has changed there really..

I'd just like to see new content instead of getting a date for release for it and having some hope that it will happen for it to be already over a month late on release, just don't announce a date..

Tank

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 11:00:57 am »

A handful of people exploited the shit out of this HW event as well and all that happened was we all got punished for it for 8 months with no events...So nothing has changed there really..

I'd just like to see new content instead of getting a date for release for it and having some hope that it will happen for it to be already over a month late on release, just don't announce a date..

Tank

Just try to remember the people who put the work into getting us the new content are doing so voluntarily without compensation (or much of it....I don't really know what they do but if you ask me they should be opening Dono's purely for their time). True that its always better to under promise and over deliver....but generally speaking that shouldn't come into play here.  Anything we put  into the server through donations, we were directly rewarded for it. Any entitlement for donations ends there. We should all do our best to support those who are willing to give their time to this servers development rather than complain because it took longer than expected.  

Ginge
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 11:18:20 am »

I was one of a handful of people that could even be bothered to log on to the test server and test 10.67 to the best of my ability, I couldn't make it past the first three mobs but I stayed there trying over and over again because it needed testing.. So to loosely insinuate that I do nothing to support the server or the people trying to help the server progress is a bit of an insult.

Tank
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 11:29:37 am »

So to loosely insinuate that I do nothing to support the server or the people trying to help the server progress is a bit of an insult.

I was not trying to insinuate that you do nothing to support the server. I was loosely insinuating that pointing out that 10.67 is delayed a month beyond a date that was likely caveated (I'm too lazy to go look at the post) isn't very supportive.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 01:27:54 pm »

Topics asking for events are sacred. Don't taint it!  Wink

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 08:23:16 pm »

Tank

Sounds like just the thing.

Would be awesome if you could whip up something with a brilliant story- and questline, maybe some next level boss scripts to really challenge and bring out the potential in everything from 1 team players to 4 team players - Loots should be plenty and juicy, but not too hard or time consuming to get, would be great - Sugar on top, would be if there are no high jumps that halflings cant jump.

When will you have it ready for us?  Roll Eyes

Ginge
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 07:45:21 am »

Tank

Sounds like just the thing.

Would be awesome if you could whip up something with a brilliant story- and questline, maybe some next level boss scripts to really challenge and bring out the potential in everything from 1 team players to 4 team players - Loots should be plenty and juicy, but not too hard or time consuming to get, would be great - Sugar on top, would be if there are no high jumps that halflings cant jump.

When will you have it ready for us?  Roll Eyes

What's wrong with doing the goblin invasion for a change?

Turn MPG back on for a weekend for a laugh, just something different than standing in a spot farming zone pulls and loot instances...

Tank
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:49:55 am by Tankus » Logged
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 01:05:48 pm »

I guess for most of us it is all about loot.
Many want more TL/DL, Foxy Augs, AAs
Almost everyone needs more earrings, shoulders, masks, gorgons .. that is what it is all about.

Dont forget for many players it is the first, second or third time only to participate in that event.

I mean there could be special loot in other events but loot from HOS is closest to end game loot so most useful for the players.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 01:18:39 pm »

.. and for some, it's 3 years since last time  Grin

Ginge
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2021, 02:27:33 pm »

Akka said he is kicking one off later when he is next to a pc so good news Wink

Tank
Pages: [1] 2