Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:35:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SK's Broken?  (Read 6010 times)
Righteous

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:34:37 pm »

I started playing on this server a little over a week ago. So far I have had a blast. My father however made a SK and my zerker has been killing things so fast we never really noticed that his toon SUCKED!!!!!!  I mean epic failure sucked.

Light blue in dulak smashes his SK before he can kill it below 80%. I don't know if his toon is bugged or what. We made a rogue for him and his lvl 20 rogue would out dps his lvl 51 SK. I know something has to be wrong here.

I would tank with the zerker so he wouldn't really tank at all but that shouldn't effect is ability to hit? I can see his defense being a little low and that effecting his AC a little but I think it is way more than just that. His top hit at 51 was 95dmg and that was amazing to see usually it is around 25dmg or miss completely. My zerker was hitting for high 100's and low 200's at the time very frequent. His 2hnd skill is maxed and so is offense.

Also my zerker had about 3k more hp at the same level even though they were both fully geared from the same zones.

Was this really bad luck and his toon is bugged or is this just how it is?

UPDATE --

I have solved the riddle so I thought I would update you guys.  My dad made another SK. This time we didn't worry about gear at all we were just flying through the lvls so we had mostly the noobie gear.

His toon lower level and with way lesser gear is now soloing a few mobs in Dulak before having to rest. His toon was very much bugged. I think it had something to do with the skill trainer at lvl one. It seemed like his toon was still level one just higher level.

weird but now you know it is possible to get screwed on your toon.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:52:16 am by Righteous » Logged
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »

This server is based on level 70 toons with 3.0 epics.  Getting to level 70 takes a couple of days and most people use a four box, which is doable with another player playing two each.  SK's can't compare with warriors at the top end but I do see SK's tanking in pod with cleric support.  You can read  posts here and see the lay of the land, and it is a warrior/cleric based server. 
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:13:41 am »

Yeah, honestly all your experiencing is SK's and Pal's suck as they level up. Just make sure to make use of the buff bot, and their spells.

From what i can tell, what you're experiencing is normal.
Righteous

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »

Yeah, honestly all your experiencing is SK's and Pal's suck as they level up. Just make sure to make use of the buff bot, and their spells.

From what i can tell, what you're experiencing is normal.

ahh ok thanks for answering my question. I guess he will just plug away at it then.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:49 am »

Yeah, they aren't noticably superior at tanking than any other melee class really until later levels, and they cant DW, flying kick, or really anything special. So they can be a drag at first. Smiley I love my 70 SK. 3.0 w/ oracle charm level 5 is sweet. Trying to get to oracle11.
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »

Further supporting these claims, for the SK to have a decent role and be useful is not purely dependant on DPS from melee...cause it just isnt in the stars. One must use all spells correctly and have the right modifiers geared towards that playstyle. SKs are very viable post 3.0 and t1/t2 outfitted, other than that they really require team support to tank/offtank.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:34 pm »

I started playing on this server a little over a week ago. So far I have had a blast. My father however made a SK and my zerker has been killing things so fast we never really noticed that his toon SUCKED!!!!!!  I mean epic failure sucked.

Light blue in dulak smashes his SK before he can kill it below 80%. I don't know if his toon is bugged or what. We made a rogue for him and his lvl 20 rogue would out dps his lvl 51 SK. I know something has to be wrong here.

I would tank with the zerker so he wouldn't really tank at all but that shouldn't effect is ability to hit? I can see his defense being a little low and that effecting his AC a little but I think it is way more than just that. His top hit at 51 was 95dmg and that was amazing to see usually it is around 25dmg or miss completely. My zerker was hitting for high 100's and low 200's at the time very frequent. His 2hnd skill is maxed and so is offense.

Also my zerker had about 3k more hp at the same level even though they were both fully geared from the same zones.

Was this really bad luck and his toon is bugged or is this just how it is?
Tell your dad to save himself some time and hardship and make a paladin or warrior, youll thank me later.

Poop
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 12:58:59 am »

I still main my SK... but I just made a bunch of other toons too Smiley SK is great fun and excels at so much.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 07:08:40 am »

Play what you want to play. Regardless of challenge.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats