Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:46:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88464 times)
Peign
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2016, 05:20:50 pm »

Whatever the new content is we need to come up with a battle in it that we might lose.

this for me is what we are missing in t10... and even t9.... after a very short learning curve you will win whatever fight you get in vrs the bosses.... Its very little risk... the challenge is to get them to spawn .. not to kill them.

So how do we create and encounter that is going to be challenging but doable up front...and down the road some?  

One idea of the top of my head would be some kind of "king of the ring" event  where you have to fight an ever-increasing spawn of mobs ..wave after wave...the higher you go the better the reward....

does anyone else have an idea that would be a challenge to a team of 12 and 36?

From an  EZ server standpoint, I think the last true hard boss was 2009/2010 MCP.   MCP would DT the main tank with aggro so teams that could do MCP would run 2 wars or 2 main tanks.     T5 and above has been pretty much uber grind with a mixture kill x mobs in y timeframe to spawn boss.   Definitely time consuming, not sure on the challenge.

Potential way to remedy this would be to have a boss DT (actually kill not just hit for 1m hp or w/e) all toons in a class.    For example,   Nub Pally Shouts:  Warriors suck, you shall die!!    -- all warriors within x range of the boss are dead.     Nub Pally Shouts:  Clerics are a worthless class, go FDAU!    -- All clerics within x range of the boss are dead.    This coupled with some additional twists and maybe some debuffs could present a challenge, if that is what you are looking for.

Me, I just want to zone out and have my gear emailed to me!   Tongue  lolololol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:23:17 pm by Peign » Logged
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:22 pm »

t6 boss was much harder than mcp. It DT and summoned adds that when you first broke in hit like a truck.
Peign
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »

t6 boss was much harder than mcp. It DT and summoned adds that when you first broke in hit like a truck.

Perhaps when it first came out.  However,  resist augs were added shortly after and the DT is can be resisted.   I don't recall adds being summoned unless you did not clear bosses.
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2016, 12:05:49 am »

Each form summoned 3 or 4 sets of 3-4 adds and the final fight charmed MT as well. resist augs were not added for quite a while and not many people could farm t6 nearly as efficiently since a lot of the classes did not ae like they do now. once 2012 halloween event came out and goblin dropped the higher tier people started pulling the whole zone at once since they could get 99% stonewall on their warriors which led to stonewall nerfs a little later.

edit: 2012 halloween not 2013
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:11:50 pm by Dreyitt » Logged
Peign
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:45 am »

It was the 1000% riposte on T7 war BP coupled with immortal skin of drake that allowed T6 to be pulled all at once back then.
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2016, 12:39:22 am »

That was just another point in time, before that you could get 99% stonewall with 65% warrior stonewall, 17% goblin and 17% cleric. riposte it down with black unicorn weapons. After that warrior stonewall was nerfed and tofs didnt come out for quite a while after t6. Maybe you didn't do mata when it was harder but it without a doubt was harder than mcp which isn't all that relevant to what was trying to be discussed in the post. I just wanted to remind people that t6 boss didn't used to be so easy.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:11:38 pm by Dreyitt » Logged
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2016, 01:01:02 am »

Here are some ideas that could be added to bosses to make them feel more like bosses.

Emotes that require you to flip a mob to face a certain way, if not done in a timely fashion make the boss kill off the raid.

Boss mobs porting away while summoning adds which have to be delt with in a correct order or they nuke the raid, make them tanky enough they dont get killed by ae too easily.

Make the mob charm a person from the raid who needs to be killed off in a timely fashion or it charms 2 people who would then need killed and if failed to be killed it spreads to 2 addition per unsuccesful kill. Can make the charmed people get a buff so they are not easily killed and require you to focus them for like 10 seconds or what not. Prioritizes dps than healers than tanks so its not just rng and tank charm wipes group.

Have mobs fill a room up and if you are near them it kills off group members with ae, so you have to move the mob around a bit and be aware of your environment.

Adds that spawn and walk towards the boss that need killed off before they reach the boss or it explodes or buffs the boss.

Have bosses that need to be killed in pairs or they don't drop as much loot, rewards people who have put in more time and are able to kill them at the same time, but buff how much tank damage they do substantially enough that on current tier it has potential to kill the tank if cooldowns or offtanks arnt utilized.

Just some things I tried to think of that seem simple enough that people boxing can handle while making the game a bit more interesting. If more things like this are what people would want to make the game more interesting let me know and i can try to think of some more. For the most part I just thought about things that dont seem overly complicated to code as well as things people that might not have the best reactions would still be able to deal with.

I enjoy ez about a month or two at a time as im sure a lot of people do. But after a while bosses acting like glorified trash doesn't ignite the spark like a boss does when it has mechanics and you finally beat it the first time. Or when they are more rewarding when you purposefully make the fights harder like in my last suggestion.

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2016, 01:54:25 pm »

Pretty much none of that will work unless you can scale based on equipment levels with levels assiciated to uw ranks, earrings, shields, ect.. When teams of people like rymo who have a full team of uw weapons and max earings uc3 shields ect do a set encounter they will either die to mechanics based on too much dps or demolish it within a few swings.

Maybe force a debuff on zonein that sets you at a certain stat level.
Even the tables between toons for t11. With the primary goal being completion of the tier.

And wouldnt that require people to complete t10?
bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2016, 02:06:07 pm »

And a uc1 takes 196 charm upgrades which cost 3 berries each.. Totaling 588.

The initial v1 charm is needed to start the charm.
nazlum

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2016, 07:08:44 pm »

one thing that I would kind of like I'm like 50/50 on is in some of the lower tiered zones on some of the epic mobs the epic books/pages drops 1 page upping the count to drop more then 1 possibly at least on the triggered bosses when running with friends or guildies when breaking content it would be nice to be able to split loot but understandable where this is a 1 book for 1 kill but just an idea.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2016, 08:00:24 pm »

I can't think of any reason to change anything t9 or below....

it all seems to function well.

faster is not better.

One thing that ...might...may ...make it better is to shrink all the really silly giant ass mobs down to 1/3 the current size in many zones...as much as we enjoy batteling a non stop cascade of various toes....might ...you know...just look better.... not sure how much work that would be...just a thought I have had ....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:40:28 pm by balidet » Logged

Peign
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2016, 10:49:51 am »

I can't think of any reason to change anything t9 or below....

it all seems to function well.

faster is not better.

One thing that ...might...may ...make it better is to shrink all the really silly giant ass mobs down to 1/3 the current size in many zones...as much as we enjoy batteling a non stop cascade of various toes....might ...you know...just look better.... not sure how much work that would be...just a thought I have had ....

Not sure about that, it is pretty standard for games to adjust content of lower progression tiers as the game progresses.     EZ server is now a 7 yr old game at this point. 

It has been mentioned in this thread but I think the T5 boss rate is worth a review.    T5 is fun the first time you go through, but it is not that enjoyable when trying to back flag toons.     I back flagged 4 or 5 toons in June and July of this year and it was tedious to say the least.   

Another area for review I believe is T9.    Specifically Black Priest and spells.   At some point in time it appears that the number of undead spawning in the night time spawn was reduced.   It looks like only 30 spawn now.   Perhaps I am wrong but I believe this used to be a 50 spawn.    That reduction of undead spawn per game day equates to a reduced amount of BP spawns.  So, if you hunt just the undead you are looking at a BP spawn of maybe once every 70 min.   Now, once you have it spawned you have a plethora of spells with 0 value in todays dynamic sitting on the spell table.

It would be nice if the spell drop logic could be reviewed.    Here is a list (may be incomplete) of spells dropping in T9.   Word of Vification 2 is a T8 spell and should be removed immediately from T9.   

Spells categorized as Crap could be removed from the game with 0 negative effects.   

Spell: Word of Vivification 2  - T8 Spell dropping in T9  -  Should be removed from T9

Spell: Druid Regeneration V  Druid  - Good Spell
Spell: Baited Breath III Shaman  -  Crap
Spell: Call of the Void V   Shadow Knight  -  Good spell
Spell: Elemental Rage II   Magician  - I guess good
Spell: Essencesink IV    Wizard   - Crap
Spell: Harvest VII   Wizard   - Crap
Spell: Incisor of the Unholy III   Necromancer  -  Crap
Spell: Keep of Alendar III   Enchanter  Crap
Spell: Mark of Emperors IV    Cleric  -  Useful
Spell: Polarity Flux III   Enchanter  -   Dunno
Spell: Shy Crustaceans Rain of Frogs IV Druid  Could be useful I guess
Spell: Timeless: Vampiric Thunder II  Chanter   Good spell
Spell: Tower of Calrena III   Wizard:   Crap
Spell: Unholy Shackles IV   Necromancer   -  Good spell  (never drops)
Spell: Vicious Ice IV   Beast Lord    -   Good spell (do peeps play BL?)
Spell: Wail of Tashan IV   Enchanter  -   Useful
Spell: Yamakagis Fiery Passion Inferno IV Wizard   -  Good DD
Spell: Son of Sathir   Shadowknight   -   Seriously?   Crap
Spell: Virulence IV    Shadowknight   -   Good Spell
Spell: Theft of Toughness III   Shadow Knight   -  Good Spell
Spell: Acquittal of the Tribunal III   Shaman   -  Good Spell (never drops)
Spell: Gale Force III Ranger -  Useful
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2016, 11:09:52 am »

Spell: Baited Breath III Shaman  -  Crap

Will have to disagree with you on this one Mas. Tis usefull in some instances for that extra dps (when you have time to cast it).

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2016, 11:34:15 am »

most of this could be alleviated by simply updating the spell recipes to include T8/T9 spells
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:36:52 am by walk2k » Logged

Peign
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2016, 12:04:16 pm »

most of this could be alleviated by simply updating the spell recipes to include T8/T9 spells

It is standard that spells are not available until they are 2 tiers from the top tier.   T9 spells would be available for research when and if T11 is implemented.   

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232