Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:08:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Mase - Ks in Sebilis - 1.17.11  (Read 24243 times)
Mase Windu

"The answer is in the question." ― Mace Windu

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »

Drezden, I will do that next time.  Thanks for the info 

I am a fairly familiar with MMo's, but not of this type of character defamation. 

In my defense, it seems like he was camping multiple mobs by boxing, and he was simply afk for too long.

I don't like making enemies, especially on a nostalgia-mmo called EZ server. 

I will follow you advice to a T Drezden, as I do not want to have this fiasco again.

thanks
Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 02:36:25 pm »

I couldn't find anything in the server rules section about camping multiple spawn points.

Can anyone else find anything and direct everyone on this thread to the rule?

It is my understanding that camping multiple spawns with different characters is a big no-no. Something I found out while breaking this exact rule for which I apologize even if there is no rule. It seems that this would be exploiting the generosity of Hunter and team allowing us to Box on this server.

Kudos to Mase for stepping up and apologizing for his mistake although it may not be enough for what may be him taking advantage of a situation and making off with the loot. I am not accusing you of doing this, although there is just no proof to back you up on this one while there are multiple people pointing fingers saying you're the bad guy here.

Play it safe next time and get some helpful screen shots to back you up bro.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.
Mase Windu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »

I don't like how I'm proven guilty until proven innocent

Apparently several screen shots which nobody can read = he was right.

Needless to say I hailed him several times, and he didn't respond.  
For 5 minutes - 350 seconds.  Count that out loud - it was a significant amount of time to be away from your keyboard/character.

When camping Fighters Guild items, I would hope that you'd have the respect of the person (sometimes several people) waiting in line to get that item.  The whole FG set sells for 400-500k.  One item mathematically is worth 22k, but I have seen KD's go up to 50k.

I play by the rules.  Here is an analogy.  

This is exactly like someone using a dryer in a community washer/dryer room.  Sometimes people leave their clothes in the dryer when it's done.  However, there are only limited amounts of dryers.  Sometimes someone has to take the other person's clothes out of the dryer, so that they can get their turn at using it.  The other person comes back and finds their clothes in a pile on the floor and gets mad.  Well, you didn't come back fast enough, and those are the rules.

yes, there are better analogies, only one I could think of right now.

I apologize for the inconvenience to Kedzog, however he was afk far too long and FG items do not give the luxury of having extended afk times.  Plus it sounds like he was multi-boxing FG items - which is not allowed.

If I am wrong about the 5 minute rule, please correct me.  Otherwise, I truly do not feel I did anything wrong and I will defend my point of view.

Just because he put a post with pictures before me doesn't give him the right of way.

Next time I will take multiple screen shots if something questionable comes up, and post them on the forum ASAP.

My lesson of how FAST you get a wrong reputation has been learned.

I apologize again for any misconceptions, and would like to move on to more gaming and everquest beat downs.

Mase Windu

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:53 pm »

Thanks L
Ragekat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »

Mase, that story of yours isnt all true and you know it. yes i was in line when i came down. you did not say "i am next in line", you made an ignorant mexican comment (not the first time i have had an ignorant coment by Mase fyi). YOU killed the KD mob and looted it right away and said nothing until i said Gratz Kegzod and YOU said you looted it so i wouldnt KS. i mean seriosuly why would i KS a mob i was 3rd in line for and could get anytime i want, i was the one who witnessed YOU KS and loot the mob "without saying nothing". after you made that comment of me going to KS is when i said you were the one who just KSed. YOU then starting rumbling trash talk and i simply said id probably whoop your ass with my gimp alt Paladin which lead to the duel where my gimp Pal died. i got back to the camp within a Min and Mase was no where to be found and logged out. Kegzod also returned when i got back (remind you this all went down within that 5min) and i told him the situation. Also i remember Keg saying he was helping a friend on another screen. Let me also add that this isnt the first time Mase has been ignorant, ive had an encounter with him in Lguk where he was ignorant and also making rude remarks. If he doesnt end up getting banned for his actions, atleast the whole server is now aware of him and his no class attitude.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:47 pm »

It is my understanding that camping multiple spawns with different characters is a big no-no.

You know I'm not even sure about this one. I just know ya cant claim to be camping separate camps with same char.
carshowkings

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

Hold up hold up hold up -

This is only one side of the story!

This is what happened -

Kedzog and I ran to the KD room, we were basically the same time (running side by side until the last room), so we did a /random 100 to see who was first in line.

Ok, I had a 3, Kedzog had a 44.  So he was next in line.  Understood. 

Some time passes, Zeus from Illuminata comes in.  I tell him that I am next, and he is 3rd.  He responds with "yeah I know puta". 

The KD dude spawns, and comes to me since I am in the corner, my defensive reflex on my character puts a bunch of hurt on him, so I kill him.  He has the KD so I loot it.  I then Hail Kedzog several times - no response. 

Zeus starts talking trash, because he thinks I am going to steal it.  I say no I am not I am going to, I am going to give it to Kedzog.   More trash talk ensues, so I say lets settle it with a dual (to Zeus).  Kedzog is still afk.

After I kill Zeus, I notice that it has been 5 minutes and Kedzog is still afk. 

I was told that there is a 5 minute rule on loot, so I ported.  I'd been camping all day, so I logged off and helped with a friend's car battery.

If I was mistaken about the 5 minute rule, I apologize.  It was fun stomping Zeus. 

Please hear BOTH sides of the story, and I apologize for any perceived wrong doings.

I'm not a KSer, honest

Mase Windu from Star Wars

No one passed judgment on anything. You and I didn't get to the room at the same time, and even Gabrella will back me up on that, you insisted that we got there the same time and asked me to roll for the camp. I told you how i came to the camp before you and you asked me to roll for it... I was being nice and said sure, due to the fact that i had other shit going on. Prior to that i had wirate open the door from an alt for sebilis and watched you run around the area of the door looking for how to get down there. Before i get to a camp, i always check my MQ2 to see where/how many people are camping what spawn point. After all that and me winning the roll I told you exactly when the next mob would be up, and what the spawn timer was. If those screen shots were bigger, (the ones i sent to hunter are) you will notice i wasn't gone for very long at all. I even told you that i was camping 2-3 different spawn points for my charc's and how i was tabbing threw screens. You practically sat in that room while i killed 4-5 different PH's/Nameds looking for that item.I was Definitely not gone for no 5 minutes after the mob respawned. There was more then just me and you in the room. Multiple people aren't going to lie about how long i was afk for. Zues walked into the room and you told him the camp was mine. You guys started arguing about how you killed my mob and your reflex were too strong. I came back to hail the mob right as you gated out!

After gating out, I sent you 3-4 tells and none were answered followed by you logging out. Really man, you wanted to give me the KD then why did you log out and gate outta Seb after sending a telling Zues that you were going to give me the KD?

Yes i was on 2-3 different charc's camping 2-3 different spawns. I was able to kill all my spawns and knew exactly when they were spawning. I have over 12 different charc's and camp multiple spawn's in FG/CG so that i can make those go by faster. I don't run over people nor kill there camp's when they are afk..I just wait for people to leave so that i can camp it next.
carshowkings

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 03:10:49 pm »

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

I wasn't holding the camp on the same charc. I had 3  character screens going, on 3 separate camp's...Don't believe anything is wrong with that unless you can't kill the mobs or go afk for longer then 5 minutes...
Ragekat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »

And yes it does have something to say Madthrok, "there are people pointing the finger" ratio is 3-1 here with the side of 3 story all in place and not lying.
carshowkings

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 03:12:14 pm »

Camping multiple spawns on the same char is not allowed..once you bail you forfeited the camp less no one was there when ya returned.

That being said, I'm not sure what ya meant buy this,where ya camping stuff on a different char? Or did you leave the KD spawn to go check another spawn?

Like i said, I was camping stuff on a different Character. I had 3 of them up and were camping 3 separate spawn points.
Mase Windu

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »

No, I set the timer, I play by the rules.  I set a timer after any spawn dies, you were AFK.

Please don't lie.

I've said everything I've needed to say, and I stand by my story.

I'll take this up with whoever, I know what happened. 

I am not going to listen to a sore loser who just got a lesson in being AFK when camping FG items.

carshowkings

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »

Mase..best thing to do in that situation is send the AFK player a /tell about it,then time stamp it and take a SS..wait the 5 minutes do same thing..then your in the clear and have proof. Its always good to cover you own ass.

edit:
 Since ya was in room and waiting your turn,could have time stamped the pop when it popped..time stamp again after the 5..if dude hasnt budged..feel free to kill it.

Am I wrong about this? This was my understanding of the 5 min rule. I mean they dont even have to be afk for this to apply.

That's correct. Problem here was, he didn't wait the 5 minutes like he is claiming. He killed the mob and gated, I took screen shots from the beginning of the story when i ran into him until i came back...

If you knew exactly what time the mob was spawning, you wouldn't have missed it. I knew what time it was, might of been off by a minute but no more then that. When i got back to my screen he had just finished gating and telling Zues that he was going to hand me the item =/
Mase Windu

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15:36 pm »

Ragekat/Zeus -

You're just mad because I put a massive beatdown on your pally.  Yeah you got pwnd.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »

Use some common sense.

You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time

You, is you the person, not each one of your boxes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 186