Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:51:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Waypoint Instances Updated  (Read 30613 times)
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 03:06:42 pm »

72 hours sounds pretty dam good to me. Thank you Hunter and criers
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 03:34:59 pm »

Thanks Hunter,

My short playtime will still be enough to enjoy 72 hours instances.

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »

Grin
On the Change

maybe make it so you cant create more then one guild instace in a 24 hour time period fort he same zone? if that's possible? just an idea

Wouldn't this effect players in different time zones making just 1 guy pay for these over and over..

No b/c its only for Xplayer who created a guild instance then cleared it then created ag roup instance then cleared it then deleted both instances in order to create a new guild/group instance...that player would be the only one subject to waiting 24 hours untill they could make another one for that zone....so to sum it up.....

Whispering creates an HoH guild instances clears heavesn then creates a group instance to clear heavens again then deletes them both....he must wait untill 24 horus later beforehe can create antoher guild/group instance for HoH.... now this would prob only work if you could do it by IP to avoid  exploting this but.....idk it was just an idea.

and thanks hunter 72 makes me feel much better Smiley as always you rock sir
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 04:24:27 pm »

I think this is a great compromise. 100k is damn steep but if you actually get other guild members to contribute - 18-20k (ish) so you can work on your flagging and gear is trivial.

I'm not completely familiar with the group instances as I would think that if your group built an instance and the next day you tried to get back into it - would it still be there? Seems that 50k for something like that would be steep.

Again be happy with what you have. At one point there was no group only guild.. at one point Qvic Tav, POD HOH and POAir where the only zones you could have a instance. Even then POair spawns where linked to public so it was pointless. Try farming t3/4 fighting the whole server for 1 zone. Try farming UC fight the while server for the zone.

6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 06:58:18 pm »

72 hours is more fair. But my big question now is how do I get back into a group instance if I log out without my full group already in the instance? I've never gotten this to work before.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 07:23:50 pm »

When you create a group you are assigned a random group id number. When you create a group instance it is based off that group id number. Now when you do anything that changes that group id number you can no longer access that group instance. The instance does not go away, you just no longer have access to it. Logging out disbands your group, when you log back in you have to make a new group, therefore making a new group id number. So what happens to your group instance with the old group id? It is still there. For 7 days (under the old way). That is why when you create a group instance of pod you see a message saying your pod group instance is number 798. And that is only pod. This is why I think this move will solve more than it hurts. Instead of having 700 to 1000 old non usable instances per each popular zone there should be less now because people wont be creating so many on the fly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:00:55 pm by Xiggie » Logged

lordlarwin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »

well this will be a plus for one we can sell gear higher now but yea you really wont be able to delete and eremake instances i hope he does increase pop rate of omadon and death knight i spent over 2.7 mil at 20k a pop just trying to get 1 of them to pop and stayed up from 3pm to 530 am est before we ever saw death knight soo i guess it be interesting

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »

Back in my day we would grind up hill both ways with no instances and we were dang happy to have a ruby drop every 9th kill, These young whippersnappers would complain if you squashed there toon with a 5.0 dropping out of the sky.

yawn_god

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 10:51:34 am »

Quote from: Thebone
Why is everyone crying?? This is was it was at long ago. All you people that started with this 10k and 20k zones need to feel how hard it was for us old timers...

Get over it or get gone

You got to do what ever it takes to get by.

Like I said in my first post of 3 when I first started there was only a handfull of zones that could even have a instance and they were 100k each.

Try farming a UC with only PUB ldons and sharing the zone with 10 other people

You are complaining about something Alot of us lived. Read the post where I explain to you ways of making money and see how easy you still have it.

Quote from: HateborneHunter, I hate to say it...but thank you.

To the cry babies: Get over. Try farming up crap when instances DID NOT EXIST. Then your tears were valid. Oh and if you are feeling particularly hardcore, try when the charm drop rate was half of what it is now (yes bosses used to have 50% chance, but they were all permacamped).

To those who have seen the paragraph above: GAME ON BITCHES!

-Hate[/quote

Back in my day we would grind up hill both ways with no instances and we were dang happy to have a ruby drop every 9th kill, These young whippersnappers would complain if you squashed there toon with a 5.0 dropping out of the sky.

One step forward, half a step back.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:20 am »

Quote from: Thebone
Why is everyone crying?? This is was it was at long ago. All you people that started with this 10k and 20k zones need to feel how hard it was for us old timers...

Get over it or get gone

You got to do what ever it takes to get by.

Like I said in my first post of 3 when I first started there was only a handfull of zones that could even have a instance and they were 100k each.

Try farming a UC with only PUB ldons and sharing the zone with 10 other people

You are complaining about something Alot of us lived. Read the post where I explain to you ways of making money and see how easy you still have it.

Quote from: HateborneHunter, I hate to say it...but thank you.

To the cry babies: Get over. Try farming up crap when instances DID NOT EXIST. Then your tears were valid. Oh and if you are feeling particularly hardcore, try when the charm drop rate was half of what it is now (yes bosses used to have 50% chance, but they were all permacamped).

To those who have seen the paragraph above: GAME ON BITCHES!

-Hate[/quote

One step forward, half a step back.

LOOK FUGI!!! This guy Quotes like me!

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »

Bone you messed up again

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »

I know this work computer hates me

Larney_2010

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:50 pm »

i've kinda got mixed feeling about this

on the one hand i'm glad sploiters or whatever getting the slap in the face and that instance loads will be alot lower so space can be freed up

on that i say kudos

but... i only recently started playing here as do alot of other newcommers , and tbh i often use a quick group instance to camp something for FG/CG or whatever because pub is fully camped so the 10k was well worth it even in the early stage where people don't have the big bucks yet ...

and yes b4 i get quoted and called a cry baby , i realize some  of you have been here a very long time and things used to be harder with no instances at all , i feel you , but you now have the plat to start a quick group instance without giving it a moment's thought

i guess if it wasn't beeing exploited but just a loading/back up/or other hardware related issue
there could be other ways to fix , like auto delete group instance when its been empty for 30 minutes , and limit group instances made to 1 by day per IP and disable group instances above T2 or something , just thinking aloud here so don't take offense pls

as for guild instances i'm not that far along so i don't know anything about that so i'll stfu about it Tongue

anyways thanks Hunter Cheesy
for making EZ my new home Smiley
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »

Do so few people understand how easy it is to make plat in this game?

Serious folks, just go to velks or qvic and farm gems... they drop like candy in both places.  As a higher end player I can pull the castle and kobolds and kill them and have just enough time to loot the corpse pile before it is ready for rinse and repeat.  At roughly 15-18k / clear in an instance.  I can do the same thing in pub, just takes longer cause I have to stop and loot every 9 mobs.  Shocked

As a low end player ( I have a baby sk I am soloing to see just how possible it is to solo here.) I was able to stack over 200k before level 70 through farming velks in pub.

50k for a group or 100k for a guild is a reasonable price for a 3 day run.  You *will* make that much in the 3 days, either in loot sales or armor acquisitions.

just saying....

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »

and yes b4 i get quoted and called a cry baby , i realize some  of you have been here a very long time and things used to be harder with no instances at all , i feel you , but you now have the plat to start a quick group instance without giving it a moment's thought

You won't be called a cry baby. In fact, in all fairness, it's newcomers like you that get hit hardest by these sweeping changes. We understand your pain, and empathize with you.

Keep in mind the change was made for 2 reasons:

1. ) A zillion dead floating remade instances were causing server instability and memory leaks, which brought down the server's entire performance and caused a lot of aggravation.

2. ) To punish the bot farmers and ppl abusing the instances to chain respawn zones after the juiciest of the content had been quickly killed.

The change needed to be made for that specific reason (#1). So it kinda *had* to happen regardless, and thats a good thing.

Sadly, it does little to nothing to achieve the second goal, since raising the price is something that punishes the (obscenely rich) botters and instance abusers who have the most cash anyways.

It would be like punishing the upper class in a state by instituting a 20% sales tax on everything (gas / food / smokes / servers / consumer goods / etc).. Yes, those earning, say, $500,000 a year would be pissed their apples at the grocer went from 50 cents a pouond to 75 cents, or filling their gas tank went from $35 o $50.... but it decimates those earning less than $30,000 a year to suddenly be footing a heavy bill for all of the unavoidable necessities of everyday life magically being 20% more expensive.

So obviously if the change was made just as a kneejerk reaction to punish the wealthy, it's a complete failure. But it's a change for a hardware issue and server stability mainly, and in that it's a huge successs.

And a big thank you to Hunter for upping instances to 72 hrs from 24, it was a very welcome and nice compromise.

And this coming from a guy who lost over 400k today to lost group/guild tacvi instances. Tacvi is a famously unstable zone for instances and booting 150k every time they magically poof is steep, but meh. Having 72 solid in T1/T2/T3/T4/ldon/etc.. it's a small price to pay overall. I understand both points well. Smiley

And if he wanted to halve Tacvi instance costs (cough), i wouldn't object. Wink

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126