Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:02:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Trains  (Read 29744 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:42 pm »

Listen up you rebels. New source code allows me to determine trains and assign punishments (such as disconnect user).

Code:
Akkadius: Exported $client->GetAggroCount();, this will get how many NPC's are aggroed on the client. This can also be used to determine when in combat.

Oh, this is going to be fun, muahahah.

(Updating source code soon).

Hunter - EZ Server GM
bozac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »

Is it legal to train in private guild instance?

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK
Myleene, Pal
Bozpal, Bozrog, Boznec, Bozmnk
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:53:11 pm »

Technically I don't allow trains at all, but if your in a private instance, who's going to report you? Now I'll have code to take care of you exploiters!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 07:55:03 pm »

I am personally going to enjoy getting 9 mobs on my monk and feigning them on anyone in ldon / qvic / etc to get them instantly booted from the zone.

Thanks Hunter!

/sarcasm off.

As always, with every new concept and knee-jerk overreaction, there is going to be ways for people to grief each other. Hell, in qvic there's so many mobs bunched together in some of the areas it's going to be hard to not get 10 mobs in certain places.

And that would cripple the ability of a person with less-than-stellar computer to pull mobs to a central looting location in many zones.  /stick isnt always a feasible option in places like Qvic/Ldon/basicallyanywherewithwallsandobstacles.

And anyone with a 4.0+ and no AE ability is going to have a devil of a time keeping adds down on mobs like MoW and Tacvi boss 2 without getting 10 on a single screen.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:59:29 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
stales

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:10:58 pm »

Is this code going to effect PoFire?
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 08:13:57 pm »

Can we revist that rule with new instancing my understanding of that 10 or less rule was to allow sharing of public zones before instancing so a high end warrior could not come into a zone and monopolize a whole zone and also zones were little less stable back then so people could crash them easily to grief people.

As in live or any game for example becoming high geared takes time and with that you get the benefit of lower tier zones being easier with the 10 rule your basically saying all the effort you put in to gear means nothing in this aspect and I would like to hear your opinion on this Hunter as most things on this server is already pretty time consuming.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

Is this code going to effect PoFire?

lol i totally forgot about that. If the change is serverwide, Hunter will need to take the 'custom' out of PoFire in order to keep the 11mobANDIBOOTYOU code from tossing RoAers.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »

Lol charm farming in ldon will never be the same. Poor shadow is going to sore now i bet with everyone skipping ldon to kill the giant chicken of a demon instead.  Cheesy

Cracken
~Member of The house of Strix~
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »

I could easily set the X number of mobs allowed to train custom to each zone. I could make any punishment too from just logging it to a log.txt file for review abusers to do a mass ban later, or insta disconnects.

If I do the logging, you won't know its there. If I do the insta disconnects, then it'd be obvious right away.

Right now my priority is the zone crashing + upcoming Halloween Event.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Jackal1950

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »

I am fairly new to this server, but have heard that your Halloween event is a lot of fun, so helping the  stability of various zones seems logical, even if it means BanHammer at ready...8-)
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »

Hell, in qvic there's so many mobs bunched together in some of the areas it's going to be hard to not get 10 mobs in certain places.
And that would cripple the ability of a person with less-than-stellar computer to pull mobs to a central looting location in many zones.  /stick isnt always a feasible option in places like Qvic/Ldon/basicallyanywherewithwallsandobstacles.

Umm, try counting the mobs as you pull them.  I cannot think of a single place outside of specific encounters like MoW where you can attack 1 mob near you and pull 10.  I am not an expert, just saying....  

And anyone with a 4.0+ and no AE ability is going to have a devil of a time keeping adds down on mobs like MoW and Tacvi boss 2 without getting 10 on a single screen.

I don't think encounters like the tacvi bosses that spawn multiple adds would count as a train, at least not if you are killing them in their own room, and not pulling the whole zone to boss 8.

The whole 'no train' thing is pretty basic:  don't be greedy and do take your time.  If you can't handle behaving like that then pop an instance and party down.  Cheesy

As in live or any game for example becoming high geared takes time and with that you get the benefit of lower tier zones being easier with the 10 rule your basically saying all the effort you put in to gear means nothing in this aspect and I would like to hear your opinion on this Hunter as most things on this server is already pretty time consuming.

The fact that I can clear a zone several tiers lower than my char normally hunts does not mean that I should, or even that it is a moral thing to do.  The name for the act of a high level wasting a lower level zone for loot is "bottom feeding"  From the point of an observer it is a rude, arrogant behavior.  It is highly unfair competition to the players who are properly geared to be hunting at that zone level.

That being said, there are valid reasons to hunt down level.  The way you do that is to pop an instance so you do not impact the lower end of the community.  At a bare minimum of courtesy, if you do go bottom feeding in a public area you really should consider giving away the loots you do not need.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:29:13 pm »

Mass secret ban before Halloween event would be classic humor hunter lol i'm already tearing up thinking of the idea. Grin

Cracken
~Member of The house of Strix~
Wildane

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

Wow, I always thought training involved running over someone else.  So, training just means rounding up mobs to kill more efficiently?  Personally, I've never had a problem with anyone, either running anyone over or getting run over, and I have /hidec all and /hidec looted on hotkeys.  If this is the way it is, so be it, I just didn't know there was a problem.
Castaway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 08:32:34 pm »

Okay here is my opinion on this new update you are doing Hunter.

If you are going to change the limit to no more than killing 10 mobs at one time, you should change the drop rates on mobs because clearing qvic even in a guild instance pulling left to right, right to left still takes a very long time to do. Adding to this equation not everyone has hours and hours of time to play a game, we work, we have families and whatever else that falls in between. If you could increase the drop chances of certain items that are extremely rare this would be a little different. It would take a century alone to get a ultimate charm now.

This update aggravated me very much and wish to see some cooperation with us ez server members.

On top of this, I totally agree with this rule but only for the public.. in instances group or guild we should be able to pull how many ever mobs we want due to the price increase. We all should not be punished for other peoples actions..

Now for my idea on a very good change that you could probably do but it might take a bit of coding - For this idea that I speak of, you would need ( Item Levels ) on Tier Gear kind of like WoW has.. and with the item levels on gear you could make a maximum item level of  tier zones and if they exceed the maximum item level they are not allowed to kill in public, they must make an instance to hunt. To code this I am not sure on that as I am not a coder.. but I am pretty damn sure that this is possible
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:06:04 pm by Castaway » Logged
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 08:38:54 pm »

....If you are going to change the limit to no more than killing 10 mobs at one time....

This update aggravated me very much and wish to see some cooperation with us ez server members.

This is not a change, this rule has been in place forever.

As to cooperation among easy players, may I suggest we think about what a nice gift Hunter offers here for us and agree to cooperate in not giving him grief?  Think it through....

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65006
  • Total Topics: 5055
  • Online Today: 165
  • Online Ever: 8678