Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:35:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Would you like to see MCP Token become a wildcard for combining T3 tokens up to T4?  (Voting closed: April 18, 2012, 07:06:37 pm)
Yes - 14 (70%)
No - 6 (30%)
Other, Explain... - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Combine MCP with Any T3 for T4 Token? (aka wildcard combine)  (Read 9723 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »

I am curious what everyone's opinion is on this. It came up in chat the other day and I thought it was a damn good idea.

This would essentially work like this:
Combine Two Oceanlord Tokens for One Burning Prince Token
Combine One Oceanlord Token & One MCP Token for One Burning Prince Token

Just something to help put to these tokens to use.

Short of that, cut drop rate by 75% and/or make the MCP tokens lore. I feel bad carrying 100 of these things.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »

I agree with combine idea. Having to farm Hell for pages 9 & 10, one collects an arse load of MCP tokens.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:02 pm »

This is something we've discussed within Fear Mongers since before I finished my first stack of the MCP tokens.... It would be very handy if not a huge amount of work to add the recipes.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35:14 pm »

Give us something fun, like combine 2 MCP tokens to proc a server wide Death Touch Smiley

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:16:28 pm »

This is something we've discussed within Fear Mongers since before I finished my first stack of the MCP tokens.... It would be very handy if not a huge amount of work to add the recipes.

Skeezy Ratty Troll

Hell, I would add the recipes. I just need to know if this is something that the server (and Hunter) would like to see.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:42:09 pm »

Give us something fun, like combine 2 MCP tokens to proc a server wide Death Touch Smiley

Or maybe a Super MCP with double the hit points and decreased timers on the adds and Death Touch?  Let him drop a fat bag of plat and 3 books so a ranger can epic up in one fight and a farmer can turn a profit.

Although a server wide death touch that could be triggered twice a day would be a hoot.  Cheesy
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

Yeah....one that only hits rangers and gnomes for that old PoFear CT fight nostalgia.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Nocca

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:00:42 pm »

VETO SIR

Just giving Hunter busy work..There's nothing wrong with that system,
besides when you give away MCP kills all day like me, you run short of MCP tokens pretty fast..

So in short I think everyone should give away MCP kills to use up the tokens instead  Wink Grin Grin
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

If you really want to get rid of nearly useless common drops, ask for something else we can use illusion cards for other than illusion clickies. Although their name kinda implies that's what you get, they are totally pointless after you get a few.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 07:17:50 am »

VETO SIR

Just giving Hunter busy work..There's nothing wrong with that system,
besides when you give away MCP kills all day like me, you run short of MCP tokens pretty fast..

So in short I think everyone should give away MCP kills to use up the tokens instead  Wink Grin Grin

hahahahahahaha

I will give away 4.0 books under the exact same conditions that I give away any other piece of armor / gear:  If it is
   A) loot that comes from a kill I made AND
   B) loot that I or another other player assisting in the kill do not need AND
   C) loot that no one in my guild or my support list (1) needs.

Unfortunately, MCP fails before C as he has no significant loot other than the 4.0 book.  Give the Master some loot worth killing him over and people will kill him and charge less or give away the book.  Maybe accessorize him and give him the same chance to drop off-slot items as the other T3-T4 spawn have, or a chance to drop one or the other (or both) God essences, or even special cash loot items (in the 500pp to 5kpp sale range) like Hollerith Cards, Magnetic Tapes, Floppy Disks, etc.  Shucks, go whole hog and give him trick items with useful variants on common buffs like a Conviction with double the HP component.

Do that and I betcha by golly you'll see a lot more free 4.0 books floating in the /ooc channel! 

Skeezy Ratty Troll

(1) I cannot afford to drop cash into the collection basket.  Until I can do so the best way I can say thanks to Hunter for running this show is by indirectly supporting and motivating the players I see going out of their way to make EZ an even better place to waste my retirement!  So yeah, I have a list of players beside the keyboard who will see me (or an alt) appear when I hear they need a hand.
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:30:00 am »

I haven't seen any 4.0 books floating around all week, yet alone people letting them rot because no one wants to pay for them in OOC. I like the idea that Skeezy said maybe doing essences or novelty items such as buffers or illusion items. It would be fair to add T3/4 offset misc items considering MCP is harder then the T3 bosses and most of the T4 bosses. Good idea Hate lets see what Hunter has to say, because now that my new necro is up to par I'm going to have tons of these again.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 05:52:39 am »

I dont believe in giving anything away to anyone but a guildie....let people at least earn what they get (even if it is paying for it).

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 01:59:20 pm »

My general rule is, if i need money, i will sell stuff...if i dont, i'll give them for free
I dont really believe in spoiling people by gearing them to full t4 and 4.0 just because they made a character on EZ
there is no sense of achievement and ultimatelly you are ruining their fun factor by handfeeding them what they should be trying to beat
I have a necro account i never use and from time to time i might lend it to someone random to help them get some gear/epics, but they have to do all their work by them selfs

Nocca

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:59:09 pm »

Realistically for several months now people have either bought 3.5 and 4.0 or their guilds done 4.0 for them, while I agree with not giving away higher end content as to what Venia said in a way, if you don't work for it then its not worthwhile to you. However as I mentioned above people have bought 3.5-4.0 for the most part and seeing as there is t5 and t6 content now... I don't feel I'm ruining anyones game by giving away 4.0 books as they still have to accomplish 3.5 and all the pages which is really the annoying part of it anyway, what I don't mind ruining is the sales of everything including 4.0 kills Smiley but that's something I've been against early on..

Maybe I'm just too darned utopitarian trading good deeds and favors and treating others as I would like to be treated and for me hey it has worked pretty well, I'm pretty well loved in EZ and people tend to give me what little I need and rarely ever charge me!
                                                        Grin

Nocca Boosh
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »

I agree Nocca, and like the idea that you gift the books.  I give away most loot instead of selling it because folks gifted me when I arrived and these things get paid forward and because it slows me down to sell stuff I down need, and because I do not like being a top level player tying up public zones when I can easily afford private instances that lower levels cannot, and I have a preference for collecting money from NPCs and not PCs.  I spill a lot of loot and would not accomplish near as much if I bothered to stop work to sell everything.

T5 and its need of a UC tank is not diminished by keying an unprepared player.  The spoilers are up and if folks want to rebuff a lot, why I say let them die and learn just how much more than a 4.0 is needed for success in the zone.  Grin

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053