Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 06:05:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Update (Spells)  (Read 37565 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

I have a couple of questions, not sure if they were answered in the other thread. Im working on T4, and just for example the paladin cleanse off kronos, if I want it, I have to go back and farm t2? And I assume he wont always drop it? Is it possible to add some of the previous tier spells to the merchants in the zones past them? IE qvic,tacvi spells to the pod merchant, the t1,t2 spells to the hoh/pos merchant, and the t3/t4 to something in t5 (assuming there is one)?

Second, are dot damage's going to be increased by sorc charms? Along with this, is the bard group weapon proc going to be increased by the sorc charm? If so, will it be by player or increased off the bard's charm?

As Hunter mentioned, there will not be any easy route for those well past the content. If you need/want a certain spell, go farm it's highest rank (available to you). Also, all of these spells were written with the intention of removing the DoT restriction on Sorc/UC charms.

So...yeah. Shaman, necromancers, druids (once spells are written), and possibly a single enchanter DoT-line will finally see loving.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:33 pm »

I see a possible bug in one of the spells... Chorus of the Risen by bards...

Increase stamina loss by 100  ---- Thus ticking and LOSING stamina

shouldn't it be...

Decrease stamina loss by 100 ---- Like how Invigor is worded

If the stamina loss was intended then ignore this! Thank you =D

I will look into this.

-Hate

Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 03:38:11 pm »

I see a few spells that are only going to have one version coming out. Those are the only ones I am really concerned on. If they are on specific mobs that I have to backtrack for, meh. Its not like its game breaking, I just dont want to have to go back to farm. The mage group coh, paladin cleanse, shadowknight aoe agro spell are among some of the few. I guess we will just have to wait to see what mobs they are listed on, or is this complete drop list going to be revealed?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:19 pm »

I'm sure there will be plenty of rots for you to buy off other players as long as your flagged for the zone Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 06:52:30 pm »

One other thing, if you do happen to add pet affinity to the cleric (not sure if the heal it procs is meant to keep it alive, or just extra healing for the group till it dies) but could you add it to bard too? Would be nice if the mushroom could keep up with him
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 06:59:15 pm »

One other thing, if you do happen to add pet affinity to the cleric (not sure if the heal it procs is meant to keep it alive, or just extra healing for the group till it dies) but could you add it to bard too? Would be nice if the mushroom could keep up with him

>_>

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 07:25:58 pm »

Do the resist buffs increase the resist cap? Pretty much everyone is maxed out in all resists by the time they get qvic or tacvi gear, and a lot of mobs in PoD+ have unresistable or -1000 resist mod aoes.

Also, I'm excited that SKs are getting a cool damage proc spell, though I'm concerned that the healing penalty isn't strong enough. The way that healing mods currently work, they are additive. With a UC, kronos's healing debuff barely does anything to me, because it's subtracting like 50% from 700%. Is the intention to make SKs do more damage with the proc, but be 100% reliant on another player to heal them? Cool idea if so.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

Do the resist buffs increase the resist cap? Pretty much everyone is maxed out in all resists by the time they get qvic or tacvi gear, and a lot of mobs in PoD+ have unresistable or -1000 resist mod aoes.

You are pretty much correct, I am still tinkering with an effect to reduce the damage of certain spell types (with those buffs). The resist add-ins are really just to prevent it from having every buff constantly overwriting the previous.

Also, I'm excited that SKs are getting a cool damage proc spell, though I'm concerned that the healing penalty isn't strong enough. The way that healing mods currently work, they are additive. With a UC, kronos's healing debuff barely does anything to me, because it's subtracting like 50% from 700%. Is the intention to make SKs do more damage with the proc, but be 100% reliant on another player to heal them? Cool idea if so.

You are correct Griz. The intention was to GREATLY knock down the heal amount (not to zero, but pretty damn close). On my test environment, I can only test so much. The heal debuff was inconsistent. It seemed at times to actually be true total healing adjustment while other times it was 75% off of ~600%. With some testing here, Hunter or I can set a safe value. The idea was to give the SKs the option to go DPS at the cost of the survivability. May tack on a damage RECEIVED bonus both to block Stonewall and to help fight against players going back a few tiers and utterly decimating.

-Hate

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »

and to help fight against players going back a few tiers and utterly decimating.

Umm... why exactly would we want to expend effort on that?  Isn't that just a fact of gaming life?  It seems to me that any time and energy in that area should be devoted toward eliminating the need or desire to return to previous zones, or just concede that a T6 geared player is going to slaughter large rats in Freeport and move on.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 11:32:43 pm »

and to help fight against players going back a few tiers and utterly decimating.

Umm... why exactly would we want to expend effort on that?  Isn't that just a fact of gaming life?  It seems to me that any time and energy in that area should be devoted toward eliminating the need or desire to return to previous zones, or just concede that a T6 geared player is going to slaughter large rats in Freeport and move on.

Because I have the effort to expend. That and because I don't want to see the SK become so overpowered that everyone rushes to them, exploits them, and they are nerfed back into the stone age.

I am trying to prevent EXTREME unbalance, not merely higher tiered crushing lower tiers. I am trying to prevent the SK from getting an on-par version of the spell and INSTANTLY trivializing everything below. Eventually, yes I expect the character to hit that point naturally. One spell should not do it though.

(did that clarify anything?)

-Hate

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 11:59:22 am »

My question wasn't about over balance and the creation of the new superstar class.  I don't want that anymore than any other long term player here.  My question was simply... why worry about a top tier player decimating content several levels lower? 

If there is concern anywhere with balance I believe it should be viewed in context.  I see no reason to start looking under rocks in QVIC when Anguish gear players start pulling the zone.

I appreciate your efforts and the time you spend correcting and improving the server and have given suggestions and support in this endeavor.  I agree with 99.9% of what you say and do and how you do it.  This one subject may well be the .1% where I do not.  I just see no reason to worry about balancing upper tiers based on what they can do several levels lower.

If adding a spell to the SKs line up would truly be game breaking in the lower tiers (and I don't think it matters as long as it is obtained at the higher levels) would it not be possible to block that spell in those zones?  Much like Levitation in Velks?
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 01:21:45 pm »

the 'Matyr' [sic] line of spells should be spelled 'Martyr.'

/ducks
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 01:26:49 pm »

any specific reason why necro's are the only pet class to not get any type of mitagation spells for their pets?
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 01:38:33 pm »

any specific reason why necro's are the only pet class to not get any type of mitagation spells for their pets?

Um lets see, because healing themselves for 25k every second with the lifetap just about covers it. As long as the mitigation isn't MORE effective than this, then there is no reason to give it to them. Necro 4.0 pets can solo half the T3 bosses already.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »

the main reason pet classes got the pet mitigation spell line in the first place was so that they dont get 1 shot in T5+,hows a lifetap help them in that situation? im sure the lifetap is whats in the way right now from them getting the spell, just sucks theyre going to stay at the bottom of the barrel in end-game content because of it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:41:53 pm by Digz » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64993
  • Total Topics: 5054