Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:23:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Update (Spells)  (Read 37381 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »

any specific reason why necro's are the only pet class to not get any type of mitagation spells for their pets?
the main reason pet classes got the pet mitigation spell line in the first place was so that they dont get 1 shot in T5+,hows a lifetap help them in that situation? im sure the lifetap is whats in the way right now from them getting the spell, just sucks theyre going to stay at the bottom of the barrel in end-game content because of it.

The necro is currently top of the game solo class until pretty much t3 bosses. The necro has some digusting DoT lineups coming. The necromancer will be putting out formidable DPS but will require more than "Pet Attack & FD".

If you would like, we could remove the lifetap and give them standard mitgation tools. The trade off would be the inability to FD-solo all of the game up to T4. Can anyone else comment if necros are truly this 'bad'?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:46 pm »

people aren't going to want to give up the lifetap for mitigation because 1) people love ez mode and 2) theres way more people that play necros in T3 and lower then there is in T5 and above.  it'll be hard to find a middle ground on this one
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »

people aren't going to want to give up the lifetap for mitigation because 1) people love ez mode and 2) theres way more people that play necros in T3 and lower then there is in T5 and above.  it'll be hard to find a middle ground on this one

If you want a trade off I guess could be a buff that does like Hate wants with SK, lower the healing ability and increase the dps and maybe add some mitigation.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »

and to help fight against players going back a few tiers and utterly decimating.

Umm... why exactly would we want to expend effort on that?  Isn't that just a fact of gaming life?  It seems to me that any time and energy in that area should be devoted toward eliminating the need or desire to return to previous zones, or just concede that a T6 geared player is going to slaughter large rats in Freeport and move on.

Because I have the effort to expend. That and because I don't want to see the SK become so overpowered that everyone rushes to them, exploits them, and they are nerfed back into the stone age.

I am trying to prevent EXTREME unbalance, not merely higher tiered crushing lower tiers. I am trying to prevent the SK from getting an on-par version of the spell and INSTANTLY trivializing everything below. Eventually, yes I expect the character to hit that point naturally. One spell should not do it though.

(did that clarify anything?)

-Hate
Hate-
Seriously... going to fucking worry about a geared player going back a tier or two and slaughtering??
Pretty sure I havnt seen anyone geared through T5 nerfed for rushing qvic in 20seconds.
Waste of time and effort to worry about shit like that.
Whatever floats your boat tho, I'll support it even if I think your silly as shit.
Love b-

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »

Hate-
Seriously... going to fucking worry about a geared player going back a tier or two and slaughtering??
Pretty sure I havnt seen anyone geared through T5 nerfed for rushing qvic in 20seconds.
Waste of time and effort to worry about shit like that.
Whatever floats your boat tho, I'll support it even if I think your silly as shit.
Love b-

That is nearly a 6 tier jump. I don't give a damn. What I am trying to prevent is ExampleSKGuy getting this spell in say TACVI and INSTANTLY trivializing QVIC. Or ExampleSKGuy getting the next one in T3 to INSTANTLY trivialize T2. I don't mean being able to handle things easier, talking "lolafkGG" easy.

-Hate

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:49 pm »

the 'Matyr' [sic] line of spells should be spelled 'Martyr.'

/ducks

Yeah, I had typo'ed the bloody thing and simply forgotten. Thanks for the heads up. :-D

-Hate

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 06:52:46 am »

I don't mean being able to handle things easier, talking "lolafkGG" easy.

-Hate

Wait.... you're talking about removing the Ultimate Charm here?  Cause that sucker sure as all get-out makes things "lolafkGG" easy.  Just saying....

/em grins and giggles and ducks and hides.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:31 am »

I'm going to cut you.

-Hate

Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:25 am »

Since I play a necro also, had an idea on the pet. What about adding an augment spell like the mage maybe have it add a bit more haste then the augmentation of death we use currently. Also have it add say 50k hps or something? Would just help keep them alive, maybe add a small increase in dps to keep up with the mage pet that is getting a pretty hefty buff come t5 or 6. Even with the added dots, the necro will be still pretty low on dps(I compare it to mage with t4 nuke), but Ill still continue to keep him in my group regardless. It would be cool to add the increase in spell damage to the pet as well, would keep them closer in dps.

Also, I know its small, but playing one on live why froglock illusion? Maybe make it a dead froglock? I liked the spectre/skel looks, but frog? Shade model in ldon2, the keeper of past lore I think? Something more "dead" would be cool
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:30:26 pm by Iichigo » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:13 am »

Is there a list of what npc models are in the global file?
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 03:55:32 pm »

Is there a list of what npc models are in the global file?

Here a list I found that goes up to HoT. Of course it depends on the client, but UF clients global's should be reflected in the list.

This list is basically everything that can be spawned in the UF client, some will not render in older clients no matter what you do, so it takes UF client to make full use of it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:14:46 pm by Drezden » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 05:34:22 pm »

Hmm, froglok ghouls and DoDH zombies are in the global load.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »

Hmm, froglok ghouls and DoDH zombies are in the global load.

Are you looking at the list from Drezden's post? If so, those are global for UF only. We still have PLENTY not on Underfoot. Those without it would simply be seeing mobs die (or themselves die) to invisible objects. If not, please link your reference.  :-)

-Hate

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »

Ordinarily if a model isn't in the global or zone file it'll just default to human, so no worries about invisible dudes killing you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:53:55 pm by lerxst2112 » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:25 pm »

27-Froglok/Froglok Ghoul-Global-globalfroglok_chr
471-Zombie (New)-Global-zmf.eqg-zmm.eqg

according to that linked file
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats